Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
US$97
US$124
  • Free Internet
1,944 results
All reviewsstayed herepurple parkingcar parkaph parkingnext morningsteam roomthree bridgesmeet and greetan early flightparking packagebooked this hotelroom was largehotel stayfamily roomreception staffdays parkingholiday extras
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed here overnight before taking a flight. - 91 pounds - great value. Large, clean, quiet room, comfortable beds, helpful staff, - what more can one ask for for that price?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The pleasant welcome from the reception staff immediately marked this out as different from most airport hotels in this grade/price range. The whole place was bright and well-kept. Unusually, I had breakfast before I left (pay on reservation or check-in for a reduced price) and it was a very good selection of good food: again. I would definitely recommend and would stay there again. It is a but further from the airport than a lot of the places on offer, but a much more pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Like most people, we signed up for the one night accommodation (26 Nov) and parking deal for an early morning Gatwick departure.

When I phoned to confirm the address, my first impression of the place was good, when we arrived the staff were friendly and very welcoming.

We went to our room on the 4th floor and there was a slight musty smell in the room, however it was nicely decorated and quite spacious, large bed and TV etc.

Then there were the little things that let the side down, there was some kind of food that was stuck to the table and going mouldy (see picture), the electrical socket next to the bed was loose, the bedside table had sticky marks on it, the access panel to the toilet flush mechanism was ajar and there was a bit of mould/mildew in the bath/shower.

I suspect that 90% of the people that stay in the hotel stay for one night and treat the room with no respect so I could understand the place being a little shabby, but it wasn't that, it was just a lack of proper cleaning, airing and maintenance - although I admit you'd need a pretty rigorous maintenance schedule to spot a loose electrical face-plate.

If I would have been paying 4-5 star pricing for a hotel room on it's own I would have been very disappointed, but given what it was, it was excellent value for money.

All things considered - I'd willingly go back there but I'd just as soon stay at the Hilton at the airport as well, which despite being a similar proposition and a bit more expensive (but not available when we booked) just seemed to cope a bit better with the through traffic.

Having said that, if I could be assured of a proper clean and servicing of the room (I think it was 411 / 412 / 415 - at the front in the middle anyway) I would save £50 and do the Ramada again over the Hilton.

When we checked out the staff were courteous and friendly and I felt a bit sad that the front of house staff that were doing such a great job had been let down a bit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Thankyou for your detailed and honest review. I will of course take your comments up with our housekeeping department regarding the marks and maintenence issues in your room. this is an areas we like to think we pay a lot of attention to..however accepted on this occasion we missed some things. Your comments regarding the team at the hotel and general ambience appreciated. I hope you will come and stay (and review us) again.
Tony Fletcher GM

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed here for one night on a business trip flying in to Gatwick. Very convenient for airport but well away from flight paths so relatively quiet. Thought the Taxi from airport was expensive at £16 for a 4 mile trip.

Check in staff very friendly and helpful, Room was very comfortable, problem with the loo flush was rectified almost instantly when reported to reception. Ate in the bar and had some of the best fish and chips ever!

Breakfast was excellent quality.

Overall really liked this hotel apart from a noisy bathroom extractor fan!

Room Tip: If you think the bathroom extractor fan is too noisy ask to be moved as it can be very intrusive in the dead of night
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bobsatravellin
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you very much for your comments. It is great to receive good feedback from our guests. There is actually a shuttle bus that runs directly from the airport to our hotel which is only £3.20pp and if you phone a taxi company as opposed to getting one of the taxis waiting at the airport you can save a lot of money on taxi fares. I must apologise for the noisy extractor in your bathroom. As stated however if there are any problems with any rooms then we are happy to accommodate any of our guests by switching rooms. We do hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Good location obviously for Gatwick and out of London stay. Good food, friendly, helpful staff. Nice clean rooms, very quiet

Room Tip: All rooms good, basic is fine
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback, it is always a pleasure to see good comments and feedback coming through. However it was disappointing to see that you only scored us 3/5 overall without mentioning any negatives in your feedback. It would be great to receive some more information in regards to any problems that you encountered either via private message on here or if you would like to send me an email at gm@ramadahotelgatwick.co.uk that would be great. We do hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future.