“ramada, right on!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
somerset
“ramada, right on!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

got in late from gatwick, too tired to drive, so went there on a last minute decision, very welcoming, charming receptionist, reasonable prices, comfy rooms, cant fault it

Room Tip: they all look pretty much the same
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Very pleased to know that you enjoyed our hospitality extended to you by our team at Ramada Plaza London Gatwick. Team is delighted by your comments.

Hoping to see you soon in near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
England-Grew up Largo, Fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel the night before a morning flight.

The bathroom was mould city - on taps, shower, bath, floor. Disgusting.

Room was old and had stains all over the rug, carpet. Chips in furniture, etc.

I would never stay in this hotel again - at least until they spend a few quid on fixing the place up.

Room Tip: Simple tip - if you want a clean room don't stay here.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick B
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
I am obviously very concerned to read your comments on the condition of the room. Please accept my sincere personal apologies for these shortfalls. Your comments are being taken very seriously and this will be dealt with following further investigation.

I can assure you that the procedures are in place to maintain our room quality.
Herefordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Excellent value overnight stay, booked through holiday extras and got room and parking for 2 weeks £90 ish
Big clean room, good bed, had beers and sandwiches in the bar. For a pre flight hotel
Efficient and helpful staff
Certainly beats driving through the night for an early flight
Would stay again

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank biggyg
I am overwhelmed by your comments and it shows that my team has delivered impeccable service to you and family during your stay. Wherever possible we try to go the extra mile for our guests.

I have fed back your comments to my team and they are all very pleased.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, which is not only good advertisement, but also provides our future guests a better understanding of the location.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We booked as a package including two weeks parking at Airparks Gatwick.
All was organised efficiently and parking for one night at the hotel was included for free. A rather anonymous hotel but fine for a one night stay. Dinner at the hotel was OK but nothing special. Would stay again as good value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tony F, Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for taking time out gives us feedback.
I am happy that you find the offer value for money and will stay with us again.
I have reviewed the rating and I believe you may have more feedback for us to improve our service, please feel free to email me with your comment on operations@ramadahotelgatwick.co.uk.
Berkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed here night before flying out to Tenerife early the following morning, got a special rate through the Daily Telegraph.

The room was clean and very large. We had a double and a single bed which was a convenient as I had my baby with us which I had "neglected" to mention on check-in as I couldn't get the Telegraph offer if he was added to the booking ;-) The bathroom was clean but looked dated.

We didn't eat at the hotel, so we can't comment.

You have to pay for parking at the hotel though there is nothing on their website to mention this but residents receive a special rate.

For those who need provisions there is a 24hr Tesco superstore around the corner (10 minutes walk), so the front desk for directions. I walked there at 23:30 at night, completely safe.

I would stay here again provided the price was right.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank johnnyuk
Thank you for the feedback and its nice to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and you find our hotel good value for money.
My team is pleased with your comment, as they put great effort to make our entire guest stay enjoyable and comfortable.

We update our website regularly, so please look out for value offers on our website.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here one night for morning flight. Got a great deal with a parking for a week. Check in very quick and easy staff polite,friendly and helpful, asking if we knew where to take our car, times of restaurant and time bar served food. Room large and had everything we needed tea coffee comfy bed nice clean good sized bathroom. Went to the bar for a drink and had dinner there food was excellent. Again staff polite and friendly. Bar prices not cheap but all hotels around that area are so not surprised. Check out in the morning was also quick and easy and staff bright and happy even early in the morning. Would stay again for sure for the price you could not beat it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team is overwhelmed with your comment on our service.
We regularly update our website for special packages and try to be real value for money hotel for our guest.

I and my team will wait to welcome you and family in near future.
Kent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed in the hotel for one night and decided to try the restaurant. Ordered the brasserie chicken stack, a chicken burger with fresh chicken breast. Burger came out looking nicely grilled but took one bite and realised I was eating a 95% raw chicken breast! Unbelievable, I am currently waiting for food poisoning to kick in! Burger replaced quite quickly but issue not resolved satisfactory. Money back only after much discussions and only then for my meal alone! Will see what local environmental health have to say on Monday! On a positive note rooms are ok! Stay here but eat at your own risk!

• Stayed January 2012