“Much better than expected, excellent value for money !”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
French in the UK
“Much better than expected, excellent value for money !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

We booked three rooms at the Premier Inn for one night just the day before our flight.
It is litterally 10-15 min from the airport, quite isolated in a business park, but having paid only £29 for one room, we were not expecting much from this...
We were totally wrong ! The standards were very impressive in terms of cleanliness, accommodation, and service.
But most importantly, we had booked a package airport parking + room (2 weeks + one night at the hotel, one room for 2 adults + 2 kids, one room for 2 adults). It only cost £120 per family.
We initially thought we were going to park somewhere by the airport but it was in fact a valet parking !! We left and collected the car at the terminal (drop off area) !! Very impressive ! (If you want to check, the package is with help-me-park.co.uk).
Well, the combination room (already excellent) + valet parking was very impressive, I can't recommend it more !

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManagerGMRPI, General Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal following your recent stay.

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and that you were impressed with the cleanliness, accommodation and service. Our park and fly packages are great value money and again we are really pleased you enjoyed the excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn soon!

Stephen Clayton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

had a fantastic 2 night stay can not fault a thing staff were very polite helpful and friendly,room was perfect clean and comfortable and the food was superb,thankyou very much i shall return in the near future...Thankyou mr J fagence.

1 Thank netbusta
Dear Mr Fagence

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and really appreciate the feedback. Your comments are a real source of motivation for the team who work really hard to ensure every Guest has a fantastic experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Brilliant hotel was not what we expected at all after only paying 29 pound. Staff were A class always happy to help. Rooms were clean and bed were soft and fresh.pillows well I wanna know where I can buy them never had such a good nights sleep.breakfast was fab too the Buffett was all you can eat and very good for the price. Highly recommend this hotel and will be back when in the gatwick area.

• Stayed July 2011

The team and I are delighted you enjoyed your visit and really appreciate your comments and feedback. If you would like to contact me by email at stephen.clayton@whitbread.com I will be happy to provide you with the information about our pillow supplier.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Clean, modern with comfortable beds. Excellent choice of TV channels. I have already booked another stay at a Premier Inn in Bournemouth. I could have got cheaper B&B accommodation but chose to pay slightly more to guarentee a good standard of hotel room. Would highly recommend Premier Inn over any other budget accommodation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
GeneralManagerGMRPI, General Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal. The team and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Enjoy your visit to our Bournemouth Premier Inn and I hope you have great weather!

Kind regards,

stepaway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Check-in was very smooth but on arrival to the room it smelt very strongly of smoke. The window had been left open so the cleaning staff must have recognised the problem. I went back to reception and explained that I would like a different room as I was 5 months pregnant and the smell made me feel quite ill. If I hadn’t of been pregnant I am not even sure I could have put up with it as I didn’t want all our holiday clothes to pick up the scent of smoke. They did move us without much trouble though so I was happy.

After this we headed to the bar and paid for some drink. At this point I spent a few pounds on the quiz machine. Feeling very pleased with myself I won £8.00 back but the machine refused to pay up. After much discussion with the staff and looks of “Are you really that bothered” they agreed to ask the machine operator to come out and fix it as there was nothing they could do. The bored looking manager promised to give me my winnings as soon as they had visited “as long as you are still staying here” and took no personal details in writing, just attempted to memorise my name and room number. They didn’t even put a sign on the machine for other guests and as I suspected I didn’t get my money.
Dinner was painfully slow to arrive and the food was very expensive considering how bland and luke warm it was. We ate in the bar so maybe if you have dinner in the restaurant things would be better.

The room was clean and the mattress quite hard but for the price you pay I think it’s reasonable. Only a short stop to the airport which almost made up for the miserable looking staff and the other issues we experienced.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank stepaway
Thank you for your honest feedback following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay and I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your comments further and arrange a full refund under our Good Night Guarantee.

Here at Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal we strive to deliver a great experience for all of our Guest’s and on this occasion I am sorry that we have not lived up to the usual high standards. I do hope you take the opportunity to contact me on the details below so I can arrange a full refund of your stay.

Yours sincerely

E stephen.clayton@whitbread.com
D 01293 819126
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

newer premier inn, reasonably clean and in good shape overall. Make sure you do not get room over front entrance, this is smokers congregate and the smoke makes it way into the rooms above even with the windows closed. got it for 29 pounds on a sunday night great price.

1 Thank oldrunner58
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

imaculate and clean very helpful sfaff,good restaraunt and best of all
to get a special £29.00 deal.Great start and hassle free to our holiday.
Geoff and Kathy Denmead hants;

Room Tip: when booking on line follow up with phone call and get staffs name who you speak to.