“Friendly Professional and Value for Money”

Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
caerphilly
“Friendly Professional and Value for Money”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I ( a female) recently stayed here on business. I have stayed on two seperate occasions now and will stay again. The only thing that lets this Holiday Inn down is the Harvester that is attached to it.

Check in
Check in was very quick, everything was ready for me and I was not kept waiting. The format of the hotel and its amenites were explained to me (even though I knew prior to booking).

This hotel does not offer a cooked breakfast, there is a continental style breakfast with some hot items that is included in the price. When I was there on offer was cereals, toast and preserves, scrambled egg, sausages, baked beans and lots of muffins, croissants etc.

Tea and coffee is free in the cafe/bar. There is a licenced bar and vending machines. Plenty on offer.

They also offer baguettes and sandwiches.

Rooms
The rooms were comfortable spacious and clean. I have been in both sides of the hotel and not been bothered by noise at all but then again, I did have the windows closed.

Cafe Bar
I met with a colleague to discuss business and we were making full use of the wifi and the free tea and coffee. the receptionist was attentive without making us feel like we were in the way. We were offered tea and coffee, asked occasionally if we needed anything and she was an absolute gem.

I require a gluten free diet and on my first visit hadnt realised that they would cater for me ( I didnt make the booking and it was last minute) so on this occasion took my own bread. I was told that they would go and buy some in for me. So next time, I will mention when booking that I need gluten free diet so they are prepared for me. There was plenty on offer that I could eat though.

In fairness, we made use of the free tea and coffee for 2 days and not once were we made to feel that we were abusing the privilege. I paid the additional £'s to have the wifi package in my stay and it was well worth the cost for the tea and coffee alone. So for those who moan about paying ( maximum is 10 for 24 hours) you need to take what they offer into consideration.

I cannot fault the staff at all. they were all friendly professional and accommodating. I was assisted by a maintenance man, the housekeeping staff and the kitchen staff and the same level of professionalism was shown by all.

I felt really comfortable drinking in the bar area alone in the evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be going back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank badgerswood23
Matthew A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time in posting this lovely, positive review on our hotel and the facilities & service provided.

We constantly strive to exceed our customer expectations and by the sounds of it we have done very well on this occasion.

It’s good to see that you were offered gluten free items as we tend to all of our guest requirements especially when it comes to health.

It’s a shame we were not informed prior to your arrival in regards to your diet requirements but as mentioned for future reference please do not hesitate to contact the hotel direct and we can place a note on your booking. These items are provided free of charge.

It was nice to meet you and rest assure that I have shared your comments with my team. We all hope to welcome you back real soon.

Thank you once again for your time.

Nadine Wilkinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Not our first choice before jetting off, but did a perfectly reasonable job in accommodating us. Staff were very good and services were as you would expect. My biggest problem is the "add on" prices - to wind down and have a drink cost you an arm and a leg.

They offer a perfectly reasonable way of parking safely for your holiday, and value for money, it's a fair deal, although, personally, I'd like to see some better priced food and drink options.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Kay F,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance to serve you again on your next visit to Crawley.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Only 10mins by taxi to Airport this hotel was to a good standard , a good buffet breakfast included in the rate . Room spotless and very comfortable . Will use again without hesitation .good value as well .

• Stayed May 2013
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

Thank you very much for the kind words you have spoken about the hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next in the Gatwick- Crawley area.

Waterford Ireland
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This hotel delivers what it promises. Rooms are compact, but well equipped and spotlessly clean with an excellent shower. Breakfast is an informal affair which will satisfy most needs. A short stroll to both Crawley and Three Bridges train stations, both of which provide excellent links. Highly recommended for an airport stay over, or indeed, a short stay in the Crawley area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

I would like to thank you for the kind words you have spoken about the hotel. We at the hotel believe that we are in an excellent location with the two stations you mentioned a short walk away and Crawley Town Centre a 10 minute walk away. We are also easily accessible by car and offer free parking to all of our guests for the duration of their stay.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next in the area.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed over the bank holiday weekend whilst visiting family. It's a slightly strange spot in the middle of the 'squareabout' so unusually, try and get a room overlooking the car park! We had a family meal (10 of us) in the adjacent Harvester which was actually pretty reasonable (for a Harvester). On the plus side it makes it very easy to find!

The staff were helpful and very friendly - particularly some of the cleaning and waiting staff. We were disapointed there were no rooms with baths (and the sinks were tiny so be prepared if travelling with a baby!). The rooms were, however, comfortable and fairly spacious even with a cot. The bathroom was modern and clean. This worked out good value for us, considering many of the other hotels nearby charge extra for parking.

I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Try to look over the car park and not the road.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words you have posted regarding the hotel. I know the staff will be delighted to read your comments as they always aim to give 110% service to our guests.

I apologise if you wanted a bath but unfortunately none of our rooms provide baths however our showers have proved to be excellent and good value to all of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next in the area.

Sidney, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We have stayed here twice when traveling from Gatwick airport, consider it great value, and really convenient. Bus to the airport just across the road, very easy trip, Three bridges rail station in walking distance to get to London or the south coast conveniently, the Harvester restaurant just across the car park (another good value). Clean, comfortable, quite adequate. They do charge for wireless internet, but there is some time available free, enough if all you want to do is check emails, check in for flights etc. Breakfast had a limited range, but the food was fine, and the staff were really helpful and would get some things that were not on the main buffet if you asked. A good place to hang out if you want to get over jet lag - go visit the old Worth church, or walk the Worth way to East Grimstead, and get a better feeling for England than you will in the major tourist spots.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in a fantastic location for those who wish to travel to London or Brighton with both destinations just a short train journey away. We are only a 10 minute walk away from Three Bridges Station and Crawley Station which allows you plenty of option.

We do offer free internet access to all Gold and Platinum Priority Club holders as a reward for their loyalty to the brand.

Our Express breakfast provides a fantastic choice for everybody with our range of continental items plus our three hot items of scrambled eggs, sausage and beans. I am glad you also took advantage of some of Crawley's tourist attractions and were able to wind down from what I hope was an excellent holiday. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

On checking in after long flight from Australia arrived 10pm to not very welcoming reception, on checking our room found the room was already occupied (luckily no one was in the room at the time). We were given another room, to find yes you have guessed it that room was also already occupied, so on a third attempt we refused to go to the room until someone had checked in out to make sure no one was in the room and on the third attempt we were given a room that was not occupied. Not a very good start to our holiday in UK and I would not go to this hotel again or recommend it to anyone else as obviously their booking process needs to be looked at as they obviously don't know who is in their hotel at any given time! Communication Nil as they don't answer emails!

Room Tip: Room away from the car park
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yolanda E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Yolanda E,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and the room confusion. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.