“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Sydney
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The usual good service and comfortable stay at this hotel before an early morning flight to France. Staff were very helpful and an early breakfast at 5am with a wake-up call was quickly organised. Fresh minimalist décor with clean rooms. Happy to recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and choosing us for your accommodation requirements.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with and I will make sure that your kind comments are passed on to the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This is a very poor example of a holiday inn express , it felt more like a travel lodge to me. We had a family room which meant that me and my 14 year old daughter had to share the bed settee which was awful , it had a massive drop from one level to the other , my back was killing me the next morning , not what you need before a 9 hour flight ! The hotel was also very noisy. The parking for long term ie 17 nights was a bit odd too , you just leave your car there , they don't take any details from you , don't keep your keys and don't really care ? The car was fine when we returned luckily ! It was also £16 in a taxi each way to south terminal . I would not recommend this hotel .

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Joanne M
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of our hotel. I was very pleased that you selected us for your accommodation requirements; however I was very saddened of the issues that you have noted in your review.

Customer service is of the utmost importance to myself and the team and your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel, and in particular the comfort of the sofa bed, is simply not the level of care we strive to provide our guests.

In regards to your comments regarding your car I can confirm that your experience is not reflective of the standards our front desk team are trained to deliver. Although we do not retain the keys to your vehicle we would normally take full details from you and ask that you complete a parking document, I am sorry this was not the case for you on this occasion.

With that being said, please contact me directly at the hotel on deputygm@hiexpresscrawley.co.uk or on 01293 525 523 so that I can discuss your comments with you in more depth and have the opportunity to fully restore your faith in us. I do not want any other guests to experience these low levels of service.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I hope to hear from you in due course.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and couldn't find fault with any aspect of the hotel, particularly with the rates they charge. The location was ideal as we were able to drive down to Brighton which was half an hour away and get the train to London as the station was 10mins walk away. The rooms were clean and modern which is everything you expect of a holiday inn. Breakfast was also good considering you do not pay extra for it and the staff were polite and helpful when needed. Overall this is an excellent 'budget' hotel and highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear ChrisZ31,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is from guest’s feedback that I am able to monitor and continually progress the level of service we deliver to our guests.

I am pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs and that you found our hotel faultless and competitively priced.

I am happy to read that you found your complimentary Express start breakfast lovely and all of our staff to be polite, these kind comments have been shared with the team in order to act as a motivator to keep up with their good work.

I am delighted that you would highly recommend our hotel and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

south yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great hotel in a good location handy for Brighton and Gatwick .Good sized rooms with big comfortable beds crisp white bedding with a good selection of pillows. Bathroom was perfect with a great sized walk in shower. Lovely big fluffy white towels were provided .
Generous buffet breakfast include in room rates.
All staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing car park.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we provided everything you needed including a comfortable bed and perfect bathroom.

I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary Express Start breakfast and that you enjoyed it.

It is a pleasure to be able to share such fantastic feedback such as yours with the hotel team and I thank you again for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel.

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed for one night prior to an early(ish) flight on a Monday morning from Gatwick.

Basically a fine, clean and comfy place (with free parking and WiFi too!) with decent beds and bathrooms. Decent enough Breakfast should you require it and there is a Harvester on the other side of the car park should you fancy a drink and a bite to eat the evening before.

I've paid twice as much for half as good in other hotels!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the car park (think we were 102) for a ground floor one.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear MupperMaster,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be good value, clean, and comfortable.

I’m glad that you enjoyed our Express start breakfast that we provide free of charge for all our guests and took advantage of our free WiFi and parking.

I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Really impressed with this 'budget' hotel. Ideal for airport stopover or short business stay. Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast (with plenty of it even if the choice is a little limited), free paper, free ice machine, choice of pillows - all add-up to make this a very pleasant stay. The staff and friendly and efficient; there's a pub next door serving well prepared food at reasonable prices and free parking in a fairly central location i.e. Crawley town is only a few mins walk. And one of the best showers I've had in a hotel room for a long time!

Room Tip: Rooms directly above the restaurant/reception area can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and efficient. These kind comments have been shared with the team in order to act as a motivator to keep up with their good work.

I am also happy to hear that you found our showers to be exceptional and that the following morning you were able to enjoy a plentiful free breakfast.

I hope that we can welcome you back to stay with us again the near future.

st. johhn's nl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here during a stopover at Gatwick airport for two nights. This Holiday Inn is on Hastlett Ave., there are two. Excellent staff, Excellent service, Clean and friendly. Wonderful breakfast, included in price! Have been using this hotel for years, and it never fails me!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Crockerholly,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is from guest’s feedback that I am able to monitor and continually progress the level of service we deliver to our guests.

I am delighted to read that you have found our hotel to be consistently excellent and that we have always provided you with efficient and friendly service. These kind comments have been shared with the team who I know thrive on such encouraging feedback.

I hope that we can welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future and for many more years to come.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley? Share your experiences!