“Good location for transport connections, airport and town.”

Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Horam, United Kingdom
“Good location for transport connections, airport and town.”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I chose this hotel for my weekend leisure break because of the brand's reputation and the convenient location near to Three Bridges main-line train station for London Gatwick Airport and the south coast. I parked my car at the hotel during my two-night stay and had a pleasant Sunday day out by train. It was an easy though not particularly pleasant walk along the main road to the train station.

My partner and I had a central top-floor room overlooking the car-park and the trees beyond. We enjoyed the self-service breakfasts to the full and most components of them exceeded our expectations, but the absence of bacon from the cooked food (pork sausage, beans and scrambled egg) was disappointing.
The only complaint about our room was the faulty waste - that's a plumbing term - in the wash-basin, where there was just an ill-fitting loose plug to cover a dark hole for the outlet where you would lose any small object accidentally dropped into it such as jewellery or a contact lens. There was an unpleasant smell coming from the hole which I tried to eliminate with boiling water from the kettle. This was reported to Front Desk.
As the hotel does not serve evening dinner, we went out to the separate Harvester restaurant in front of the hotel: this was disappointing due to waiting time even when there were vacant tables, and service was below expectations.
For any readers familiar with my "sofa test" in my other reviews elsewhere - moving furniture to see if there is dirt behind or beneath - the Pass mark was exceeded here.
In my overall rating, the car parking, the location, bed comfort and the included breakfast, and the price for my flexible online reservation, all score high marks.

Room Tip: A room on an upper floor facing the car park, but not next to stairs or lifts, should be fine.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank oldrambler62
Management T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you have enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed the local area. We are ideally located to access both London and the south coast. Our excellent location enables our guests to access London and Brighton in less than 30mins by train.
As per our brand standards, all Holiday Inn Express hotels in UK serve complimentary breakfast with sausages, beans, scrambled eggs along with continental breakfast items. As you rightly pointed out, this is ideal to give you a great morning start. We do not serve bacon in any of the Holiday Inn Express brand of hotels in UK.
I will share your comments with the harvester manager. Although a completely different company, they do share our vision of 100% guest satisfaction.
I do regret the faulty waste situation and have asked my housekeeping team to use the drain cleaner and freshener more often. Regarding the size of the hole, they will now leave the blocker half way through so no items can go down the drain.
I do look forward to welcoming you back in my hotel in the near future. We constantly keep updating our special offers online and I do request you to have a look at our current offers.
Best Regards
Prashant Vaid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Had one night here on a business trip, the hotel was fine and staff friendly.

However there wasn't a lot nearby in terms of food options, high street only about twenty minutes walk away but many pubs had no food service after 7pm on a Sunday night and there weren't many other places open!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ak_On_The_Go1234
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Ak_On_The_Go1234,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel fine and staff friendly. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Its very quiet despite being in middle of roundabout there is no traffic noise. The curtains also block all exterior light. Its very clean and a nice place to stay. The room was very comfy and tea making facilities. The bed was very good and had such restful night. Would recommend it to everyone. A nice touch you don't see much is there is an ice machine here. The room is well lit and modern. And has free shower gel soap not in silly little containers. The parking was easy to get too and there are enough spaces. A nice central location. Close to airport but no aircraft noise.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gazzaline
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times and it's always been good. A five minute walk to three bridges station makes it an ideal stop over point if you're flying early from Gatwick or breaking a long journey towards the South coast. Friendly staff, good food, quiet and most of all comfortable. There's not much in the way of nightlife but there is a Harvester restaurant and a pub. It's also a quick train ride to Brighton.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keylayer
London
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel has seriously got it right. It's immaculately clean, crisp and comfortable.

The rooms are great, the staff are great, the FREE wifi is great, the breakfast is great (even the toaster lets you toast your bread properly - like when you're at home!), the free parking is great and the pub over the car park is also great!

Well done Holiday inn.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Devon, UK
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I genuinely never thought I'd give a 'holiday inn' 5 stars.
This hotel was minutes from the aiport, clean, massive rooms, no noise from planes or traffic (and I'm a light sleeper).
The thing I'm giving extra points for is the bedding.....slept so well and didn't feel like the usual synthetic linens you get at chain travel hotels.

We'll always use this hotel for flights from Gatwick !

• Stayed November 2013
ontario
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick and were very satisfied with the rooms and the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms are small but very clean. We are a family of 4 and decided to use two rooms which helped with the size issue. There is groceries and a restaurant close by across the parking lot. Close to the Gatwick airport which is perfect if traveling.

Room Tip: Away from the front desk can be a little loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Ontario Fundaddy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your 4 star review for the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley. I am pleased to read that our team, hotel and location exceeded your expectations and that the cleanliness of the rooms was also a highlight during your stay.

My team and I hope that you and your family had a safe onward journey and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick - Crawley the next you are visiting the UK

Kind regards