“And it's an excellent from us!”

Windfalls Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Crawley B&B and Inns
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“And it's an excellent from us!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

What more can one add to every comment already made? Quite simply if you want tranquility, exquisite features in every room, attention to detail throughout and the consideration shown to their quests with respect to their privacy and well-being then Windfalls is your perfect answer.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
sharmain
Reviewed 8 July 2012

we stayed here for 1 night before we flew of to get married in the sun we left the car there for 11 nights.. easy to find, price was reasonable, welcomed but not over friendly had to carry heavy suitcase up stairs not easy. The room was rather small we were on top floor bath room was amazing huge deep bath wonderful. i understand their is a tv / downstair room for guest we weren't shown this. we went out for dinner and the own sorted as a cab for the morning. will diff stay again.

Room Tip: rooms downstairs are bigger so spent the extra if these are free they werent when we booked. owns l...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed at the windfalls for one night for my husbands 30th, I told margaretia this was a special occasion and she made a birthday cake for him. This was the most relaxing hotel I have ever stayed in, the service was outstanding. Breakfast was freshly made in the morning, with toast and fresh fruit along side, again this was to a very high service. Our room was fantastic, clean and comfortable we had a bottle of cava on ice for arrival. No children at this hotel which makes it even more peaceful and relaxing

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Colchester
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed at Windfalls for 1 night in June 2012, as a birthday treat for my wife. We had a fabulous time - this place really is the perfect romantic retreat.
From the moment we entered the hotel, it felt like we were in an exclusive spa. The interior decoration and whole ambience of the place is amazing - Margarita the owner has done a wonderful job of designing the hotel. We were given afternoon tea with homemade cakes on arrival, which was delicious.
We stayed in the Lotus room, which was on the ground floor, the room was gorgeous, with a huge four poster bed, which was one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in! The bathroom was also lovely, with an amazing rainfall shower. The room was very quiet at night and dark, so we had a great nights sleep. In the evening, we asked Margarita for a bottle of wine, which was in our room with 2 glasses when we got back from our evening meal and was very good quality.
Breakfast was delicious - made to order and we had the dining room to ourselves.
Overall we had the most relaxing time - we were made to feel really welcome but also it felt very private and romantic. Thank you for a lovely stay and we hope to have an excuse to return very soon!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is one of the most delightful experiences I've ever had.
I had not heard of this hotel before, but this was because it's only been open two years. It's very convenient, close to the Three Bridges station and within walking distance of a great pub, The Hillside Inn.
I reserved very last minute and was happy to hear quickly from the owner, Margarita, who is charming and one of the kindest hosts ever. I wasn't feeling well, and she made sure she had breakfast for me, even though it was served at 2pm. She checked on me again in the evening and had made dinner for me as well.
The hotel is absolutely gorgeous - unexpected neutral Zen luxury.
I would recommend this wonderful spot to anyone, especially couples, since it is terribly romantic.

Room Tip: Any room here would be delightful.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I spent the beginning of our honeymoon at Windfalls and it was amazing! Margarita was so gracious and gave us a lovely evening tea with scones when we arrived after a very busy wedding day! The hotel is stunning, our room was beautiful and felt very romantic! The bed was so comfortable! It was a perfect location for us as we were headed to Gatwick airport the next day to continue our honeymoon. We enjoyed a full english breakfast in the morning - it was delicious! We highly, highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: All the rooms are stunning - we stayed in the Orchid room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lizzie H
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed only one night but was completely enchanted by the property and its owner, Margarita. It is no surprise that many reviews mention her personally as she is a huge part of why one loves this experience. She is very gracious and charming, but not at all the hovering hostess. I arrived in a heavy rain and was immediately ushered to my room. She provided me with a sandwich and two beers for 10 GPB.
The room I had was Orchid and it is really lovely. Margarita has decorated her establishment with an eye to creating a calming and very serene environment. It may seem odd to remark on this, but the whole house smelled wonderful without being cloying or overwhelming. She has a beautiful touch and a real appreciation for making it a good experience for her guests.
My flight was fairly early and she arranged a crossiant, cereal, juice, coffee and toast breakfast for me.
The train from Victoria cost 14 GPB and one should expect to pay 5 GPB for the cab to the property. Do not walk, it is uphill and traffic is quite heavy. My cab ride to the airport cost roughly 11 GPB so staying close to the airport is not a real price saving unless you have a car. I ended up leaving the hotel at about the same time as I would have left the Victoria station so it is not really a savings in time either. However, it is a beautiful property well managed and designed for comfort, the perfect finish to a holiday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cmcfong
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Sofitel London Gatwick
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley

Been to Windfalls Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!