“Excellent But expensive food”

Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent But expensive food”
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed there for a night before flying off to sunny barbados very pleasent staff & They catered for my needs my only down side is the price of the food it is so expensive

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brisbane-Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Stayed here for one night whilst touring. Hotel is clean, tidy, beds are comfortable, bathroom is modern, TV is good. There is no restaurant in the building but there is a Harvester pub in the carpark. I thought it may be noisy on a Saturday night but I didn't hear a thing. Breakfat was included in the price and there was enough choice for me. Despite what the Holiday Inn website says, there is no charge for parking so this is a very economical an comfortable hotel. No free wifi though

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
East Anglia
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Stayed here for one night before flying from Gatwick , Check in was quick , Rooms were immaculate and spotless , Lovely beds and my son said the sofa bed was really soft and the best he has slept on ! Lol ! Shower was wonderful felt really refreshed and awake after using it :)
Breakfast was very nice too , Plenty of choice to kickstart your day also juices and preserves etc !

Staff were really great , Really helped us for local information etc .

Would stay at this hotel again from sure if I was in the area or flying from Gatwick .

Staff keep up the good work :)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
himanagment, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley, responded to this review, 25 November 2010
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback and it is pleasing to hear you had such a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you're flying from Gatwick.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2010

As usual, HI Express is very comfortable hotel and great value for money. I've stayed only few hours there (late arrival and early departure), but that was good choice. From Gatwick the easiest way is to take Metrobus #20 - after leaving arrivals, follow sign to US Airways lounge, leave the building, bus stop is on the opposite side of the road, use tunnel). Bus stop is just near the hotel. The same in the morning (even early morning). Check-in staff was very friendly and with nice smile on their faces. Room clean, comfortable, bathroom great and I really liked bathroom cosmetics. Wake-up call as requested. Breakfast was included, but I couldn't use it because of the very early check-out (I didn't want to use it, but I'm sure it was all right). Coffe/tea maker in the room. I'm sure, next time I will be more than happy to book this hotel and stay there even for few hours.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank marqoos_pl
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and I am pleased you had a good experience with us. I am glad to hear you found the Metrobus service to be relatively easy to use and we will be pleased to welcome you back to the hotel next time you're flying from Gatwick.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I stayed here for one night when I landed late at Gatwick and was so pleasantly surprised - most airport hotels I have stayed in have been awful. I got a fantastic rate on this room and it got a good rating on Tripadvisor so I took the room.

The rooms are so modern and new - they look fantastic. The breakfast was amazing and the reception staff lovely. It is 8 miles from the airport but the taxi cost 16 pounds. When I remonstrated with the taxi company that the hotel was advertised as being at Gatwick he said "ask them when you are there how close it is to Gatwick". Nevertheless the ride was fast and I think the taxi companies are really expensive. The bus is way better and I do not think the distance is misrepresented on the website. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank in-situLondon
england
Reviewed 11 September 2010

We stayed in a wheelchair accessible room as I am disabled. The room was of a good size, spotlessly clean, and a nice flat screen TV. My favorite thing was the wet room, with pull down seat in the shower. Most hotels offer wheelchair accessible rooms but very few include a wet room. Service on check in was efficient and friendly. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. A very peaceful nights sleep. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mimbari
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I stayed down at this hotel as I know they're always reasonable quality and reliable, but to be honest the spec on the new rooms was a lot higher than I expected. Nice big flat screen TV, useable storage etc, a much nicer than expected bed and soft and hard pillows. Couldn't have been better. The staff were helpful and friendly too. Anyway, hotels around Crawley are notorious for bad sleep, but with the windows and curtains there was barely any noise and I went out like a baby - much like my opponents at the jiu jitsu tournement I was competing in the next day.

Breakfast looked good - all laid on with coffee, juice, scrambled eggs looked great but sadly I couldn't tuck in - had to watch my weight. Oh well, there's always next time...

Will definitely be my first choice hotel next time I have to stay in that area or travel down to Brighton...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, we are very pleased to have surpassed your expectations and glad you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley? Share your experiences!