I chose this hotel for my weekend leisure break because of the brand's reputation and the convenient location near to Three Bridges main-line train station for London Gatwick Airport and the south coast. I parked my car at the hotel during my two-night stay and had a pleasant Sunday day out by train. It was an easy though not particularly pleasant walk along the main road to the train station.
My partner and I had a central top-floor room overlooking the car-park and the trees beyond. We enjoyed the self-service breakfasts to the full and most components of them exceeded our expectations, but the absence of bacon from the cooked food (pork sausage, beans and scrambled egg) was disappointing.
The only complaint about our room was the faulty waste - that's a plumbing term - in the wash-basin, where there was just an ill-fitting loose plug to cover a dark hole for the outlet where you would lose any small object accidentally dropped into it such as jewellery or a contact lens. There was an unpleasant smell coming from the hole which I tried to eliminate with boiling water from the kettle. This was reported to Front Desk.
As the hotel does not serve evening dinner, we went out to the separate Harvester restaurant in front of the hotel: this was disappointing due to waiting time even when there were vacant tables, and service was below expectations.
For any readers familiar with my "sofa test" in my other reviews elsewhere - moving furniture to see if there is dirt behind or beneath - the Pass mark was exceeded here.
In my overall rating, the car parking, the location, bed comfort and the included breakfast, and the price for my flexible online reservation, all score high marks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley Hotel is located just 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport & less than 10 minutes from J/10 of M23. We offer onsite parking for residents at a rate of £7 per day. Three Bridges & Crawley stations are walking distance & offer's easy links to Brighton, London & beyond. Crawley Town center with selective shops and restaurants is at pleasant walking distance. Buses go to Gatwick and Crawley including Manor Royal. Ideally situated for both leisure & business travelers the hotel has Free Wireless Internet access in all areas. All bedrooms offer TV with free view satellite channels, telephone, tea & coffee facilities, and hairdryer, dry cleaning & power showers. Complimentary continental buffet breakfast with selective hot items served for all guests. The Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley has a well equipped meeting room seating up to 25 people, rates starting from just £85. Local attractions include The Hawth Theatre. K2 Leisure Centre. Tilgate Forest Golf Course & County Mall Shopping Centre. You could also visit the nearby Hever Castle, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn. Biggin Hill. Chessington World of Adventure & Thorpe Park,Nearby Towns include Horsham, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Reigate & Redhill. Adjacent to the hotel is the Harvester restaurant, serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm, famous for their flame grilled steaks, spit roast chicken, and salad cart. This is a non smoking hotel but with designated area for smokers. Hotel has air-conditioned Bar with flat screen TV and satellite channels which also serve snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley Hotel Crawley
- Holiday Inn Express Crawley
- Holiday Inn Crawley
- Crawley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley West Sussex