“Horrible bed”

Courtyard by Marriott London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The rooms are updated but they missed the most important thing. The beds are extremely bad. Hard, you can feel the coils, no padding. They are as bad or worse then the beds in hostels. The good is that the bar and restaurant is good. Overall not worth the money, or uncomfort for the cost.

• Stayed: August 2014
Heinz S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear guest,

I am really sorry you did not like our bed and perhaps you let me know which room you stayed in for us to check it out. Our beds are supplied by the leading supplier to the UK hotel industry and we would like everybody to enjoy sleeping with us! Thank you for your positive feedback about our bar and restaurant.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

The location is good for the airport, however it is about a 15 - 20 min walk away and not the easiest to find in the dark with lots of luggage. The rooms are a good size and clean but the wifi is extra in the rooms which is a shame. The hotel does the job but no more than that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest.
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased you liked our room and the cleanliness. The hotel is 700 yards or 640 meters from the South Terminal and if walking is not an option there are taxi services and a shuttle bus running every 20 minutes.
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed here 1 night after our holiday abroad. Couldn't believe they charged £25 to park the car! Also, extra for wifi in the rooms, really??? This is pretty pathetic. I cannot remember the last time I stayed somewhere and you have to pay extra for wifi. Beds were very uncomfortable. We were on the ground floor and the security was not working so anyone could access our hallway.
The buffet breakfast was quite good. Lots of selection and well cooked.
The restaurant was disgusting, over priced and had terrible service. That is a review on it's own!
Would definitely look at the other hotels around Gatwick for next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that you felt you had reasons to complain. £25 for car parking is clearly advertised on our website and should not come as a surprise. This is very competitive compared to our competition. We also have the fasted internet of any local competitor and therefore apply a charge. I am sorry you did not find our staff friendly for dinner. The team normally get high praises and I am pleased you enjoyed breakfast.
Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here for just 1 night as I had an early flight the next morning to Geneva. Overall the hotel was very good. The location (If you do not have alot of luggage) is very convenient and only a short walk from the terminals. The only thing I could really fault about the property was the check-in time, which was roughly 10-15mins. WIFI was not complimentary but was fast. The place had a nice warm feel to it and I ate in the restaurant which had an ample selection of decent food, along with a well stocked bar. Price for the room was well worth it, had a comfortable bed, large bathroom and plenty of desk space to complete some late night work. The restaurant and bar were a little pricey, however I didn't really expect much else from an airport hotel!

If you are looking for a decent hotel for either a stop over or early flight I would defiantly recommend the Marriot!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jack D
Reviewed 22 August 2014

A decent property, with good helpful staff. A great location, good size rooms providing a good nights sleep. No aircraft noise, but a very expensive bar, so take your own drinks. The food was as you would expect, but reasonably priced. We used the parking option which worked well with the meet and greet on our return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is very conveniently located - within walking distance of the Terminal building. If you do not have a lot of luggage you can easily reach it walking! Rooms are clean, quiet - considering how close it is to the airport - and the service is great. You can have breakfast or an evening meal - aswell as room service - food is good - and I would defintely consider it again, when having to stay overnight at Gatwick airport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gudrun R
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was recently in London, and last minute had to book a hotel for night. I mistakenly booked via expedia on my smartphone for Wrong Night. When I arrived the Hotel Reception and reservations manager,couldn't be more helpful.. Booked me in at Best rate, advised me of procedure to cancel with Expedia ,accommodated my late checkout next day etc.
The icing on cake was when the Reservations Manager came over to me in Lobby next morning and asked & advised me to do it if I had not cancelled booking with expedia. When I called them she spoke with them, to ensure there was no charges incurred for cancellation. Don't get taxi from airport, its walking distance but 10£ by taxi. Shuttle bus is 3£.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo