“Calm, serene and plush....ahhhhh!”

Windfalls Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Crawley B&B and Inns
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Calm, serene and plush....ahhhhh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2010

Windfalls was the best part of our move back to the US. We stayed here to visit friends in London and then to go onto Southampton for the QM2 cruise. The location was perfect for this as it would be for a quiet weekend away I imagine. Our hosts, Laurence and Alison, were so hospitable and warm. Laurence, btw, makes a great and proper English breakfast for the asking. We were so welcomed and had such a great stay. The beds were comfy and the rooms quiet with fabulous bathrooms and lush bedding. We could not have asked for a more perfect place to rest.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
West Malling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

We have just got back from the most luxurious Boutique Hotel ever! I am a very hard Lady to please, me & my Hubby Love perfection & everything about this Place was perfect! It just oozes style from the moment you walk through the door. The Owners are Lovely & made us feel very welcome. The Room was tranquil & calming, we were so relaxed that we didnt want to leave for dinner! We had such a relaxed sleep that we found it hard to get out of Bed the next morning!! There is never a bed as comfortable as your own at Home but believe me....... this one was & more! Breakfast was Lovely & we were truly taken care of. I could go on but it would almost sound like I've been paid to do so ;-) It really is a must for anyone wanting quiet relaxing "Together time".

A Big Thankyou to Alison & Laurence for such a Lovely stay! We would recommend this Hotel to everyone!! Well..... everyone with taste, style & standards!

Nikki & Phil Pinkney (East Sussex) xx

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Horley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

I stayed at Windfalls the night before my wedding with my Bridsmaids and the night after my wedding with my husband.

I arrived somewhat stressed the day before my wedding and was treated to an absolute oasis of calm and a cream tea! Both of which were really welcome. Alison had bought us DVD's to watch in the evening which was a lovely touch.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful I just can't praise it highly enough and Alison and Lawrence add those personal touches that take it out of the ordinary and into the realms of a very special experience. My two married bridesmaids want to bring their husbands back for a treat.

The hotel has three amazing rooms, each with four poster beds, PS3's and even GHD's for us girlies. Nothing is too much trouble for Alison and all you have to do is ask.

Breakfast was absolutely delicious and really set me up for the big day, When we got back there was a card and a bottle of bubbly for us just another of those lovely touches that make this hotel so special.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone for the ultimate in relaxation in surroundings that basically amount to a work of art!

• Stayed June 2010
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

Alison and Lawrence proved the perfect hosts for our short stay..a real secret hideaway very conveniently located for the South Coast and Gatwick airport.
Great room,great breakfast ...we really hope we can check in again very soon!

Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

If you're fed up of hotels that provide you with a room with mediocre decor and want somewhere that is stunning, luxurious and calming with service that is both friendly and excellent, then this is definitely the place to come. The owners will happily book a taxi for you for going for a meal. It's surrounded by pretty countryside. The other guests who were there raved as much as we did about the place. It'll also give you inspiration if you're looking to redecorate your house. You'll find the hotel in a country lane and don't be put off by the fact that there isn't a picture of it currently on the website. The building has been well decorated and the front door reflects the style that awaits you. This was a great way to spend our 21st wedding anniversary. It is stylish and romantic and the cooked breakfast was devine. This hotel will suit anyone who is looking for somewhere to chill and enjoy the decor and ambience. Whilst I can imagine honeymooners staying here on the way to Gatwick enroute to an exotic holiday, I can just as easily imagine people staying here coming from locally to pamper themselves or from further afield and using this to explore all that Sussex has to offer. This place was a real find and I hope we'll return.

1 Thank Kate_Hamilton
Crawley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

Having been whisked away by my lover to escape and just press the 'pause button' on life and have some quality time for 24 hrs Windfalls exceeds all and every expectation of a peaceful, tranquil sanctuary away from thoughts, pressures and hassles of life.

I am not going to wait for a birthday or anniversary to go back - no excuse necessary - I will be going back as soon as possible.

Alison and Lawrence have attended to every detail in creating a peaceful, luxurious and indulgent experience that, I promise you, you will never forget.

I've just driven home in a daze of relaxation and calm and I can't wait to go back. Thank you both - a truly gorgeous experience. Go and experience it for yourself.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Windfalls. On arriving Lawrence, one of the owner, was extremely welcoming and attentive. He booked for us a gastropub for dinner and a cab (and the dinner was delicious!). Our room was lovely, bed absolutely heavenly, room very very comfortable. The following morning the full English breakfast was really really nice and after that we spent the day walking around, relaxing in our room and in the wonderful lounge. We also had tea with scones while chatting with Alison, the other owner, who is absolutely charming and a pleasure to talk to. When it was time to say good bye to A. and L it felt like we have been visiting friends. We would definitely stay there again! And would definetely recommend it to anyone who wants a luxury break in a peaceful ambience!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,538 reviews
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick

Been to Windfalls Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!