“Quiet, comfy - a sanctuary from the hubbub”

Alexander House Utopia Spa
Holt, Norfolk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quiet, comfy - a sanctuary from the hubbub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I only stayed one night en route to meetings and had asked for a quiet room as I needed a good rest after a long drive. I had a refurbished room in the main house tucked up in the eves. It was wonderfully quiet and despite being a hot day, the room was cool and well ventilated for a room under the roof. I ordered room service, which came promptly and was very tasty. The bed was very comfortable and consequently I had a great night's sleep leaving me ready for my early start the next day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lindfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Totally pampered - Caron S”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Beautiful setting. From the moment myself and my daughter stepped out of the car to the moment we left, the staff were amazingly attentive and attended to our every need. Room cosy, fabulous bathroom, beds lovely and comfy. We loved the Spa facilities particularly the outdoor hot tub in the pouring rain, exhilarating! Our treatments by the very friendly and approachable staff left us feeling totally pampered. Food great too. Hope to go back soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Day Spa Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The total spa experience was superb - from booking in at the spa reception, the use of the facilities, to the 1.5 hour full body massage - WOW - then there was lunch (which was included in our price) . Lunch was of a high quality flavour and presentation and the ambiance was so relaxing. Highly recommend a spa day out at Alexander House

Surrey, UK
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Expected better..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Having booked a two person spa day to treat my hard working doctor best friend, my hopes and expectations were high. Despite having paid almost £400, I was told I had got a 'special offer' when I called to confirm treatment times.

Our welcome was pleasant enough and treatment times flexed as we arrived a little later than expected. We joined an LBT class, which was excellent and really put us through our paces!

The 55 min massage I had and 55 min facial for my friend were excellent and we felt v pampered. The other two 25 min treatments felt rushed and perfunctory, however.

And lunch was an unpleasant affair. Poor service, slimy lettuce and croutons passing as a Caesar Salad as Parmesan cheese offered not veggie and no other veggie equivalent. I asked if I could have some tomatoes to liven up my plate of lettuce, to be told I'd 'not paid for tomatoes'!! A very poor show, which took the shine off the day.

I did write to hotel management and received a pleasant enough reply, however we'll take our custom and money elsewhere in future, somewhere like Nutfield Priory, with better service and, presumably, free tomatoes!!! I'd urge other spa dayers to do the same.

“From arrival to departure..... Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was a surprise trip to celebrate my wife's birthday. On arrival we were greeted by a member of staff who was polite, very well presented and friendly. This was replicated though out our stay. We were made most welcome from booking in to leaving. The spa facilities were amazing. Subtle lighting, spotlessly clean with a relaxed atmosphere. We ate at the reflections restaurant and could not fault it. The food was delicious. We stayed in one of the classic rooms and could not believe how lovely and spacious it was.
We would recommend staying at The Alexander House Hotel without question and very much look forward to visiting again.
Book it you will not regret it!