Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
US$103
US$89
Sandman Gatwick
  • Pool
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
ibis
US$91
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,732 results
All reviewsstayed heregatwick airporttesco expressthyme restaurantmeal dealgood nights sleepcar parkbudget hotelexcellent valueexcellent stayall you can eatan evening mealcomfy bednight's sleepbar and restaurantfamily roomself service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed for a few nights on a business trip. This is a basic but functional hotel. It is very close to Gatwick Airport (but not the one within walking distance to the airport; note there are several Premier Inns in the same vicinity) so unless you just need to stay here overnight to catch a flight in the early morning or you have a business function here, a word of warning that it’s not the most entertaining part of town. It is really only surrounded by office parks and warehouses. There is a handy grocery store down the street (Tesco Express) where you can buy some food. You can pick up ready-made sandwiches and select fresh fruits and vegetables here. Please note that the hotel does NOT offer lunch service on the weekends (only breakfast and dinner which starts at 6pm). Therefore you have to either buy food from the Tesco or take a bus into town to find restaurants (as there are not any nearby or within walking distance – unless you feel like a 30 minute stroll).

Taking the bus into town is fairly easy to navigate if you choose not to rent a car. Just be on the correct side of the road to get into town (the other direction takes you to Gatwick Airport). The bus stop will have listings of the upcoming stops. Bus #10 and 100 take you into town. I would recommend Bus #10 as it runs far more frequently (every 5-10 minutes), and the stop is just a quick walk away from the hotel. Fare is 2.20 GBP one way to town so it would be handy to have smaller bills on hand. If you go to the Crawley Bus Station (just a 10 minute ride), it drops you off at the County Mall which has quite a few shops (mostly clothing) and there is a food court inside (standard inexpensive spots such as Subway, Dominos, etc. -- nothing too fancy). There is also a little park/garden and kid’s sand play area nearby the mall.

The English breakfast offered is quite decent and is only 8.75GBP. I really enjoyed the full English breakfast spread (which is buffet style) but they also have an option for continental breakfast as well if you’re not in the mood for a hearty meal.

Word of caution – the wifi can be a bit spotty and the wifi company that is contracted with the hotel ended up charging me three times by accident, so just be aware and be sure to monitor your card activity. After speaking with the hotel, they got me in touch with the wifi company and they removed the extra charges fairly quickly.

Also, another word of caution – there aren’t any working safes at the hotel at the moment in case you have valuables that you need to store. There are safes in the room but they are currently not operable. After calling down to the reception and inquiring about the safes, they mentioned that all safes in the hotel won’t be working. They are in the middle of contracting with another safe company and will be down for a while. However, the hotel management has stated that they can keep items for you by the front desk in a secure area.

I must say that the best part about the hotel is the comfy bed, pillows (they give you two options in the room- firm or soft), and nice and cozy comforter. I had a great night’s sleep every night, which for me, is the most important part since I was here for business. If I needed to return to the Crawley business district for work, I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Prakash K, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am delighted enjoyed your stay and found your Bed to be so comfortable. I'm glad that you has such an enjoyable breakfast in our Thyme Restaurant and I hope that we can welcome you back to Gatwick Manor Royal in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of 2 adults and 2 children (4yrs and 12 weeks) before flying to Egypt. V comfy, quiet, good sleep. Breakfast v good. Sharon in restaurant very friendly. Enjoyed it so much booked to stay upon our return to uk before home.

Stayed: July 2014
Prakash K, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I am delighted you found Gatwick Manor Royal to be such a great pre-flight stopover. I hope you had a wonderful time in Egypt and I certainly hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal for 10 people on the 26/7/14. Adrianne was AMAZING what a credit!!..lovely lady looked after us all...nice touch with the Birthday cake and balloons!!..made the evening and the 8oz steaks were the best!!!...thank
You premier inn

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jason H

I am delighted you had such a wonderful birthday meal in our Thyme Restaurant. I'm so pleased that you had such great service here and I hope we can welcome you back one day.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were delighted with our room and the service. The staff were very willing to help and friendly. The views are not so inspiring but for a very friendly and clean place to stay, comfortable with double glazed windows and air con, this is the best value we have had in our three weeks in UK.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted you had such a comfortable stay and found a friendly and helpful Team. It's great that you found your time here represented such great value for money and I hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

OK the view isn't going to enthrall you but if you are looking for a comfortable base to reach surrounding areas then you won't find fault with this hotel. I never usually sleep well in hotels, but this is the first time I can honestly say I had a decent night's sleep soooo comfortable. In fact mirror that to everything else. For example food service and cleanliness and that should sum up your stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Prakash K, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I am delighted you had such a comfortable stay and such a good night's sleep. I certainly hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.