“Europa...Eurawful”

Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Europa...Eurawful”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

stayed with coach holiday group.Hotel dirty,room not serviced for whole 4 night stay.Had to ask for clean cups ,tea ,coffee,towels etc.When I complained I was offered a free dinner ...pointless as I was on a package with dinner.Also had no sleep the first night due to people above jumping around & making our light fitting rattle.We rang reception &were told that they would sort out the noise.However when I spoke to the duty manager nothing had been noted in that night's record !!So not surprised we were awake still at 4am1.Having stayed in a few Britannia Hotels, the Europa was certainly not up to standard

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Susan3146
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. We apologise if you did not receive any tea/coffee etc as this is normally done every day. Reception do keep a supply. On a four day stay, bedding should have been changed on 2nd day then on departure.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Czech first
newcastle
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just returned yesterday from a 3 night stay to Legoland and Peppa pig, both attractions are between 1hour and 2 hours from hotel. The hotel was ok but like all reviews I have to agree the hotel needs a good clean the dust is unreal and the furniture is very dated, i couldnt let my daughter near the bedroom window and the nets and curtains were very dirty and smelt really bad, the carpet had loads of stains on too, they dont cater for kids but I asked and they did cook my daughter sausage and chips, ask for ice cream as it is available just they dont advertise it, the chocolate cake is very dry so try the other cakes instead as they dont do cream or custard etc, the lager from the bar wasnt very cold either so might be better off ordering bottled beer, there is a nice pub down the road from the hotel, no hot water until 7am, breakfast was cold on last day and beware of the fried eggs as they were all watery, overall had a canny holiday though, we had room 2165 and had to lift our cases up 2 flights of stairs.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel if possible, national holidays should not be using places like this
5 Thank caroleNewcastle
Thank y ou for your comments. The Chef will cater for childrens meals but this is on request only as we do not have the room to display anymore food. The hotel is dated but we are waiting for new carpet and some new furniture. The leisure facilities were included in your package but there are special times for children to be allowed in the pool.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel is tired and needs a bit of money and time spent on it. I was surprised to see a wedding party there! If I managed or owned this hotel I would not offer this service!!
The furniture needs replacing, needs some paint....just some TLC!!
As for room service, I could not get anyone to answer, even after several attempts!!! Then ended up going to the bar to see one member of staff tending the bar, taking calls for room service and delivering room service!!!!
I would not go back to this hotel as there are better ones for the price!!!
On a good note, the food was very good.

The photos on the website for this hotel is much better than in person!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deanna39
Thank you for your comments. The hotel is old, we are waiting news on new carpet and furniture. We are pleased that you enjoyed the food.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel is in urgent need of updating with decor and decent cleaners.. The hotel stunk of mould, our room was in poor condition, wall paper ripped on the walls, damp on all the ceilings, a hole in the carpet, tv remote broke to an old fashioned tv in our room. We asked room service to service are rooms all they done was put clean towels on the bed. (Didn't change the bed sheets or make the beds, didn't Hoover the room or clean the bathroom. The shower curtain was dirty and stained at the bottom. As for the mattress's on the beds i would have had a better nights sleep on a bed of nails. Wi-fi didn't exists unless u were practically sat on the reception. In our booking it stated we had free wi-fi, parking and use of the facilities... Only thing free was car park but be lucky to get a space.. We were charged to use the pool, which was freezing cold, tiny and changing rooms dirty. Pictures on their site defiantly int what you see when you arrive. Staff are very unhelpful to assist in making your stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel..
3 Thank Beckypurnell
EuropaGatwick, Guest Relations Manager at Europa Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your comments.

The hotel is old, we are waiting for carpet and funiture. We have plenty of car parking spaces all around the hotel. The leisure facilities are chargeable, there are no websites that state this is free. Wifi is only available in the lobby area.
Nuthurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Avoid like the plague!!! Stay in a premier inn, trust me, it's appalling! I walked out, I should imagine prison accommodation would be nicer, Peter Barlow has it better! Really should be wiped off all online booking sites. The staff are zombies, the lodge just smelt like a smoking friendly curry house, the room was abysmal, stained carpets, a work-mate for a bed. In the bar lounge area it was like a building site - the people that is. All shaven headed tattoo'd hulks getting beer'd up. Wow, hell in Crawley!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob C
Thank you for your comments.

We are sorry that you left, we do have a Duty Manager on shift that would have moved your room into the main building.
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was a birthday treat for my seven year old grandson visiting Monkey World and Chessington Adventure Park with National Coach Holidays. Unfortunately we were taken to the Europa Gatwick. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It is dirty with old shabby furniture. The staff were very rude to me when I tried to enter the dining room at 6.30 for evening meal. I had originally been told by the driver that we had to dine at 8.30 and when I complained that this was too late for my young grandson he arranged for people with children to go at 6.30. The head waiter was very unpleasant and rude. The food was very poor quality. On the first night they ran out of food. There was never enough sweets for everyone. The toaster was broken so there was no toast for breakfast but there was chips!! . Everything that has been said by previous reviewers is correct. National Holidays should stop sending their customers to this hotel or else they will have no customers left. . .

Room Tip: dont go to his hotel
2 Thank Brenda M
Thank you for your comments. We apologise for the lack of communication between whoever the driver made arrangements with, and the restaurant staff with regards to the early dinner times. The serving of chips is a policy carried out from Head Office. We also apologise for the toaster being out of order. The hotel is old, we are waiting on new carpet and some new furniture.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have stayed at anywhere in the world! We were a family of five, 3 adults and 2 children staying overnight before our early morning. I did not have high expectations of the hotel given the extremely low price and the fact that I had rung them 3 times to ask for email confirmation of my booking to be sent to me and it never had been. However, I was totally appalled at what greeted us when we stepped foot in the door. The staff were friendly enough but it was the decor and dirtyness that shocked me. Our room was disgusting, mold in bathorom, blood stain on valance sheet, worn out carpet, tomato ketchup stains on walls I could go on. I am no snob but I expect a decent level of cleanliness in a hotel. The Primer Inn/Travel lodge would look like 5 star luxury compared to this absolute dump.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel!
3 Thank Kate R
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry for the cleanliness of the room. We do have a Duty Manager on shift at all times who would certainly have moved your room. We are awaiting for new carpet. The furniture in the hotel is old, the hotel is not mordern or contemporary.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
#15 of 28 in Crawley
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley

Been to Europa Gatwick Hotel? Share your experiences!