Convenient hotel for Gatwick airport (about 5 mins. drive away) but we had problems checking in and checking out. We booked via Travel Republic and at check in, our booked was showing as unconfirmed (ie. unpaid), even though we had paid in full a week before. This took about an hour to sort out until we had our room. Hotel was busy and 2pm check in was not available as they were not ready. When we were finally in, our '3 adult triple room' did not exist - all rooms were standard doubles with a sofa bed. I guess this is the fault of Travel republic again for advertising types of room that don't exist.
Location wise, this is ok with a Harvester in the car park so ok if you like fried food! It was noisy at night as hotel is situated on a 'squarebout' with traffic on 4 sides and even having the window open a tiny bit let a lot of noise in. Room was cramped with the sofa bed out but it was clean.
Breakfast was ok - but no bacon (as advertised on tv!).
At check out, we had problems again and we were asked to pay a balance of £35. No idea where this figure came from. Again, had to ring up Travel Republic and get them to confirm things so that we were free to leave. As in previous reviews, I don't think this is an isolated incident and we did not want to end up paying twice and not getting refunded.
Tip: there are playing fields opposite if you squeeze through gap in the hedge and a playground at the far right, so if your kids needs a run and some fun, this is a good place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley Hotel is located just 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport & less than 10 minutes from J/10 of M23. We offer onsite parking for residents at a rate of £7 per day. Three Bridges & Crawley stations are walking distance & offer's easy links to Brighton, London & beyond. Crawley Town center with selective shops and restaurants is at pleasant walking distance. Buses go to Gatwick and Crawley including Manor Royal. Ideally situated for both leisure & business travelers the hotel has Free Wireless Internet access in all areas. All bedrooms offer TV with free view satellite channels, telephone, tea & coffee facilities, and hairdryer, dry cleaning & power showers. Complimentary continental buffet breakfast with selective hot items served for all guests. The Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley has a well equipped meeting room seating up to 25 people, rates starting from just £85. Local attractions include The Hawth Theatre. K2 Leisure Centre. Tilgate Forest Golf Course & County Mall Shopping Centre. You could also visit the nearby Hever Castle, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn. Biggin Hill. Chessington World of Adventure & Thorpe Park,Nearby Towns include Horsham, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Reigate & Redhill. Adjacent to the hotel is the Harvester restaurant, serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm, famous for their flame grilled steaks, spit roast chicken, and salad cart. This is a non smoking hotel but with designated area for smokers. Hotel has air-conditioned Bar with flat screen TV and satellite channels which also serve snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley Hotel Crawley
- Holiday Inn Express Crawley
- Holiday Inn Crawley
- Crawley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley West Sussex