Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
US$97
US$124
  • Free Internet
1,946 results
All reviewsstayed herepurple parkingcar parkaph parkingnext morningsteam roomthree bridgesmeet and greetan early flightparking packagebooked this hotelroom was largehotel stayfamily roomreception staffdays parkingholiday extras
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The hotel was booked for an early flight the following day and included parking. The hotel was presentable and the staff friendly and helpful. The restaurant was good for the price and overall we had a good stay. We needed to buy a coat and the receptionist wasn’t overly helpful with advice, other than try the Tesco, we later found the County Mall 1.6miles from the Hotel An easy taxi ride to the airport ensured we were checking in at the airport in very good time for our flight. We would use this hotel again if we were flying from Gatwick or staying in the area. The parking was straight forward just left the car in the hotel car park and handed the keys in at hotel reception. We opted for meet and greet and that worked well for our return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

we were checked in by liz who was very quick, pleasant and helpful. We stayed for 1 night prior to a flight to florida the next day. The room was very large, with a double bed for the grown ups and a single bed for the daughter and a pull out for the son. There wass lots of room for the four of us with the bags etc. The breafast was only £7.50 for a buffet and the kids were free. There was an ironing board and tea and coffee facilities. Its not near any restaurants so we had to take the car to a nearby tgi's. We would definately stay there again. It would have been better for us to keep the car at the hotel rather than having to remove the bags to check in and tghen again at airparks but we got a great deal from holiday extras.

Room Tip: ask for room 701
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dundeetripper
Tony F, General Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for your Feedback, me & my team delighted that you find your stay with us enjoyable and comfortable.
I have passed your comments to LIZ and she is absolutely delighted upon hearing her special mention.
On our website, we do advertisement Park & Fly Packages as well and they are very competitive, please visit us next time when you booking trip through Gatwick.

Looking forward to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed for one night at the Ramada London Gatwick. Was very pleased with the hotel, nice and clean and quite bright. Parking overnight on site. I purchased the room as a stay and park package at Airparks, Gatwick. Very worthwhile.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

I delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and find us value for money. We update our website quiet frequently with special & value offers, please do visit our website, in case you planning a trip through Gatwick again.

Looking forward to see you in near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My colleague and I have been staying at the Ramada Plaza Hotel Crawley since October 2011 whilst working on a project at Gatwick Airport.
The hotel is typical of what you’d expect from the Ramada name, good quality, good amenities and good service.
This Ramada has seven floors, a bar, restaurant, function rooms, conference facilities, a small cardio-vascular gym, 24 hr reception, room service, internet and Wi-Fi connection, need I continue??
After staying in many hotels, bed and breakfasts for both work and play I have to say I feel this one offers good quality. The restaurant has a wide variety of meals to cover most tastes, a little expensive maybe but if you don’t mind a stroll down the road there’s other pubs and restaurants to visit. Having said this, the Ramada are currently running an offer for two starters, two main meals and two glasses of wine for £20.12. Good Value! You can eat in the restaurant, bar or order room service. Some of the menu is available 24hrs. Breakfast is a buffet affair with enough choice to keep most people happy.
The bar will stay open as long as there’s enough people drinking to warrant it, again prices are higher than you’d pay in your local pub but there’s pubs in walking distance if you’re on a budget or just plain tight. (I’m on expenses!!)
The rooms are clean and well equipped (think I’ve stayed in most of them by now), flat screen TV, computer, air con, hair dryer, iron and board. The showers are gas and I can honestly say I haven’t encountered a bad one in any room, good pressure, and good temperature too.
During our stay, we’ve had a few niggles and issues but they’ve all been sorted out with the minimum amount of fuss by the staff and that brings me on to the important part of this hotel.

The Ramada staff are there to help and that’s what they do. As we’ve been there for longer than most guests would usually stay we’ve got to know them quite well. They’re friendly, polite and nothing is too much trouble. I have to mention in particular Gonzalo, Zsolt, and Sarah who have a great rapport with customers and are always friendly. All the staff do a great job but sadly, I’ve witnessed on occasion they get treated like dirt by ‘important’ businessmen and holiday makers who clearly think they’re better than everyone else. Instead of ignoring the staff, just say ‘hello’ and a ‘please’ and a ‘thank you’. It’ll go a long way.
My biggest criticism is that this hotel has a swimming pool but sadly it’s been closed since day one of our stay. Come on Ramada, sort it out!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

I am delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and loved your Quote 'Ramada = Quality', which is indeed is right statement to say, as my team works hard to achieve it.

I have passed your special mentions to Sarah, Zolt & Gonzola and rest of the team.

I will be waiting to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hotel was selected for me (business trip) and stayed for 2 nights. No problem parking - though stanav on the postcode initially sent me to a health centre 2 miles away! - and staff welcoming, polite and helpful.
Room clean and comfortable, spoilt only by the design fault of having a connecting door to the room adjacent that was not soundproofed, so I had the joy of the company of a loud teenage group shouting till midnight on both nights. I mentioned this to receptionist, who told me there was no party group next to me (so I was imagining it!), but then her colleague stepped in and offered to change the room.
Restaurant as good as any without being anything special. I was offered a promotional menu for a special couples discount, which was a surprise as I dined alone! I have been in hotels with a greater variety of choice at breakfast, but what there was was quite enough.
The bar was as over-priced as all hotels are, but that is to be expected. Note to bar staff - if customers want the TV volume turned up to watch the football, they will ask for it to be done - do not turn it up yourselves just because you are bored.
Overall, if the company sends me back there, I won't mind.

Room Tip: If there are rooms without connecting doors to adjacent ones, osk for one!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank whitbyladYorkshire

Firstly thank you for taking time out to provide us feedback on your experience at our hotel.
Apologies that you got disturbed by guest next door, just wanted to assure you that our team at night takes regular patrols to avoid and control internal noise, to ensure our guest have good night sleep.

I have raised my concern with our Restaurant & Bar Manager and you feedback is been discussed with the team.

Looking forward to welcome you in near future.