Britannia Lodge Gatwick
  • Breakfast included
US$174
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
ibis
  • Restaurant
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here as we only required a one night stay and some airport parking, what could go wrong????? We arrived and the place seemed ok, we opted to pay up front for dinner and breakfast as we could get a better deal, that was our first mistake, I presume the only rason they do that is because if anyone actually saw the Buffet that is availiable there is no chance you would try to eat it. Over cooked, luke warm, tastless and generally unappitizing. It was all from packet/powder and you could tell as it still had the lumps, follow this with the filthy cutlery i had and the soulless staff that obviously didn't want to be there or really care about anything that was going on you could say wedidn't really enjoy our meal. Our room on the other had was just as bad, as we walked towards it it was so musty it was hard to breath and only got stronger as we went in to our room, it felt damp, cold and dirty and hadden't been decorated for about 20 years. Filthy bathroom with no hot water and we both woke in the morning with headachesfrom the room. All in all not a very goodstay the only plus was it's close to the airport, they do long stay arking and it's not too expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here for 1 night as part of a large group. Check in was fairly quick and hassle free. The floor of lift was dirty, needed a hoover and someone had left litter in the corner. The double room was OK in size but very very dated. The wallpaper was peeling of the walls and the extractor fan in the bathroom did not work. As we stayed on the hottest day of the year (so far) we were devastated to find the air-conditioning was not working!!. The bed was like sleeping on concrete. The bathroom was grubby with hairs in the bath and it all looked rather tired and dated. The food in the restaurant was good, plenty of choice and was hot but there was a long wait for a table to become vacant and the staff did not appear to have a procedure to seat guests. Definitely needs some TLC and/or a visit from The Hotel Inspector.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nickyf1
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night due to having an early morning flight from Gatwick the next day and I can honestly say it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! The floor was dirty, I kept my shoes on whenever I needed to walk anywhere. The shower/bath was mouldy and the bathroom ceiling was covered in revolting black stuff.

We ordered room service and received a dry ham and cheese sandwich. We asked if we could pay by cash at the bar after we had finished but 2 minutes after receiving the food the phone rang asking us to go and pay! Staff had very limited English too although the receptionist was nice.

There were lights not working properly in the corridor and it smelt very unpleasant. I've seen paper thicker than the 1 pillow each provided (with no spares). I had to fold it over twice to get some height!

Thank god we were only staying there one night, the hotel is like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie!

Never again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenna_2010
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Didnt expect much from Hotel as on package with coach tour operator. Hotel was slightly better than we had envisaged. Room was comfortable and quite spacious. In need of some tlc but lovely white towels, extra pillows etc. Although very busy and there was a wedding on (we expected to be wakened during the night!!) but had a very peaceful evening. Good variety of well cooked food to suit every taste. Hotel staff very good.

Room Tip: If you like to have a window opened during the night, do not have a ground floor room as they only have french doors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

There are a lot of conflicting reviews for this hotel, hopefully this will help clear things up...

We booked into this hotel for one night, as we were flying from Gatwick early the following morning. Booked on a late rooms website, I got a double for around £40. If I had paid the rack rate my review would be different, so bear this in mind.

The hotel was easy to find, and very well situated for our needs. The bar was very busy, they were still serving food late into the evening - we did not eat but it looked simple and decent quality (burgers, chips, the usual). We stopped for a drink and were surprised at how busy the lobby bar was.

Our room was perfectly adequate for our needs - the bed was comfortable, it was quiet considering its proximity to the motorway, and it had all the amenities you need for an overnight stay. The shower was hot and had medium pressure. Sure, there are areas throughout the hotel which need a spot of paint or a bit of a tidy, but generally the hotel and room were clean and serviceable - it is obvious that they have a lot of footfall. For the price, I was not going to complain.

Checking out was extremely simple, and we were on our way with the minimum of fuss, feeling pretty refreshed.

To sum up then: I would use this hotel again for an overnight airport stay, but not at the rack-rate of £120+ per night. It is convenient for Gatwick, and does exactly what it says on the tin. I wouldn't consider using the hotel as a base for exploring the local area, purely because of the volume of people using it as we did.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple