“great hotel stay 9th October - 11th October 2011”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
england
“great hotel stay 9th October - 11th October 2011”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stopped here for 2 nights (well slept there one night, I booked the room for 2 so we could stay in the room until our evening flight) Booking on line was easy, booked months ahead so got a good rate.

We caught the no 10 bus from the airport that stops just up the road from the hotel that comes every 10 minutes, (no 100 picks you up outside the hotel every 20 minutes I think)

We were booked in very quick, soon realised that our room was a disabled room, when I mentioned it to the receptionist later she said they were fully booked, but I said that I think they should tell you that they have put you in a disabled room when you book in. I didn't like the bathroom at all. We are stopping again in March, and asked that they put a note that we don't want to be put in one next time, and if thats the case I would rather go some where else. I couldn't understand why we were put in there when we booked months, if not a year before.

We purchased the breakfast/evening meal deal. Waitress in the evening was very nice, asking us all the time if things were okay. We ordered rump steak which weren't that nice and when she asked we told her that, and she said sorry, but it sometimes happened and that the hotel wasn't to blame it was the fault of the suppliers, which I thought was a bit lame.
The waitress at breakfast was lovely and the breakfast was very nice too.

Room other than being a disabled room was clean, and quite, we had no noise at all during the night.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them when you book you don't want a disabled room. Everything is geared for s...
2 Thank sulby
GeneralManagerGMRPI, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and encountered such great service from the Team.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the Room you stayed in. We do try as best we can to allocate our non-Disabled Rooms to people who have not specifically requested a Disabled Room. If you ever wish to stay in a specific Room, or have any other inquiries previous to your stay, please do feel free to contact our 24 hour Reception Team who will endeavour to accede to every request where possible.

Pawel Sleczka
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Nice quiet comfy room with all basic amenities as needed.
Two reasons not to give an 'excellent' rating....
1. Room, as I always find in UK hotels, was too hot and air con just not up to the job of actually cooling the room. It blows air and the fan makes a noise but the temperature never actually falls below stifling. Of course if you could open the bloomin' windows this would help but health and safety won't let you do that!!

2. No shaver socket in the bathroom! I just fully expected there to be one as I had always seen one in every other hotel room I have ever been in over the years and I use them for my electric toothbrush charger. This is a minor issue and because we liked the hotel, staff, service etc so much it didnt spoil my stay. In fact we went on to stay in another premier inn for another 2 nights and they had one so luckily I was able to clean my teeth knowing I could re-charge at my leisure!

The very nice unexpected surprise was the Thyme restaurant on site. This was of unexpected comfort and decor and the food was good and of a high quality. I would defiantely eat in if the hotel had one of these each stay.

1 Thank Debbiharryson h
UK
Reviewed 31 October 2011

As usual we werent let down in any way by our stay at a Premier Inn. I phoned in advance to ask about the parking package and the response was very helpful. We arrived at about 2300hrs and were warmly greeted. Check in was efficient and quick and we were settled in our room very quickly. Beds were great, bathroom was fine, room temp comfortable. No noise despite being 5 minutes from the airport. Premier Inn really have a great product and i certainly would always recommend them for price convenience and service. My only complaint and its a very small one is that there doesnt appear to be any kind of loyalty scheme. We use Premier Inns 6-8 times a year and it would be nice to receive some perks for this loyalty. Cant comment on the bar this time as we didnt use it but it looked clean, lively and well run.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank martin f
GeneralManagerGMRPI, General Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2011

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that we confirmed your high opinion of Premier Inn. Your kind words have been fed back to the Team and are a real source of motivation to everyone here at Gatwick Manor Royal.

Whilst we don't have a customer loyalty scheme at this moment, please do check the Premier Inn website for any of the regular special offers we provide.

London
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Superb hotel, spotless clean, food great and excellent value for money.

1 Thank Londonstevo
GeneralManagerGMRPI, General Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2011

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words are appreciated by everyone here at Gatwick Manor Royal.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Many Thanks

Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have never used premier before as we always seem to navigate to another chain.

But we were impressed by the all round quality of our short stay.

The staff were absolutely top notch with regards to service and the breakfast was something to die for !!!!!!

Room Tip: Simply book in !!
1 Thank Paul H
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal following your stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and that you enjoyed our great value Premier Breakfast. I must also thank you for your kind feedback on the Team. I hope the standard of service you encountered during your short stay has convinced you to use Premier Inn again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We were only here for a few hours before catching an early morning flight, but it was a very relaxing stay, after a horrible journey stuck on the M25!

The entrance is bright and modern. It is like walking into a luxury hotel, with a trendy restaurant/bar to one side of the reception.

We checked-in in about 1 minute and that was it. No fussing about with car registration numbers/passport numbers etc!

The room was set up perfectly for us. They had made up 2 kids beds all ready and also provided a cot.

Only downside, we had to check-out in the early hours for our flight so we missed their super breakfast.

Would definately recommend. Thank You Premier Inn!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bubbles227

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Room to be set up just right for you. We are honoured that you so kindly liken Gatwick Manor Royal to a 'luxury hotel'.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future so you can enjoy one of our great value Premier Breakfasts.

High Wycombe
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This hotel is excellent, we have just had our 3rd stay before flying from Gatwick on holiday. Rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The restaurant serves lovely meals at reasonable prices. Its not far to either of the terminals. Very impressed, keep up the good standards Premier Inn!

1 Thank Elizabeth526
GeneralManagerGMRPI, General Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2011

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly intend to maintain the standards you encountered on your visit. I do hope we get the chance to impress you again in the near future.