“Comfortable Good Service”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Rossendale
“Comfortable Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

What you would expect from Premier Inn. Clean comfortable room, good service from the staff. Minor niggles were that the bed wasn't big enough for two of us as we are used to a king size, soap dispenser not working in the bath and the tea and coffee, kettle was poor.

Good location for the airport, transfer bus doesn't run late though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so clean and comfortable and that you encountered such good service from the Team. It's great that you found our unique location to be so convenient for the Airport and I hope you'll consider us again should you need to fly from Gatwick.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here for one night before flying from Gatwick and found it good and convenient. Check-in was efficient. The room was a good size. The bed was comfortable. Plenty of space in the car park. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TowerTwo
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our unique location to be such a convenient pre-flight stopover. I'm delighted that you would be happy to stay with us again and I hope you enjoyed your time away.

Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Having stayed with Premier Inn at other locations on various occations before, I really expected much more than what I experienced this time, with the most disappointing being:
1) I stayed for 2 nights and on the second day my room was not serviced at all - bed not made and towels not changed even though they were left on the floor clearly not supposed to be reused.
2) The room was freezing cold when I checked in and it took a good hour to warm up with air-con full-on at the highest temperature.
3) Breakfast quality is not as good as before. I asked for soft boiled eggs on both days and all came very runny even though on the second day I did complain about the previous day when making the order and yet the eggs still came runny.

The only good point would be the friendliness of staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

I am so sorry to hear that your experience at Gatwick Manor Royal was so far below the standards you have come to expect from Premier Inn. The issues that you encountered here are unacceptable as far as I am concerned and I have fed your concerns back to the Team to make sure we improve our performance immeadiately. Should you wish to discuss your stay here further please do not hesitate to contact me. Phone 01293819120 or Email operationsmanager.gatwickmanorroyal@whitbread.com.

Kind Regards

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is our hotel of choice when flying from Gatwick and yet again the staff are simply fantastic in every way and the meal was great with something for everyone and is good value. Our grandson was so excited to be staying at a Premier Inn before his trip to Lapland and the staff gave him a lovely surprise and he took his "letter from Lenny" to school today. We are back again in February so keep up this very high standard! Well done to all concerned

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mrsheathershaw

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and had such a wonderful meal in our Thyme Restaurant.

I am absolutely delighted that your Grandson was so excited to be here and that his visit lived up to expectations. I hope that you all had a fantastic time in Lapland and you can be assured that we all look forward to welcoming you back to Gatwick Manor Royal in February.

Plouay, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Definitely the comfort of the bed lived up to Premier promises, whilst being aware that you are not paying for 'top-notch', so certain services and comforts you get in higher priced hotels are not there. I would like to see less 'fast food' type meals in the restaurant as there certainly wasn't anywhere else to eat in the vicinity, so we were somewhat strapped for choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found your Bed to be nice and comfortable. I am sorry that you found the options in our Thyme Restaurant to be inadequate on this occasion. We do strive to offer as wide a range of choice as we can to our Guests and I hope you will consider giving us another chance in this regards should you stay here again.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have used the Premier Inn Manor Royal Hotel on several occasions for business purposes. It is a standard Premier Inn so the decor and standard of room is commensurate with all other such hotels, but unusually for this chain it has a bar and restaurant.

The outstanding feature of this hotel is undoubtedly the staff; they are quite simply exceptional. They smile; they take the initiative to speak; they are helpful; they speak several languages fluently. I know all staff should be like this but I have yet to stay at a similar type of hotel where they are.

One of the bar staff, Dainius was particularly worthy of specific mention for his help and excellent service at the bar. Ask for him if - he is a legend!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found Gatwick Manor Royal to be so convenient for your business needs.

I am absolutely delighted by your lovely comments regarding the Team. Your kind words are such a great compliment to the focus everyone here places on our Guests and I know the whole Team appreciate your praise.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Booked and stayed at the premier inn in manor royal near gatwick. The hotel was very new looking, tody and inviting. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. All the staff that I came across were very friendly and happy to help with all requests. Would not hesitate to stay there again, especially for the price that I paid! Thanks for a great nights sleep

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jemma B, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found your Room to be so clean and comfortable. I am especially pleased that you encountered such a friendly and helpful Team and it's great to know that you would be glad to stay with us again.