“Premier Inn=Premier Stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
West Sussex UK
“Premier Inn=Premier Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This just goes to show that budget does not mean sub standard quality. I had previously stayed in a travel lodge and it was the worst experience ever, this was superb.

Staff on arrival were great and checked us in quickly and fetched bags from our car and took them to our room.

The room and bathroom were spotless.What I liked was the strong water pressure in the shower.

We had booked in for three nights as we were seeing family. The room was cleaned very well each day and we slept all the way through the night. A lot of pilots who use the simulators at Thales just around the corner use the hotel. They were very respectful and there was NO late noise what so ever.

We had paid for breakfast and this was very acceptable.The coffee was excellent.The prices in the bar were also reasonable and not inflated.

When we left we were asked if we would like help with our bags, thanked for our custom and said bid good bye to.

After 3 days and four nights the only things I could pick up on was that the hash browns were a bit soggy and the disabled bays were being used by those not displaying a blue badge and I had to look for this.

Its far cheaper and quieter here than Gatwick, the staff excellent and all round 5 stars.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am so delighted that you had such a wonderful experience here at Gatwick Manor Royal. Reflecting your comments, we do not believe that paying budget prices means you should have to compromise on the quality of the service you receive. Your kind words are a lovely tribute to the Team and their heard work and dedication and I would certainly hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Sant Quirze del Valles, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had to stay for over 5 weeks, and I took the best option. Clean, silence and enough space on the rooms.
Nice place to be, far from the city, but close the business centre.
Great stay, great experience. Thank you for all your assistance!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so quiet, clean and spacious. I am especially pleased that you found our unique location to be so convenient and I hope we will be able to welcome you back should you need to stay in the area again.

Welwyn Garden City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel, it is perfect for the airport, no noise issues, perfectly comfortable and a nice start to any holiday! We used the sleep and park deal which gave us one night accommodation and 15 days parking at the airport .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our unique location to be so convenient and yet so quiet. It's great that you consider your visit here as the start of your holiday and I hope the rest of your vacation was even better.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fabulous - clean, quiet (with money-back 'good night' guarantee), extra-helpful staff. The food offering (that you're stuck with unless you have a car) is slightly overpriced but there's reasonable choice and the quality is good.

My only quibble (and hence 3 stars not more) is that it's billed as handy for the airport but it'll cost you an arm and a leg! It's 4 miles/12 minutes according to google maps. The bus from the airport last night cost £3 (not too bad) but I was stood waiting in the cold for 45 minutes as they only run every hour (at half past, if that helps you - stand 9, bus G6). HOWEVER to get back to the terminal this morning for my connecting flight, there are no buses from 0915 to 1615. Wtf?! Why can't the incoming bus take me?! A taxi is going to cost me £9.

So, for the hassle of being tired & waiting in the cold and paying an extra £12, with hindsight I'd have paid an extra £20 or so to stay in a Gatwick hotel I could have walked to!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be so quiet and clean.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you had getting from and to the airport. It is unfortunate that the timings of the G6 bus were so inconvenient for you. Should you wish to discuss this matter any further please do not hesitate to contact me. Phone 01293819120 or Email operationsmanager.gatwickmanorroyal@whitbread.com.

Nantwich,Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is all you'd expect of your 'destination' hotel but as it is sited on an industrial park near Gatwick it will also be a 'one nighter' pre or post flight for most people.
It has quiet comfortable rooms,a good very reasonably priced restaurant and excellent friendly staff.
There is no need to look elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our Thyme Restaurant to be such good value for money. I am especially pleased that you encountered such a friendly Team and I sincerely hope we can welcome you back to Gatwick Manor Royal again in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here the night before a flight from Gatwick airport arriving late and checking out early so did not use on site facilities other than room.

Premier Inn is our go to budget hotel as they are always clean and usually you know what to expect. This is a modern building on a business park around ten minutes from the airport and has limited noise despite proximity to airport, certainly in comparison to some other airport hotels used in the past!

We checked in around 9pm and as there was someone else checking in and no other staff member to help we tried to use the computer check in machines in reception. Sadly they were unable to find a record of our reservation which we discovered, after a long wait, was because the staff had already manually checked us in being later in the evening. This was annoying as after a long drive you don't really want to be kept hanging around...

However once served the receptionist turned it around and I was impressed with her manner.

The following morning we left at 6am and discovered on reaching the barrier that we had mislaid the code to exit the car park! We were about to reverse when the night porter on duty obviously saw us on the CCTV and lifted the barrier helping us out which was great service :)

Overall would recommend and use again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our unique location to be so convenient and yet so quiet. I am especially delighted that we managed to maintain your positive impression of Premier Inn and that you would be happy to recommend Gatwick Manor Royal.

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have had a long, more than one month stay in that hotel and I find it the best value for price one can expect.
Anna, the Hotel Manager, has been just fantastic and so professionally helpful and friendly.
I must add that all the restaurant personnel is so nice, in particular, Kristina, Adrienn, and Katie who all made me feel almost home!
Great stay, great experience
Many Thanks!

Room Tip: Chose rooms at the back of hotel