we stayed for 2 nights friday 7th and sat 8th september 2012. nice clean, & modern hotel. plenty of parking. There is a Harvester next to the hotel and shares the car park.
our room was clean, spacious. we had a family room with a sofa bed, and also had a cot for the room. the blackout curtains was fab. pitch black and it was morning so could have a good lie in if you liked. the bathroom was very modern with a shampoo/shower wash dispensor on the wall and a soap dispensor by the sink, a tissue dispensor by the sink.
the breakfast was really nice. served until 10am on week days and 11.30 am on weekends. there was white/brown bread for toasting, pastries, muffins, cereals, beans, sausage, scrambled eggs, youghurts, fresh fruit, hot drinks machine, fresh apple/orange juice machine and water. it was all restocked constantly. you could eat in the dining room or take back to your room. there were take out cups so you could take your hot drinks straight out with you.
the staff were very friendly and helpful.
there is a huge shopping centre 2mins up the road in the car. and nice big park (tilgate park) 5-10 minute drive. it was £3 to park all day. there was an animal area, large kids play area, nature centre, large lake with water sports, wood to walk through, ice cream van, smith and western steak house restaurant. kid meals had pretend lizards on them when served.
we had a lovely 2 day stay altogether.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley Hotel is located just 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport & less than 10 minutes from J/10 of M23. We offer onsite parking for residents at a rate of £7 per day. Three Bridges & Crawley stations are walking distance & offer's easy links to Brighton, London & beyond. Crawley Town center with selective shops and restaurants is at pleasant walking distance. Buses go to Gatwick and Crawley including Manor Royal. Ideally situated for both leisure & business travelers the hotel has Free Wireless Internet access in all areas. All bedrooms offer TV with free view satellite channels, telephone, tea & coffee facilities, and hairdryer, dry cleaning & power showers. Complimentary continental buffet breakfast with selective hot items served for all guests. The Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley has a well equipped meeting room seating up to 25 people, rates starting from just £85. Local attractions include The Hawth Theatre. K2 Leisure Centre. Tilgate Forest Golf Course & County Mall Shopping Centre. You could also visit the nearby Hever Castle, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn. Biggin Hill. Chessington World of Adventure & Thorpe Park,Nearby Towns include Horsham, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Reigate & Redhill. Adjacent to the hotel is the Harvester restaurant, serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm, famous for their flame grilled steaks, spit roast chicken, and salad cart. This is a non smoking hotel but with designated area for smokers. Hotel has air-conditioned Bar with flat screen TV and satellite channels which also serve snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, IHG and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley Hotel Crawley
- Holiday Inn Express Crawley
- Holiday Inn Crawley
- Crawley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley West Sussex