“Excellent hotel for airport stopover or longer.”

Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel for airport stopover or longer.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was a very enjoyable stay from check in to check out over two nights. Booked in advance on the net and for £119 including breakfast, wifi and parking is good value.
The receptionist was friendly and efficient and explained everything we needed and we were in our room in minutes. Had room on third floor which was comfortable, quiet and clean. Bathroom was clean and clever use of space. Basic toiletries are provided. Wifi was good and free.
Breakfast was better than expected and included hot dishes. The staff were helpful and friendly.
There is plenty of parking on site and also on site is a Harvester pub with basic food. There is a large shopping centre about 10 minutes walk away with further options.
Gatwick Airport has easy access.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank valandroy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Although this hotel is on a busy roundabout, there is no traffic noise within. The staff were friendly, although my (very "people- focused") colleague made a point of saying "Good evening" as we passed reception, when staff appeared to ignore us as we came back at 5:30pm. On the second evening though, staff were friendly and chatted to us.

The layout of the restaurant is odd, although it boasts all the usual HIE breakfast items. I spent a while looking for things, plus guests waiting for toast blocked me from one quarter of the vestibule, I liked the height of the tables and chairs, but I didn't like the very watery orange juice.

Last niggle: the approach entrance and exit are, in my opinion, in the wrong order - when coming from the motorway (which I did) you have to go almost totally around the roundabout to find the entrance, plus you need to be quick to duck inside, as vehicles behind you - especially if they have been held up at the traffic lights - are accelerating around the bend behind you. They are not impressed when you brake to go right into the hotel car park! Reversing the entry and exit would make both easier to spot, save fuel, avoid boy racers running up your exhaust and the (new) exit would point you back towards the motorway and Gatwick Airport..

Would I return? Yes. Was the hotel quiet enough and clean? Yes.

IHG please note: I would have posted this review with you, but for this in your review terms small print "Your contact information and reservation confirmation number, check out date, and IHG® Rewards Club number will be available to the Hotel." No thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Management T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Clancolin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel clean and quiet and that you would return to our hotel in the future. I am also pleased that read our team were friendly although I was a little disappointed that your colleague was not wished a good evening.

Regarding your observation about posting the review directly on the IHG website, I would like to clarify that you do have the option of remaining anonymous in your review but in order to authenticate your stay, IHG reviews do require a confirmation number.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Guest Service Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley just for one night taking some friends back to Gatwick airport. It was a very nice and clean hotel, the breakfast was very good also. Nearby there was a Harvester pub/restaurant which was great, it was a good end to our friends holiday.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and subsequently scored us 5 out of 5.

I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage and enjoyed our complimentary Express Start breakfast and will pass these kind comments to our breakfast team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Services Manager
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Reasonably priced clean room and hotel with functional (for short stay) modern decor and furnishings.
Bed was not very comfortable.
Noisy neighbours didn't help but my experience is that that can be a lottery in any hotel.
Adequate breakfast provision, no Michellin stars but did the job. Good location for our purposes.
Staff were pleasant and professional.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay here at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am pleased to hear that you found the room to be clean and modern and that our location was good for your purposes. I am also happy to hear that you found our staff pleasant and professional and will be passing your kind comments on to the team.

I am sorry that you found the bed to be uncomfortable, I will be sure to pass your comments on to the maintenance team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Service Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before taking an early morning flight from Gatwick and it was perfect - clean, comfortable beds, good value, really easy to check in and out with no fuss, good bathroom facilities. Also it was a 10 minute shuttle bus journey to the airport which was ideal.

However I was really impressed with the service I received upon leaving: a few days later, I realised I had left my pyjamas in the room. I was abroad so simply emailed them and, they posted them to my home address without any fuss or charge. This was great customer service and I'd like to express my gratitude.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay here at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I read your comments with absolute delight and I am really glad that our team was able to return your pyjamas quickly and without a hitch and I will share your kind comments with the team.

I am pleased to read that you found our beds comfortable and our bathroom facilities good and as you mentioned in your review, we are just a short distance from Gatwick airport that can be easily accessed via a public bus service.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Services Manager
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at Holiday Inn many times in the past but this was so far the worst ever stay that has compelled me to write a review. I stayed with my family for 2 nights during May bank holiday and the service I received was terrible. In the room for example, both soft and hard pillows were the same which suggested they ran out of pillows. The soap dispenser for the shower was broken and this simple thing was not fixed during my stay. However the worst experience I have had was the breakfast. The hotel did not have enough trays (may be 4 or 5 only). The lucky people who got the trays weren’t able to find anywhere to leave them after the breakfast. This was made worse by the hotel staff not clearing up and resulted in some tables being used as skip where people left huge pile of plates, cups and leftovers! This hotel has limited space in the breakfast area so I had to clear up the tables to make space for my family. By the way they do ran out of some items such as butter, nutella, juice, fresh fruits, coffee/hot drinks (only few mugs are available so you will be lucky to have one during busy periods). The kitchen staff on the other hand was not very efficient in replacing the cooked items either on time. This was the situation at 8.30pm in the morning on both mornings during my stay.

This may be a good hotel but from what I’ve seen is that the staff is unable to cope with the busy periods and maintain standards.

Room Tip: Get in breakfast early during busy holiday period otherwise you won't have any choices in the br...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aliaqat
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Aliaqat,

Thank you taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am extremely disappointed and saddened to hear about your experience and I would like to apologise for the issues you have raised. Customer service is of the upmost importance to myself and the team and your feedback regarding your experience is clearly this not the standard that our hotel aims to provide for our guests.

Our complimentary express start breakfast should be fully stocked and available to all guests during breakfast times and I will be working with our breakfast team to make sure that such an occurrence does not happen again.

With that being said, If you could kindly contact me directly at the hotel on deputygm@hiexpresscrawley.co.uk so I can discuss your feedback in more detail and have the opportunity to fully restore your confidence in us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and I hope to hear from you in due course.
Kind Regards,

Katie Kitapci
Deputy General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hiexpress crawley hotel was easy to find, was clean, comfortable, friendly and affordable. The staff made our stay a very relaxing one. Excellent food in restaurant, friendly and efficient service in restaurant. Very good hotel in a great location and budget hotel near crawely town, Overall a great place to stay and value for money. Would definitely return again for service and very reasonable prices.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Baynesr,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am delighted that you found your stay here to be an enjoyable, and that our staff made your stay a relaxing one. I will certainly be passing these kind comments on to the team with great pleasure.

I am pleased to hear that you found your room clean, comfortable and affordable and as you quite rightly mentioned, our desirable location means that we are only a short distance from Crawley town centre .

Guest Services manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley? Share your experiences!