“Excellent value for money”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight, it was easy to get to by either the hotels shuttle bus or the local bus which is cheaper. The hotel is what you would expect from the Premier inn and with it being relatively new it wasn't tatty. We paid £33 through their own site which is great for 2 people and as it was only for the one night it it was ideal. We would recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Heather S
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found Gatwick Manor Royal to be such a convenient stopover before your early morning flight. It is such a lovely compliment that you would recommend us and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back sometime.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,704)

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We booked the Premier Inn Gatwick the night before the flight. Took a meal in the Thyme Restaurant and Bar. Really good meal with an excellent wine offer of the month served by Konrad.
Good food with excellent service and way above what I had expected from a Premier Inn.

1  Thank SeniorRelaxers

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. It's great that your experience in our great value Thyme Restaurant was such a memorable one and I'm so pleased that the evening exceeded your expectations.

I hope we get the chance to do so again.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Gatwick Manor is one of the best Premier Inn hotels but, to my mind, it has one unfortunate shortcoming - in the bathroom. The edge of the bath is high and there is a marked lack of handles for the infirm and the elderly to depend on to get under the shower. In fact,, it is quite possible that some of their more able-bodied guests wouldn't be able to make it.

1  Thank aprildorset

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and consider Gatwick Manor Royal to be among the best Premier Inns you've visited.

Please accept my apologies for any problems you had using your bathroom. Most Premier Inns have specially adapted rooms for customers with disabilities. For any future stays please do not hesitate in contacting our 24 hour Reception to request that we allocate you one of these Rooms and we will do so whenever possible.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I stopped here just after Christmas, and managed to book my room during a Premier Inn sale at a price of £19, so I was already pretty pleased before I even got there!

The location is great - very convenient for Gatwick South Terminal. Parking was plentiful and easy and the hotel itself very clean and modern.

Our room was spotlessly clean and appeared new with no signs of wear and tear whatsoever. The bed was extremely comfortable also, with a choice of pillows. Little touches like real milk for coffee and coat pegs to hang your coat on are nice additions.

You can eat in either the bar or the more formal restaurant. We chose the restaurant as the bar was almost empty and I believe it is the same menu anyway. Food was good, if a little expensive, and the staff were very nice. The waitress did get our (very simple) order wrong but was so nice and quick at rectifying her mistake that it was no problem at all.

I wouldn't hesitate to stop here again - sadly I won't be able to as my flight out of LGW is being discontinued (Stupid US Airways). Fingers crossed the Premier Inns at Heathrow are as nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so clean and well appointed. I am also pleased that you found our location to be so convenient and the free overnight parking so easy and straightforward.

I am sure you will find the same excellent standards at any other Premier Inn you choose to stay in and I hope you'll stay with us should you need to fly from Gatwick Airport again.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

We booked a night, breakfast and car park for a week. great deal, about £75 . Room was very clean, fresh white bed linen and towels and well equipped. We had a late dinner, 2 courses for £20 each and a bottle of red for £13 very good value. Lovely waiter from Madeira who was delightful. Breakfast was extensive and of good quality, fast service, great freshly made porridge.
Drive to car park took 5 minutes, we have parked at Gatwick South Long Stay before so no problems here.
I will definately use again .

1  Thank VACrawford

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found great value Sleep Park Fly package to be so easy and straightforward. I am especially pleased that your experiences in our Thyme Restaurant were so great.

It's great that you would definitely choose to stay here again and I hope your next visit is just as good.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Using the valet parking option and staying here is just perfect for those early morning flights.

The parking was effortless, a 2 minute walk to check in, the automated check in would not recognise my booking so had to wait to speak with someone. Of the two room keys only one worked. the room was exactly as we expected. We had only been left one set of towels and a call in to reception and a reminder 90 mins later and we finally got some more.

The bar is clean and busy, with not enough staff serving behind the bar, having to wait 15 minutes to get served.

Collecting the car from valet parking was effortless too.

I would definately stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our unique location to be perfect for your early morning flight.

Please accept my apologies for the service delays you encountered. Such problems are rare here at Gatwick Manor Royal but are understandably frustrating.

It's great that you would definitely choose to stay here again; we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Stayed one night prior to a celebration family holiday in the sun, hotel staff could not do enough to make our short stay enjoyable, even managed to create a surprise birthday cake for our birthday girl during our dinner in the on site restaurant.
Rooms clean and tidy as hotel common areas.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin C

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear how the Team made such an effort to make your visit a memorable one. I hope your holiday was even better and that we can welcome you back should you fly from Gatwick Airport again.