“not the best night sleep” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley

Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“not the best night sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in a family room on the ground floor. The room was newly decorated BUT we were located right next to a corridor fire door which SLAMMED shut EVERY time people went up and down the corridor. We eventually got to sleep just after 1230 BUT had to be up at 230 for a fvery early flight

The whole point of booking a hotel was to get more sleep as we had an early flight but if we have stated at home and got up at 1 we could have had FAR more sleep.

Please fix that door otherwise people will be having the same issue as us

Room Tip: dont get the room of the ground floor next to the fire door in the corridor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Natasha F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

I am very pleased that you selected us for your accommodation requirements; however I was saddened to read of the noise disturbance that you have mentioned in your review.

Customer service is of the utmost importance to myself and the team and your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel is not the level of care we endeavor to provide our guests.

With that being said, please contact me directly at the hotel on deputygm@hiexpresscrawley.co.uk so that I can discuss your comments with you in more depth and have the opportunity to fully restore your faith in us.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I regularly work in Crawley and need to stay over, and I sometimes use the HIE. Hotel is clean, staff are friendly and parking is easy and free. Although it feels like you are in the middle of no-where, it's actually a fairly short walk in to the 'delights' of Crawley.

Negative points - it can be very noisy, a lot of people staying in the hotel are travelling to and from Gatwick and are leaving/arriving at all kinds of random times - thin doors and walls etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear MikeDixonCM,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property and give us your feedback. I am happy to know that you liked our clean room, free parking, and friendly service. However, we apologize for the noise which has negatively impacted your stay with us. The review we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My most recent stay in a HIE was disappointing in Slough so my expectations weren't high. However, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again.

Reception was very polite and friendly without seeming scripted or "corporate" and check-in was very efficient. My room was in the "new" addition and was comfortable, much better equipped than the room I'd had previously in Slough, clean and most importantly (for me) very quiet, despite the hotel location on Crawley's "Squareabout".

I didn't use the bar as it isn't really a place for lingering - I lingered in the Harvester instead, which was my own fault as too much beer discouraged me from going and eating somewhere proper.

Check-out was efficient and also friendly and overall my stay was pretty good value.

So overall - very pleased.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Jorganmeister,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley. It is from Guests feedback that I am able to monitor and continually improve the level of service we provide to our guests.

I am delighted to read that the hotel and your bedroom exceeded your expectations and that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and efficient. Your kind feedback has been shared with the team in order to encourage them to keep up their hard work.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked this hotel as we needed to be in Horsham on Saturday and Sunday. It was worth it as we got a good price and there was ample car parking space.
Great service at the reception, our papers were ready and we were checked within 5 minutes.
We stayed on the ground floor but had to weave through the restaurant tables and chairs to get to the rooms:)
Spacious airy room, comfortable beds, nice bathroom and free WI-fi.
Good variety at breakfast in good quantities.
Overall nice experience for a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank toksebony
Dear Toksebony,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our free car parking and Express Start Breakfast.

I am happy that you found our front desk team friendly and efficient and your nice comments have been shared with them in order to galvanize them to continue their good work.

I hope that you will return to our hotel in the near future.

Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Smooth, polite check in. All documents ready for us. Room was excellent - the only concern was the lighting in the bathroom, it was adequate but quite dim. Breakfast as always was buffet style with limited choice but ample quantities. Check out equally smooth. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Toksebony,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have read your comments with great joy as they reflect the hard work and dedication every member of our team contributes to the hotels operations.

Thank you for bringing the brightness of the bathroom lighting to my attention, I will ensure that this is addressed with a member of our maintenance team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Markham, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise. Terrific service and very helpful staff the free wifi and breakfast provided were a very nice touch. The hotel is spotlessly clean. The rooms are nicely appointed and the price fair. Only suggestion is that more staff are required during the busy breakfast time

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Hjsandy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley. I am delighted we helped get your holiday off to a good start and that you were impressed with our level of cleanliness and recently refurbished facilities.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the level of customer service provided by our staff, it has been a pleasure to share your feedback with the Hotel team.

Please rest assured that you feedback regarding Breakfast will be used constructively to improve standards.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Night in between a Kent depot and West Sussex depot.

Pretty easy to find via satnav considering its not a straight forward drive round Crawley.

Large car park which was busy as not only a hotel but a harvester restaurant, but still plenty of spaces to park.

check in painless, free 'i' newspaper available.

Room quite warm (reception next morning said it has been an issue that week with the very nice weather, however due to their installed aircon, penguins would feel at home so a very good plus point of a ten min blast of aircon and temperature well reduced.

Rooms, for what is basically a budget type chain, i was well impressed (apart from the bed itself). Lovely room, well decorated and very nice bathroom.

My only real gripe, and one reason i don't use HI Express a lot, the bed. Not the comfiest in the world and less comfy than a travelodge which would be half the price. Please sort this massive issue out. I spend approx 60 days a year in hotels on business and first time i've used one of this brand fior three years due to the poor quality bed.

Apart from that, great hotel and staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Management T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Jon_Hall,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley.

I am delighted that you were impressed with our newly refurbished facilities and that you found the hotel to be conveniently located, well appointed, with effective air conditioning.

I am sorry that you find our Hypnos beds to be uncomfortable. I can assure you that all feedback is used constructively and your comments will be used to review and evaluate the facilities we provide.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley? Share your experiences!