Courtyard London Gatwick Airport
US$168
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
2,712 results
All reviewscourtyard by marriottsouth terminalcar deliveredtwo double bedsmaple manor parkinggatwick airportten minute walkbus serviceparking servicecar parkan early flightnext morningholiday extrasparking packagemeet and greetrooms are comfortablebar and restaurant
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Rooms large and comfortable. Hotel is beautifully soundproofed - never heard a plane all the time we were there. Nice meal in their restaurant (I had the poussin and it was beautiful) wine a bit expensive. Car parking arrangements were very good and it's only a 10 minute stroll to departures.

Room Tip: I think they are all much the same
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the marriott here for 1 night with a colleague and whilst the room was ok the service and food quality in the restaurant left little to be desired. We both had the steak with béarnaise and it completely lacked flavour. I ate mine but my colleague only ate about half her meal. When asked if everything was ok by the waitress we told her that it was bland to receive the response of my manager and chef can't do anything about it as you've eaten half of it!! Terrible customer service. We also waited over 20 mins for our order to be taken and the waitress generally had attitude. I would stay here again however would not recommend eating!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Courtyard by marriott is a good hotel to go to if you have an early flight. We arrived about 9 o clock and is a quick check in. We dumped our bags in the room, then went to the restaurant for dinner which was good. Check out quick too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013

They are nice and close to the airport, it is an easy walk or take the shuttle. The rooms are large and clean. The restaurant is ok but servers spent their time talking to each other or on cell phones. The big draw back is they charge (a lot) for any internet access.
Had trouble with the door sticky, it took a lot of force to open.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I realise that I chose this as an overnight stopover prior to our early morning flight, but we may as well have stayed in the car.......! Very poor experience at reception, the lady at check-in was quite indifferent, robotic and obviously hated her job, or maybe just had a bad day...! Who knows! We were then passed on to check in our car separately, what a farce, two queues for the price of one....! This was no better, I think she was the receptionists mother.......... Asked where my car was in the car park, front or side ? Since we entered the hotel directly opposite my car, through the main door, I answered front outside the door............ The lady pushed a diagram under our noses and asked us to point out its location.......that's the side not the front was the indignant response.... Fair enough just proved what I already knew, she was more familiar with the hotel than my wife and I...... Bravo! The room was spacious, but a little chilly for my wife, so the theme continued, and following her visit to the lobby, she found that the vending machine was broken....... The hotel looked very nice, but was let down by the staff attitude, I'm afraid....... However our deal was excellent, maybe your reception is graded to the price paid...! Who knows, only pleased I hadn't paid the exorbitant room rate displayed behind the frosty reception desk.......!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple