“ok for a budget overnight stay”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Stevenage
“ok for a budget overnight stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Rooms clean, comfortable and functional and good value for an overnight stay - beware you cannot leave your car here if flying out of Gatwick, something we were mislead by when making the booking. The restaurant was good, slightly expensive but nice food and friendly staff. the big negative for me was there is only half an hour free WIFI access, which was extremely slow and kept dropping out (how convenient?!) then you have to pay...something I think is really unnecessary nowdays.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am pleased you found your Room to be clean and comfortable and that your stay was good value overall.

Please accept my apologies that you encountered such problems with your wi-fi access. This is an issue that we experience rarely at the Hotel but when it does occur it is understandably very frustrating.

I am highly concerned that you were given misleading information about your parking arrangements when you made the booking. It would be most helpful if you could contact me to explain the situation; if you wish to do so please call 01293819120 or email operationsmanager.gatwickmanorroyal@whitbread.com.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Myself, husband and 14 year old daughter stayed one night before Christmas holiday, nice spacious room and bathroom, comfortable beds and excellent food in restaurant. Unfortunately long wait for food as big group in but well worth the wait. Staff friendly and very helpful, we were catching bus following morning to airport, bus stop outside hotel, staff advised our particular bus had issues and ordered us a taxi - great hassle free hotel

• Stayed December 2012
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2013

I am delighted you found Gatwick Manor Royal to be such a great stopover prior to your morning flight. I am especially pleased that the Team were so friendly and helped relieve your pre-holiday stress.

West Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

An excellent place to stop-over prior to our flight from Gatwick the next day.Very comfy bed & clean well presented rooms.Ample free parking too & helpful friendly staff. An added bonus was that it was also super value! What more could we ask for!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so clean and well presented. I'm delighted that you felt we provided such great value for money and I hope you will consider us should you fly from Gatwick Airport again.

Kind Regards

Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

It is possible to spend quite a lot of money on a hotel at, or near Gatwick Airport. This is not the closest, but, after two stays in the past two months, it is, in my opinion, hard to beat.
All the staff, without exception were helpful, and friendly, even greeting us on our second stay, with a "Welcome back"!
Rooms are fine, quiet, light, and warm(November & January), but not too warm for sleeping.
Keep you toiletries handy, as the rooms only supply soap (no shampoo, bath gel etc.).They do have a hairdryer, and the mirror/light by the wardrobe, is excellent. This is England, - no sockets for hairdryers in the bathroom!
The beds are very comfortable, and the Tea/Coffee making tray, very welcome.
Darren was a big help, when, on our outward journey, we had problems printing our Boarding passes.
He had everything waiting for us, when we went to breakfast the next morning. There is a printer, and normally things like adding baggage, or checking in, can be printed out immediately.Thanks for the help Darren, and the warm welcome on our return from holiday.
We wanted to do a little shopping in Crawley, and had a list of where we wanted to go. Deepali was very quick to help, and we soon had directions, and an inexpensive taxi organised. Another big "Thank you"
We booked the "Package", which included Dinner, and Breakfast, check to be sure you will not have to leave for the Airport, before breakfast starts. Dinner is very good, and the Thyme Restaurant is laid out in a design that, unlike many, does not give you the feeling of eating in large, open room, rather, a small Bistro. Not important if the food is awful! But here, the food, and choice are really good. Staying twice, meant we were able to try quite a few items, all very good, with very attentive service.
A three course Dinner, and a hot, and cold Buffet Breakfast ! Amazing for the price.
I never went on a lovely holiday before, where the stay overnight at an airport hotel would be something I looked forward to, as part of the holiday. Great staff, obviously with good management.
This is not the most expensive hotel, by far, but it is, I believe way up there with the best.

2 Thank TravelBean024

What a genuine pleasure it is to read such a positive and enthusiastic Review. I am absolutely delighted that both of your stays were such wonderful experiences. That you would look forward to an overnight stay here as a part of your holiday is about the highest compliment you could possibly pay us. Such kind comments as yours will only serve to motivate the Team to maintain the high standards you encountered and I hope this is evident should you return.

Akureyri, Iceland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I didn't realise when I booked that there are more than one Premier-Inns at Gatwick airport so I first went to the wrong hotel and was not very happy when informed that I was booked at a different Premier-Inn and that it was ten minutes drive away. The staff suggested I take a taxi but I decided to try my luck with the local buss services and it turned out to be very easy to take the bus from the terminal and to Premier-Inn Royal Manor. The bus took less than ten minutes and the Royal Manor manor version of Premier-Inn looked in every respect nicer than the one right outside the terminal. The staff were friendly and the room was nice. I had to catch an early flight so I didn't try out the breakfast so I can't comment on that. Having to spend a night at Gatwick in the future I would definitely choose this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the Team to be so friendly. It is an honour for us that you would definitely choose to stay at Gatwick Manor Royal should you fly from Gatwick Airport again and we all look forward to welcoming you back in that event.

Kind Regards

Grimbergen, Brabant, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

Good hotel , rooms were very clean and tidy .
Restaurant offer a nice varyity of foods at reasonable prices all well prepared and fresh, nice and cossy bar for a evening drink .
Further staff is verry friendly and helpfull.
Will certainly come back
thx for the service mr tiago

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the building are less subject to the street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and encountered such friendly and helpful Team members. I am especially delighted that you found our Thyme Restaurant and Bar to be so comfortable and such good value.

Dorset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Excellent value, good position, friendly staff, very nice, quiet, clean room, free parking and a good meal in the restaurant. What more could you ask for from an airport hotel. It meets all my criteria for an overnight stay before flying. We will certainly return.

1 Thank PebsDorset
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2013

I am absolutely delighted that we ticked all of your boxes as far as Airport Hotels are concerned. I am so pleased that you will definitely look to return to Gatwick Manor Royal; everyone here looks forward to welcoming you back.