I ( a female) recently stayed here on business. I have stayed on two seperate occasions now and will stay again. The only thing that lets this Holiday Inn down is the Harvester that is attached to it.
Check in was very quick, everything was ready for me and I was not kept waiting. The format of the hotel and its amenites were explained to me (even though I knew prior to booking).
This hotel does not offer a cooked breakfast, there is a continental style breakfast with some hot items that is included in the price. When I was there on offer was cereals, toast and preserves, scrambled egg, sausages, baked beans and lots of muffins, croissants etc.
Tea and coffee is free in the cafe/bar. There is a licenced bar and vending machines. Plenty on offer.
They also offer baguettes and sandwiches.
The rooms were comfortable spacious and clean. I have been in both sides of the hotel and not been bothered by noise at all but then again, I did have the windows closed.
I met with a colleague to discuss business and we were making full use of the wifi and the free tea and coffee. the receptionist was attentive without making us feel like we were in the way. We were offered tea and coffee, asked occasionally if we needed anything and she was an absolute gem.
I require a gluten free diet and on my first visit hadnt realised that they would cater for me ( I didnt make the booking and it was last minute) so on this occasion took my own bread. I was told that they would go and buy some in for me. So next time, I will mention when booking that I need gluten free diet so they are prepared for me. There was plenty on offer that I could eat though.
In fairness, we made use of the free tea and coffee for 2 days and not once were we made to feel that we were abusing the privilege. I paid the additional £'s to have the wifi package in my stay and it was well worth the cost for the tea and coffee alone. So for those who moan about paying ( maximum is 10 for 24 hours) you need to take what they offer into consideration.
I cannot fault the staff at all. they were all friendly professional and accommodating. I was assisted by a maintenance man, the housekeeping staff and the kitchen staff and the same level of professionalism was shown by all.
I felt really comfortable drinking in the bar area alone in the evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley Hotel is located just 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport & less than 10 minutes from J/10 of M23. We offer onsite parking for residents at a rate of £7 per day. Three Bridges & Crawley stations are walking distance & offer's easy links to Brighton, London & beyond. Crawley Town center with selective shops and restaurants is at pleasant walking distance. Buses go to Gatwick and Crawley including Manor Royal. Ideally situated for both leisure & business travelers the hotel has Free Wireless Internet access in all areas. All bedrooms offer TV with free view satellite channels, telephone, tea & coffee facilities, and hairdryer, dry cleaning & power showers. Complimentary continental buffet breakfast with selective hot items served for all guests. The Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley has a well equipped meeting room seating up to 25 people, rates starting from just £85. Local attractions include The Hawth Theatre. K2 Leisure Centre. Tilgate Forest Golf Course & County Mall Shopping Centre. You could also visit the nearby Hever Castle, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn. Biggin Hill. Chessington World of Adventure & Thorpe Park,Nearby Towns include Horsham, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Reigate & Redhill. Adjacent to the hotel is the Harvester restaurant, serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm, famous for their flame grilled steaks, spit roast chicken, and salad cart. This is a non smoking hotel but with designated area for smokers. Hotel has air-conditioned Bar with flat screen TV and satellite channels which also serve snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley Hotel Crawley
- Holiday Inn Express Crawley
- Holiday Inn Crawley
- Crawley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley West Sussex