Europa Gatwick Hotel
US$97
US$124
  • Free Internet
3,003 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night before flying home to Scotland. I booked this hotel as it was advertized as an airport hotel! We arrived and after an unwelcoming registration we asked where the lift was to get our 2 very heavy suitcases up to our room (there was no help in this department), The receptionist pointed and grunted at the stairs! It was just as well we are reasonably strong and fit.....

The room was horrible. The furniture was dark and ugly, the walls were stained and the room had a nasty musty odor. The mattress was saggy, lumpy and had bits of metal sticking out the edges. The blankets were ancient and threadbare. As it was after midnight when we checked in, we decided to put up with it and make our escape as soon as possible. I never slept a wink. It was raining heavily and the gutter outside our window had split so we had Niagra Falls roaring for most of the night.

The breakfast was decent but definately not worth the £12 we paid.

All in all, I would NEVER recommend this hotel, there are better ones actually at the airport (Europa is 15 mins drive away).

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tabs666
Reviewed 16 August 2008

A group of 15 of us stayed here the night before and after a friend's wedding (thank god the wedding did not take place at the hotel). After a promising friendly helpful check in, things went downhill fast. Rooms are very tired, bedframe material ripped, bedding was old - the blankets must be at least 20 years old. In fact, the whole place needs complete renovation.
Dinner at the restaurant was unbelievably bad - buffet/carvery style, and the food looked like it had been out for a week - even the pasta dish looked inedible (and let's face it, it's pretty hard to mess up a pasta dish). We were then charged £14.50 for the priviledge. I was amazed the next morning to find out that none of our party got food poisining.... Wine was undrinkable - firstly warm white wine, then they managed to find cold white wine, but it was still disgusting. Tried the red which was also very poor quality. If you do end up staying here, avoid the food and wine! We also got no service with dinner or breakfast, had to ask for every single thing which was very frustrating.

To top it all off we returned after our friend's wedding and wanted a nightcap - we were treated like dirt by the staff, who assumed we were from the wedding going on in the hotel in which a few unsavoury characters had caused trouble...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for a cheapy night in a hotel esp with a group of people, but the culmination of all these things has made me write this review - we were all really disappointed with our stay.

All I can say is 'well overdue for renovation' (interior and most of the staff)

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 3 August 2008

oh my god stay away from this dump! my husband and i were overnighting here as we were flying to the caribbean the next morning. the hotel looks ok from the outside but once you get in..... scary stuff. the room smelt musty, the bed was not comfortable, the window was jammed, the walls were all marked, it was just awful awful awful!!! i literally did not sleep all night. i cannot believe my travel agent recommended this place. i also cannot believe people have their wedding receptions here. europa buck up your ideas. you are a disgrace to the hotel industry.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2008

Glad I did not read reviews because I did not find it bad at all and I would have missed out on a very peaceful and relaxing overnight stay! Check out the gardens!
Room was fine. bed ok, bathroom ok.
Meal in bar was lovely, very tasty and plenty of it, and even though the hotel was very busy the staff were great and very helpful.
You get what you pay for and I was very pleased with the deal that I got.
Would definately use this hotel again for Gatwick.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Was well appointed once but now is very dated and shabby. Bit like England really.
Is a very busy hotel making stacks of money for someone.
Needs some serious rennovation now....

also 11.50 pounds for breakfast is a toal rip off

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Hycalog