“Pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel a great deal for the price paid. The room was not ready at the given time of check in, but were offered alternate rooms immediately. I loved the location and proximity to the Crawley town center and airport.
The rooms/hotel lobby was very clean and well attended. The breakfast was included and I was more than satisfied at the variety offered, including hot cooked breakfast items. The staff was very friendly and made the stay a wonderful one.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
himanagment, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2010

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel.

We hope that you will book with us in the near future and we will see you again soon!

Kind Regards

The Management Team

Reviewed 31 May 2010

I stayed here recently and was pleasently surprised how good the hotel was. The rooms were in a good condition, roomy and comfortable. It looks like they had been recently refurbished. The bathroom was spotless and the shower was good.

The bed itself was a little soft for my liking but I managed to get a good nights sleep.

The hotel has a harvester restaurant on site which is good as there is no bar/restaurant in the hotel. The harvester does good value food, but you might have to book on a friday or Saturday night as it does get busy.

Breakfast is supplied in the hotel, we had a good continental selection and a small but decent cooked selection. The hotel was a bit slow in clearing the tables at breakfast, and slow to replenish the food, so allow plenty of time.

The town centre is only a 15 minute walk away, where there are a few bars/restaurants to choose from.

Overall the hotel was good, and I would stay here again.

Thank you very much for your great commets,

we hope to see you again with us in the near future

Kind Redrads,

Reviewed 19 May 2010

We have stayed here twice now once as a couple and this time with a 2 year old. Staff were very helpful in arranging a cot for the room in advanced. The rooms are a brilliant size even with a 2 year old and toys etc. Shower room is spotless as was the room. Breakfast was light with plenty to choice from and ideal before a flight. We love the fact that we are next door to the harvester for a good meal the night before without having to travel. Would use again and again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your great comments regrading your stay,

we're extremely pleased that you had a wonderful saty and we hope that we will see you again with us in the near future,

With Best Regards

Reviewed 11 May 2010

I Have Meeting near Crawley I normally stay at the Primer inn but they were fully booked, Luckily Holiday Inn Express Crawley had one room available, - I was great with a friendly manner - quick check in and check out, free breakfast with is included with the room rate which may i say was nice and hot, plus the room are lovely and new - very clean hotel with friendly staff..... and free parking ...... I would recommend this Hotel, - One negative - lack of lager or beer options, idea have another brand, over all great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel.

We are currently looking inot widening our bar stock as our bar is still very new, so we hope that you will see us in the near future to experience this.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 May 2010

stayed here on fri 30th of april,, the good points, only 1 train station stop from gatwick airport, very friendly staff, rooms quite big and great size bed, over 100 channels on tv, very clean,their is a pub offering dinner for 5 pounds up to 5.30pm ever day wich is very good value right outside the hotel,no the bad points,, 15 minute walk from train station, no shop within 15 minutes of hotel so if u want snacks get them b4 u arrive, i asked for a wake up call at 6.30am to catch my flite, no wake up call( just aswell the couple in the next room were having a row all nite, i could not sleep, after i paid cash for my room(wich was a very reasonable 34 pounds) the wanted my credit card to well idont what really they had the payment,, so just to keep the peace igave it however when i came home i was checking my bank 4 days later to find they took the payment of my card???? that was 2 and a half weeks ago and i am still waiting on my money back,, i had to get my bank statment then fax it across to the hotel with a small note to explain what they did even though they could clearly see on their computer that an error had been made???? still waiting on my 34 pounds, not alot i know but i would rather have in my pocket than there's, i would stay here again but would just tell them them i have not got a credit card and they will just have TO TAKECASH AND TRUST ME

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This hotel is well located close to Gatwick Airport
Stayed here with family for 1 night before we flew out to the states on holiday
Staffs are generally friendly and efficient especially shahzad who recommended a great Italian restaurant in town. Check in was very quick. The room was fine, Spotless clean, nice size, lovely bathroom and a large comfy clean bed. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room, we had an early flight on request breakfast was delivered to our room.
Normally I stay in crown plaza but now I prefer this hotel to stay when flying from Gatwick.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Overall a good nights stay. My wife and I always stay here the night before we come back to the states. Saves having to deal with the traffic on the M25. The rates are cheap so don't expect a 5 star hotel. I like it for it's convenience to the airport and the Harvester Restaurant located in the same parking lot. Only one downside this time. This hotel is expanding and there is limited parking. I was told this will end in the next couple of months once all of the construction has left.

• Stayed: March 2010