Europa Gatwick Hotel
US$174
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
ibis
  • Restaurant
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
2,985 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

First impression from the outside of building was very good - exotic hotel.
Inside, a different matter.
Expensive for what it is. Average beds, cheap shower gel and shampoo and 1 showercap to share between us (2 twin beds and a bunk bed).
We never got our wake up call, obviously thankfully we took our alarm clocks just in case.
Our taxi that was booked ahead was never recorded.
Our shower was either freezing cold or boiling hot, almost impossible to get the in between heat.

• Stayed: March 2014
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. We do have a Duty Manager on shift at all times.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here in 2012 and booked again this year, parking was even easier and the room was clean with a lovely bed. The cost worked out exactly the same as getting airport parking on its own- so this was fantastic value and was a great start to the holiday.

Will definitely stay here again when next flying from Gatwick.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. Nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The building itself is lovely and looks very exotic but inside very dull and dated. I spent Christmas here and the food was cheap and nasty just like the breakfast and the service was poor. There is not much to do during the day and the entertainment is not much better during the evening. The hot tub was lovely but was shocked when I went to enter the pool as the water was ice cold! Would not recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sineadjay

Thank you for your comments. We do not have entertainment during the day or evening. The pool temperature is taken at interval times by the Leisure Team.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I Had the misfortune to stay in this hotel a part of a National coaches package on a visit to Wembley. National coaches should be ashamed of the fact that they were prepared to put their customers into such an appalling hotel.
On arrival I was given a room key but as I made my way to the room I could smell a distinct smell of dampness. as I opened the room door the smell was overpowering. the room was filthy and was in a disgusting condition. The furnishings we in a filthy condition and the carpet was stained and hadn't been hovered for sometime. I travel regularly and have visited some 3rd world country's but I have never seen a room in such a filthy state.
When I complained the receptionist could not have been less interested and simply said "we are full"
I visited the bar area which was little better than the room and stood in a queue of 40 people waiting to be served , when we finally reached the front we were told there was no food available but were shown a menu for the local Turkish takeaway and was told they deliver to the hotel
. I actually witnessed residents ordering takeaways to eat in the hotel lounge.
After a night without sleep because of the filthy room and smell I had a cold shower and went for breakfast. I was astonished at the foul disgusting food that was on display. some dried fried bread, a few scraps of Bacon and two bowls of bean juice and tomato juice but no sign of the beans or tomatoes. No tea, Coffee , or fruit juice. the staff had nothing left and didn't seem concerned by it.
This is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed and the Crawley environmental health team need to inspect this hotel as it is not fit for human habitation nor should it be allowed to supply food.
National holidays should be ashamed of the fact that it books its customers into such a disgusting hotel and I for one would never trust this company again .
Don't stay here its a health hazard.

Room Tip: simply don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bobc252
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your comments, your complaint is being dealt with at the Hotel.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Never ever go here. Rude service,horrible dirty rooms with very small uncomfortable beds. Overcharged with no apology. attempted to overcharge and treated us like you were stupid. Was a budget option after flying in from abroad but compared to other budget hotels was truly awful. The worst hotel I have ever stepped foot in and I advise noone to go near, the Ibis is same price and so so much better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. The Lodge rooms do have a smaller bed which is mentioned on all of the websites.