“premier manor royal at gatwick”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
houston
“premier manor royal at gatwick”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Very nice hotel and so convenient to Gatwick Airport. Hotel staff were very friendly and professional. We ate dinner at the restaurant and it was very good and very reasonable. Great place to stay for an early flight out of Gatwick

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that we managed to provide a pleasant stopover before your morning flight.

We all hope you had a great time away and that you'll stay with us again if you fly from Gatwick Airport.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Camberley
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a pretty standard Premier Inn on a technology/industrial park near Gatwick. It clearly caters for the airport trade, and who goes to Crawley for a holiday? Not much wrong with it, but it is so geared up for quick check ins and check outs that I felt I didn't have time to even look around reception before I was grabbed by a staff member and checked in (eventually, needless to say they couldn't find my details and had my first name wrong despite on line reservation) at a one man computer terminal. Foine, but I'd prefer a proper check in desk.at least as an alternative.

The room was too cold (think the thermostat was set to 20 degrees) Turned it up to 22, but it took forever to get even a bit warmer. Bunged it in 26 and by the time I went to bed it was just about comfortable - by which I mean it had struggked up to about 22.

Room lighting was awful. All LED lighting, but too dim and directional to read a book in bed. This and the heating resumably Premier Inn demonstrating their green credentials, but please note the heating still has to heat and the lighting has to light!

Very little in the room. TV had some scrambed premier channels (Sky Sports for example), but no information on how to view them. Soap dispensers in the bathroom, but no other supplies - fair enough at the price, I suppose. Turning the tap on full in the hand basin results in a free trouser wash thanks to the design of the basin, not very smart.

No room service, and not prepared to pay dinner prices, so went to Tesco and bought a sandwich. Breakfast welcome was ok, but all self-service. Fried eggs overdone, sausages not very nice, but not much different from the other budget chains. Annoyed that three different staff tried to be my "breakfast friend". I don't really want anyone asking me if I had a great night, wanting to know where I'm going next or what I am doing in Crawley, let alone three of them. Waitress wandered around for five minutes with hot croissant asking everyone "Did you ask for this?" and making a joke of it. When she eventually found the French guy who had asked for it, there was no apology.

So overall pretty standard fare, perfectly tolerable and good value for Gatwick travellers, but don't think its other than a budget chain offering.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

I am pleased that on balance you seem to have had a pleasant stay with us and found the Hotel to provide good value for money.

I must apologise for the problems you encountered with your Room. Your feedback on these is much appreciated and is definitely something we can look to address. Please remember that with 24 Reception service, you are always able to contact someone regarding any problem you encounter during your stay. I am also sorry that your experience of breakfast wasn't an overly positive one. Again, this is something we will look to address and any future visit will hopefully prove that we have taken on board what you have said.

England
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night before a flight to Jamaica. The room was large, clean bright and the beds and pillows very comfortable. We ate from the £22 meal deal menu for dinner and the food was very good. After a wonderful nights sleep we ate breakfast and were very pleased with the food choice.

We have stayed in a number of Premier Inn's up and down the country and this has got to be the best. I would recommend this to any of my friends and colleagues in an instant. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I feel honoured that you would so readily recommend us to friends and colleagues alike. I am also pleased that you had such a great experience in our great value Thyme Restaurant.

We all hope you had a wonderful time in Jamaica and hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal just exceeds any expectations from a budget hotel. The hotel is very clean, the staff are very helpful and very friendly, and there are plenty of parking spaces available. It was also my first time to use an automated check-in system. It was so easy to use and absolutely hassle-free. The room was spotless, with a nice single bed provided for our 11 year old son. For £50 per night, Premier Inn definitely proves to be outstanding value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2012

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and your check-in was so easy and straightforward. That we exceeded your expectations is extremely gratifying; we feel we can exceed the service levels of Hotels that are twice the price of Gatwick Manor Royal and that is down purely to the dedication and hard work of the Team.

Your kind words are a great motivation for everyone here to maintain such high standards.

Essex
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights this time over the Easter Weekend, whereas last year we only stayed for one night. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming and make you feel at home. We drove down on Good Friday and the girls on the reception staff had already checked us in when we arrived we were given the key to our room, but it wasn't facing the airport so they quickly rectified the problem for us and gave us an airport facing room. Our beds were comfortable and we slept well. On Saturday we ate breakfast in the restaurant which was delicious. We had a meal deal and breakfast on Saturday night/Sunday morning which was good value for money too. We enjoyed our stay and are now planning our next trip to stay at the Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, especially as we appear to have maintained the great impression you already had from your previous stay. The passion of your Review is the greatest possible tribute to the work we do here at Gatwick Manor Royal and the fact that you're so keen to return is truly humbling.

I sincerely hope we continue to provide you with great experiences and we all look forward to your return here.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Premier Inn Airport parking with overnite stay and grab and go breakfast in the morning prior to dropping cars off at short stay carpark where the drivers from Help me Park.co.uk took our cars. Great room , good nights sleep, excellant breakfast, helpful staff and carpark pickup was timely and smooth.Price was also very competitive and cheaper than my usual airport parking / hotel package

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard B
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2012

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our Park and Fly package to be such great value and so straightforward and convenient.

I am pleased that your experience of the Hotel was such a positive one and I hope we have convinced you to return the next time you fly from Gatwick Airport.

england
Reviewed 29 March 2012

2nd visit, we received a great welcome from the receptionist, Room was lovely, I asked that we weren't given a disabled room this time and we weren't. Very clean. Had a meal in the evening there, was okay, would probably go else where if there was somewhere close. Breakfast was lovely. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would stop there again if we were flying from gatwick.

Don't know who does the staff training but they are all very good.

Room Tip: Make sure you let them know that you don't want to be given a disabled room when you book, or ri...