We stayed at several HI Express hotels during our visit to the UK. This one was the only one that didn't offer an airport shuttle service. There is a train station nearby, but we had an oversize bag (a bicycle) that made it necessary for us to pay for a taxi from and to Gatwick airport, costing about 15 GBP each way, depending on the terminal used.
Service at the front desk was prompt and helpful. Service at the bar was almost non-existent, and left us waiting a long time for service. The room was fine and clean, the beds comfortable, the choice of pillows appreciated. There was a bit of a leak in the shower head which meant we couldn't use it as a handheld without soaking the entire bathroom. I don't think we were in the new wing mentioned by other reviewers.
The Harvester Restaurant next door was convenient, and good value for money. It did get very busy at dinner time and there was a wait for a table, but there were a few tables set aside near the entrance where, if you could find a seat, you could order your food yourself from the bar. This is what we did and enjoyed a chat with others who had chosen this same option.
The breakfast was sufficient, although we left too early to get the hot offerings. We appreciated that there was coffee and continental fare available that early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley Hotel is located just 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport & less than 10 minutes from J/10 of M23. We offer onsite parking for residents at a rate of £7 per day. Three Bridges & Crawley stations are walking distance & offer's easy links to Brighton, London & beyond. Crawley Town center with selective shops and restaurants is at pleasant walking distance. Buses go to Gatwick and Crawley including Manor Royal. Ideally situated for both leisure & business travelers the hotel has Free Wireless Internet access in all areas. All bedrooms offer TV with free view satellite channels, telephone, tea & coffee facilities, and hairdryer, dry cleaning & power showers. Complimentary continental buffet breakfast with selective hot items served for all guests. The Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley has a well equipped meeting room seating up to 25 people, rates starting from just £85. Local attractions include The Hawth Theatre. K2 Leisure Centre. Tilgate Forest Golf Course & County Mall Shopping Centre. You could also visit the nearby Hever Castle, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn. Biggin Hill. Chessington World of Adventure & Thorpe Park,Nearby Towns include Horsham, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Reigate & Redhill. Adjacent to the hotel is the Harvester restaurant, serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm, famous for their flame grilled steaks, spit roast chicken, and salad cart. This is a non smoking hotel but with designated area for smokers. Hotel has air-conditioned Bar with flat screen TV and satellite channels which also serve snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley Hotel Crawley
- Holiday Inn Express Crawley
- Holiday Inn Crawley
- Crawley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley West Sussex