“Over night stay”

Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley just for one night taking some friends back to Gatwick airport. It was a very nice and clean hotel, the breakfast was very good also. Nearby there was a Harvester pub/restaurant which was great, it was a good end to our friends holiday.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Management T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and subsequently scored us 5 out of 5.

I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage and enjoyed our complimentary Express Start breakfast and will pass these kind comments to our breakfast team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Reasonably priced clean room and hotel with functional (for short stay) modern decor and furnishings.
Bed was not very comfortable.
Noisy neighbours didn't help but my experience is that that can be a lottery in any hotel.
Adequate breakfast provision, no Michellin stars but did the job. Good location for our purposes.
Staff were pleasant and professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay here at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am pleased to hear that you found the room to be clean and modern and that our location was good for your purposes. I am also happy to hear that you found our staff pleasant and professional and will be passing your kind comments on to the team.

I am sorry that you found the bed to be uncomfortable, I will be sure to pass your comments on to the maintenance team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before taking an early morning flight from Gatwick and it was perfect - clean, comfortable beds, good value, really easy to check in and out with no fuss, good bathroom facilities. Also it was a 10 minute shuttle bus journey to the airport which was ideal.

However I was really impressed with the service I received upon leaving: a few days later, I realised I had left my pyjamas in the room. I was abroad so simply emailed them and, they posted them to my home address without any fuss or charge. This was great customer service and I'd like to express my gratitude.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay here at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I read your comments with absolute delight and I am really glad that our team was able to return your pyjamas quickly and without a hitch and I will share your kind comments with the team.

I am pleased to read that you found our beds comfortable and our bathroom facilities good and as you mentioned in your review, we are just a short distance from Gatwick airport that can be easily accessed via a public bus service.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at Holiday Inn many times in the past but this was so far the worst ever stay that has compelled me to write a review. I stayed with my family for 2 nights during May bank holiday and the service I received was terrible. In the room for example, both soft and hard pillows were the same which suggested they ran out of pillows. The soap dispenser for the shower was broken and this simple thing was not fixed during my stay. However the worst experience I have had was the breakfast. The hotel did not have enough trays (may be 4 or 5 only). The lucky people who got the trays weren’t able to find anywhere to leave them after the breakfast. This was made worse by the hotel staff not clearing up and resulted in some tables being used as skip where people left huge pile of plates, cups and leftovers! This hotel has limited space in the breakfast area so I had to clear up the tables to make space for my family. By the way they do ran out of some items such as butter, nutella, juice, fresh fruits, coffee/hot drinks (only few mugs are available so you will be lucky to have one during busy periods). The kitchen staff on the other hand was not very efficient in replacing the cooked items either on time. This was the situation at 8.30pm in the morning on both mornings during my stay.

This may be a good hotel but from what I’ve seen is that the staff is unable to cope with the busy periods and maintain standards.

Room Tip: Get in breakfast early during busy holiday period otherwise you won't have any choices in the br...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aliaqat
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Aliaqat,

Thank you taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am extremely disappointed and saddened to hear about your experience and I would like to apologise for the issues you have raised. Customer service is of the upmost importance to myself and the team and your feedback regarding your experience is clearly this not the standard that our hotel aims to provide for our guests.

Our complimentary express start breakfast should be fully stocked and available to all guests during breakfast times and I will be working with our breakfast team to make sure that such an occurrence does not happen again.

With that being said, If you could kindly contact me directly at the hotel on deputygm@hiexpresscrawley.co.uk so I can discuss your feedback in more detail and have the opportunity to fully restore your confidence in us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and I hope to hear from you in due course.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hiexpress crawley hotel was easy to find, was clean, comfortable, friendly and affordable. The staff made our stay a very relaxing one. Excellent food in restaurant, friendly and efficient service in restaurant. Very good hotel in a great location and budget hotel near crawely town, Overall a great place to stay and value for money. Would definitely return again for service and very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Baynesr,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am delighted that you found your stay here to be an enjoyable, and that our staff made your stay a relaxing one. I will certainly be passing these kind comments on to the team with great pleasure.

I am pleased to hear that you found your room clean, comfortable and affordable and as you quite rightly mentioned, our desirable location means that we are only a short distance from Crawley town centre .

Guest Services manager

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Having spent two separate nights at this hotel during a long weekend holiday, am pleased to report a good experience with friendly staff, easy transfers to LGW, good car parking etc
The breakfast is standard Express, and the rooms are undergoing refurbishment, all the ground floor 100's seem to be done. Second floor rooms not so good, and fire doors can be noisy, but everything else worked well.

Room Tip: 100 series rooms have been refurbished
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Cliveratnagiri,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stays at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am delighted that you were impressed with our recently refurbished facilities and that you found the hotel conveniently located – just 10 minutes drive from Gatwick airport.

I am pleased to read that you found all of our staff to be friendly and it gave me great pleasure to be able to share such positive feedback with the team.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, free wifi and free cooked breakfast available made this a pleasant hotel to stay in. The area was approx 10 mins walk from Crawley centre, so nice and quiet for a good nights sleep as well as only a short distance from LGW.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for your review and choosing us for your accommodation needs.

I am happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our free Wifi and Breakfast.

I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and your comments have been shared with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.