“If your a local ,If not I wouldn't go again”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #56 of 262 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“If your a local ,If not I wouldn't go again”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Plough three times now & the food is average for pub food, But the atmosphere from the locals when you walk in is horrible
The Landlord is always standing there drinking stairing at people coming in & taking the Micky , Not very friendly at all. Would never go back

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BURNT FOOD & COLD RECEPTION FROM LANDLORD”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Went to the Plough with my girl friend for sunday lunch & it was discusting.My chicken was so dry
& I think they microwave the veg, The landlady was so rude,Never again.Try the oak around the corner ,your be better of.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mark d
“why We use the Plough”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Unlike the Macvie's experience I would like to say that my family and I have used the Plough for 20 years, I have seen 3 changes of Landlords, all have been good, but I have to say that John is one of the kindest men With a quick wit and gentle humour, His wife showed much kindness to my mother who had dementia, and we would visit the pub with her, Flo always took time to come out of the kitchen and make a fuss of her. I have never had a bad meal from there. I have never seen John talk to his customers rudely and as for him being in the public bar he probably was, collecting glasses, as he does not expect his staff to do any job he would not do himself.
I never hesitate to take friend to the Plough it has a great mix of young and old, If there is ever a delay with the food your are warned when you place your order, the fact that the pub is always busy is testament to the good quality of food, and service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank wendy W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pub food at it's best.”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My friends and I tried this quaint little pub in Ifield and have promised to return. The liver and bacon was fabulous as was the pasta. The people at the table next to us were having sausage and mash and it looked really nice. The service was prompt and the staff engaged in a constant stream of friendly banter with the customers, which made us feel very welcome. The barman (or possibly landlord) was very knowledgeable about the ales and we enjoyed sampling a few of them.
Overall, a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank claire M
“One of the worst pubs I have had the pleasure in eating in”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Went to this pub to eat with my family & three friends ,We sat down & waited ages for our food ,My steak & salad turns up with a large grey hair in the salad,My wife's food turned up cold , I asked to see the landlord of the premises ,the waitress told me if you want to see him he is in the public bar so I was so angry with the response of the staff I thought I would go & find him. When I finely found the landlord he was standing at the bar drinking & swearing at the top of his voice .I introduced myself as one of his customers that has just had a meal in his pub ,Mentioned the hair & the cold food & his reply was . (There is other pubs my family could eat in & laughed. Never again. DO NOT EVER GO & WAIST YOUR MONEY IN THIS PUB

• Visited June 2013