“Cheap overnight stay.”

Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
suffolk
“Cheap overnight stay.”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before our flight, for the price we paid I can't complain. The room was better than expected, we ate out in the nearby village. Staff friendly and helpful except for a young lad working behind the bar, who really couldn't be bothered to be polite. I would use this hotel again for the same purpose of a night stay.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank loulou097

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Czech first
england
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at the europa for one night 30th september before we flew out to egypt i must admit i was dreading it after reading the bad reviews, we never had a problem check in was fine and the staff very pleasant and helpful, the room was ok in size tired but fine for a night and quite comfortable and clean we did speak to someone who complained about there room and they did move them without any fuss. We had breakfast there and a all you could eat breakfast was £6 and it was all hot and we had no problems with that. The shuttle bus was fine and they did upgrade us to meet and greet for our parking which i was very pleased with, reference parking we must admit it was very difficult to find a space it took us a good 10 minutes and cars were parked all over the place, we did find one in the end then was told to park somewhere else so the company could pick up our car so no problems.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank valmccormack42
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We arrived late on a Friday evening before flying from Gatwick on Saturday morning. When we arrived there was a wedding reception in full swing, this could be heard clearly from our room.

The room itself was old fashioned, and everything was covered in a film of dust. In the bathroom there was a used piece of soap with a previous guests hair stuck to it. Revolting. The room was freezing cold as the weather had just turned, but the heating wouldn't work. I asked at reception how to use it, and was told that it didn't get switched on until later in the year. The receptionist agreed that it was freezing and I asked to speak to a manager. A lady came over and said that the heating was working, but it was on a timer. I asked her when I could expect it to come on - and she said that she didn't know as it was controlled by head office. It never did come on. She was very proud to tell me that they could provide heaters for guests to use, yet when I asked for one there were non available. The walls in the hotel are extremely thin, I could hear people coughing in other rooms and footsteps in the corridor throughout the night.

Breakfast was a buffet of dreadfully overcooked and dried out sausages, rubbery eggs, and salty bacon. If you are looking for somewhere to stay for easy access to Gatwick - I'd suggest paying a little more to stay somewhere else, you will save this money on the taxi fair.

If every other hotel were booked up, I'd suggest sleeping in on the side of the motorway in a bin bag. It would be warmer, quieter, and cleaner.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank radiodave102FM
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
We were sorry to read you were dissatisfied with your stay. We will certainly address the bedroom issues with our housekeeping team and we have purchased more heaters for our guests to use when required. Thank you for your feedback.
Willerby
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Parking here is a lottery as there are twice as many cars in the car park than rooms in the hotel due to it being an airport parking hotel. I tried to check in using my name and address which staggeringly was not possible, once I had stood in reception for ten minutes trying to gain access to my email on my smartphone for a booking reference, I got the key... The room was in the annex part of the hotel which was clean and adequate as was the rest of the hotel. Overall quite average

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank johnrholmes1
We were sorry to read it took some time for you to check in. We only require your name and/or booking reference number and apologise if this was not organised efficiently for you.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Hotel is very conveniently located just minutes from Gatwick but is close to M23 and some rooms are very noisy even with the double glazing. The design of the hotel is Spanish style but sadly looks neglected and needs refurbishment. The rooms lack some TLC but are clean. Service was very good and as I suppose you expect in this area many of the staff are of Eastern European origin. Breakfast is a very basic affair and the carvery style evening meal of poor value for money.
Hotel is popular overnight stay before or after flying and isn't affected by aircraft noise.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. We were pleased you seemed satisfied with your stay at the Europa. We do have a rolling maintenance/decorating programme in place at the Europa but as you will appreciate, this will take some time to complete.
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

I had my wedding here on 12th March this year. It was such a lovely day. We had the reception at the hotel and they did everything that we wanted. The package and extras that we added on made the day 'ours'
In my opinion the hotel did a fantastic job making our wedding a day to remember. The reception room we had looked great and all our guest commented on the day as being great.
I would recommend having this hotel to get married or to have your reception here if your looking for a hotel that has you in mind when planning your big day.

Stayed March 2012
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to read you were very happy with your Wedding Reception at the Europa. We hope that we may be of service to you again some time in the future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel after leaving the car parked here for two weeks while we went on holiday abroad. As our flight got in at half one in the morning we decided it would be a good idea to stay over somewhere and only paid £90 for the parking and hotel.

Despite the cramped car park full of pot holes, our first impression of the outside of the hotel was good. However, the interior let the hotel down. The main foyer is quite old fashioned and outdated.

Check in was quick and easy and we were informed that we'd been upgraded to a 'superior' room. If our room was superior then I dread to think what the standard rooms are like!

As soon as we walked into the room it had a stale, foisty smell which was quite unpleasant and the bath/shower was nowhere near as clean as it should have been. The bed had a paper thin matress and only one pillow each which led both me and my other half to have a pretty awful nights sleep.

Neither of us were very impressed that to have a cooked breakfast that morning it would cost us £12.50 each! We decided we would be much better off stopping on the way home to have something to eat somewhere else.

Check out was also quick and easy but that's about the only good thing I can say. The whole place needs renovating as is far too outdated. Although it was very cheap, you most definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you for posting your review. Your feedback has been noted and will be addressed at our management meeting.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
#15 of 28 in Crawley
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley

Been to Europa Gatwick Hotel? Share your experiences!