Stayed here quite a few times over the years; its conveniently situated next to the Gatwick Airport (10 minute walk) and there is also a shuttle-bus (few £s).
Got a nice warm welcome upon arrival and the chap who checked me in was friendly and helpful.
My room was at the edge of the building and was almost triangular in shape; it was an Executive Upgrade room apparently. It was comfortable with sofa bed, comfy chair, King size bed and a wardrobe. It also featured an automatic coffee maker which did produce nice coffee but had a tendency to leak if it hadn't been sealed correctly. It was light and airy and the a/c worked well.
The arrival gift of "premium nuts" turned out to be a small packet of KP peanuts ;-)
There was a full-service restaurant but very few vegetarian options. Prices for room-service were as you might expect from an airport hotel. A bottle of the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc (NZ) was approx. £25 with the grilled 8oz Sirloin Steak approx. £20. Only vegetarian option was the cheese pizza :-(( at £10.95.
+ Warm reception upon arrival
+ Air conditioned rooms
+ Short walk to airport terminal
+ Full service restaurant
- Very, very, very slow internet speeds (almost unusable on the day)
- The automatic coffee machine in the room (tendency to leak everywhere if not sealed properly)
- Not many vegetarian meal options
- Cluttered desk featuring large screen TV, automatic coffee maker, telephone, electric kettle tray and supplies, and desk lamp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in at a contemporary hotel retreat near Gatwick Airport. The Courtyard by Marriott London Gatwick Airport offers convenient, modern rooms and suites with easy airport access. Relax on your king-sized bed, or watch television on your flat-screen satellite TV. Individual air-conditioning is offered in every room and suite at our hotel at Gatwick Airport, as are laptop safes, tea/coffee service and a dining table. Maintain your workout routine in our state-of-the-art fitness centre, with the latest cardiovascular equipment. And stop by our Casterbridge Grill, which offers the best steaks in the Gatwick Airport area. For informal dining, the hotel lounge and bar is open from 10:00 am to 11:30pm. In addition to being within walking distance of Gatwick's south terminal and a short (chargeable) shuttle ride to other terminals, the Courtyard by Marriott London Gatwick Airport is just 30 minutes away from Central London via the Gatwick Express Train service. Our hotel offers money-saving Park & Fly packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard London Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard West Sussex
- Courtyard London Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex