“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #243 of 315 Restaurants in Telford
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went to enjoy a nice chilled meal and take a break from the heat during the lunch our and was very disappointed with way we were treated. Ordered food at the bar with Charlotte who appeared to be the manager, order was put through fine, 5 minutes later another memeber of staff came out to tell us they had run out of one of the meals, we then chose again and it was going to be more expensive by around 50p so they said they would need to take the further payment. We explained were not happy to pay more for a meal we didn't originally want. At this point Charlotte came out and said for stock purpose she would have to void and rekey and would have to then take correct payment, sticking to our principles we refused to pay more as we both work in hospitality where we know it is possible to ignore 50p. As they were unwilling we ended up with a refund and had to find somewhere else to eat. I can honestly say the way the situation was dealt with and the service we recieved from Charlotte has made me want to stay clear of harvester

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I ate at the Harvester two days this last week 19 & 20 June, and it is surprising how two days can differ. Ate at the same time both evenings as i was staying down there for work. On the first evening 19th a lovely pleasant girl greeted me, and was attentive and the food was surprisingly very different considering the reviews. The food was hot and the gammon was delicious.

2nd night 20th, it took a while for someone to greet me, a young man eventually came who actually didnt seem to want to be there. As i had enjoyed the gammon the previous evening i went for that again, but had to seek out the young man to take my order. The bread on the salad bar was just about out and i pointed this out to him and it took ages to replenish it. The gammon came and it was dried out, and the rest of the food was cold. I did advise the young man that the food was cold, and he just said ill tell them, i had no apology, nobody came to see me or offer me an alternative, i therefore ended up leaving half my meal. There didnt seem to be anyone senior in charge with only a couple of very young people running the dining area.

I think it is more about pot luck eating here than consistency. Not particularly cheap either, nor do i think it is value for money.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

To start with we waited to be greeted for a long time and when nobody cam we chose a table by the door where I could park my mobility scooter out of the way. As soon as I had manoeuvred into the space and got settled in a chair a lady appeared and brusquely told us we were sat in the bar and had to move even though it was very quiet and I said why we had sat there we were told no move. We moved less than three feet to a table that was obviously better suited in the lady's eyes but not in ours as it was stacked with someone else's breakfast plates and spillages. The lady left us without moving any of the plates. My partner ended up cleaning the table off onto another table himself. We were told to help ourselves to coffee and that the breakfast buffet was free and someone would be round to take our order for the cooked breakfast.my partner got our fruit and yoghurt but there were no spoons he had to go searching. After forty minutes someone came finally to ask what breakfast we wanted after my partner had been and asked a few times. The food when we got it was lovely it's a shame the service was so bad. We recently visited the harvester in Rugby and found the Telford staff could learn a lot from them

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Awful food, salad bar.... Well what a joke. Staff are rude and obnoxious. Really don't waste your time until it closes!

1  Thank JHenn1910
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is disgusting beyond belief. We came in for breakfast first thing in the morning and was greeted by a pleasant woman who sat us down on a gaffer taped seats, the glass behind us was filthy with kids sticky handprints, the coffee cups were stained and had coffee drips on the outside, my partner complained and the manager took the lot away for cleaning. The table was filled with old food, they had no scrambled eggs and they had one little jam left out of the whole building...Now for the disgusting part, the toilet was horrendous and definitely was not cleaned that morning, there was poo on the toilet brush and pubic hair on the toilet seat, underneath was congealed stale urine.

I’m not one to complain but this place had me speechless...we left quicker than you can flick flies off that toilet seat