“Lovely old pub”

The Plough Inn
Ranked #58 of 262 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely old pub”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I came here for lunch and had a really good meal. Looking at some of the other reviews I am wondering if we are talking about the same place. The Plough is next to St Margaret's Church and is a small 'village' pub. My friend had been here before and recommended it .We were not disappointed.We had a very pleasant lunch in a lovely atmosphere.The landlady was friendly and welcoming,the food good and the whole experience well worth repeating. We will definitely go here again and will recommend it to friends.

• Visited November 2013

Horley, United Kingdom
“Catching up with friends.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We visited this pub with friends but was disappointed with the food. As a vegetarian I was looking forward to the cauliflower cheese bake but told that this was already off the menu at 8pm. Hence had the vegetarian stir fry which was very bland and also the chicken stir fry that was also ordered was very dry and bland as well. However the deserts we ordered stickey toffee pudding, spotted dick and chocolate fudge was excellent. The waitress was very grump and appeared very rude and at one stage suggested we should have have ordered two puddings instead when we mentioned how much we enjoyed the desert. Her mannerism was unpleasant and made me feel slightly uncomfortable...... It's a shame as we won't be going back..

• Visited October 2013
crawley sussex
“Birthday surprise”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband booked a meal for my birthday. When we arrived we found they had put a banner up to say Happy Birthday which I thought was a very nice gesture.we ordered our food and waited a little while for it to be cooked.I had ordered a chicken and leek pie which came out with FRESH veg and new potatoes, the pie had huge chunks of meat and excellent pastry.My husband had a burer which was enormous but very tasty.The service was friendly and the cost of the meals was very good. We have travelled all over the world and had meals in 5 star hotels but value for money and quality you would be hard pressed to find anywhere better than the Plough Ifield.

• Visited September 2013
“One of the worst pubs I have been to”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The food was cold ,Micrawave going of every five mins & the poor service with a really rude land lady . Never again
Save your money & stay at home

1 Thank Macvie
“fantastic pub and great people”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I had the duck it was beautiful- perfectly cooked and very tasty -my friend had the chicken and noodles she said it was also very good. -good selection of wine and one of the last places you can get a light n bitter-friendly staff and very clean .