“Great Hotel”

Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Excellent hotel to stay overnight avoiding the worries of getting to Gatwick early. Great value too.
Our room was on the 6th floor. Loads of hot water, larger room than we were expecting. Friendly and helpful staff. Would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tony F, Guest Relations Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Andy P

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

We are extremely pleased that you had a comfortable nights stay and you found the staff to be helpful.

We hope you had a fantastic holiday and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very well placed and comfortable hotel. Booked through APH and with the parking at the Shell garage nearby. Room clean and functional with FREE wi-fi too.
Had to leave early so did not have breakfast there but the restaurant was well laid out and looked clean and tidy.

Dear Colin B

Thank you for recently staying at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

I’m pleased to hear that your night with us went so well before your early morning flight.
The Wi-Fi does seem to be a crowd pleaser!

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed there last week for the night before our flight. Efficient check-in but not very welcoming.
Room was nothing special, bathroom was outdated, uncomfortable pillows.
As for dinner at their brasserie Arts, a bitter disappointment. The website advertised "unforgettable dinner experience... Chic food... Modern feel". Even my local pub has a better dinner. It was OK but no way near how it was describe on the website.
Overall, good location but not deserving 4*. They need to improve their catering.
Won't be staying there again, especially when a "purple hotel" is down the road, same price and better room and food!

1  Thank 65Emily
Wendi K, Director of Sales at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Sorry to see your stay did not meet your expectations.
Our food is usually well complimented and it is disappointing to see your comments. It would be really helpful if you could contact me directly with the details of your stay so I may investigate further. We take the feedback of our guests very seriously so any further information you can provide so we may understand how we can improve in future would be gratefully received.
Please do email me on wknibbs@sandmanhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very convenient for overnight stay the day before a long haul flight Comfortable room and friendly staff No problem with getting to Airparks parking We could even fill up the fuel tank en route to parking so didn't waste time looking for a petrol station when we returned from our holiday Would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tony F, Guest Relations Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Sudha R,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel. We view all feedback be it complimentary or critical as crucial to enhancing our commitment to customer service and hospitality we are extremely pleased to hear that you found your room comfortable and team friendly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel is old, not well kept (broken switches and buttons, dirt). The upper levels may suffer from water supply problems in the morning and the parking is for free, but no-one apart from other guests will tell you about that...

Never again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Twicht

Sorry to see you felt the hotel was below your expectations. To clarify, like the majority of parking in the Gatwick area there is a charge, however some packages include the charge within their rate, if in doubt reception can help explain which rate has been booked.
On one morning recently we had an issue with our water supply however this was unusual and has now been rectified. I am sorry to anyone involved in the issues that day and encourage people to contact me directly to discuss in more detail.
If you would like to discuss the issues you raise please do email me on wknibbs@sandmanhotels.co.uk.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I am familiar with the Sandman brand for my holidays in Vancouver, Canada, and in Newcastle UK, which I have reviewed for Trip Advisor, so I was quite keen to try Sandman's latest acquisition for a weekend break. This ex-Ramada hotel is easy to find on the main road network without going into Crawley town, and is walkable from Three Bridges main line train station (easy 20 minutes alongside main road) though probably not with baggage. We went out to Brighton by train for Saturday afternoon.
Having made myself known as a Sandman regular for some years, and now a senior by age (well over 55!), we were upgraded to an "Executive" room on the first floor. The bed was perfectly clean and comfortable, though I hope that in time this will be replaced by one of those huge comfy super-king Sandman beds from Canada.

In the bathroom I liked the full-size deep bath with two grab handles and two soap-holders on the tiled wall, the adjustable fixed shower-head and a retractable clothes-drying line over the bath. Somehow when showering I managed to wet the floor, so either I should be more careful or the shower curtain was too flimsy or short. The complimentary toiletries made in Italy were good, making your reviewer "Old rambler" uncharacteristically fragrant.

My room had a trouser press, ironing board and iron, fridge, hair dryer, kettle and complimentary teas, instant coffees and biscuits. On cleanliness my usual "sofa test" passed 100% - no actual sofa but I looked behind and under the furniture for dust and dirt - none.

The "full English" cooked breakfast in the restaurant on our first morning was made of good quality components and especially black pudding, but I could have had a salmon fillet and egg "special", one of several healthier options.

The car park was well-lit; good block-paved surface; easy entry and exit to main roads.

I viewed the free gym and the swimming pool (ready to re-open soon) which the hotel's new owners have refurbished to excellent standard. The Fire Escape stairs seemed OK in case we needed them (as another reviewer did on a false alarm, so I read).

The air-conditioning and heating were not exactly to our liking, but better to be too warm than cold in January; and the TV was poor (only 5 channels, sub-standard picture) - all being put right soon, so I learnt.

On Front Desk, supervisor Selicia handled the all-important welcome and check-out perfectly. In short, this hotel is ideal as a destination for my next holiday - even though it is only an hour's drive from home!

Room Tip: Our First-floor room facing the park was quiet.

Dear oldrambler62
Thank you for visiting the Sandman Signature London Gatwick,

Reading your response, I would like to say how pleased I am with how your stay went.
As you are familiar with Sandman properties we take your response seriously and take on board any tips you think might help us with our future developments with the company.

I’m delighted your enjoyed your breakfast- we seem to be pleasing many people with this!
I’m also delighted that Selicia made such a good first impression on you

As you are aware, we will be going through refurbishment later this year, we sincerely hope to see you soon after the hotel has been full rebranded as the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Very musty pillow, reported it to reception when leaving, who said they would attend to it. only two tea bags, one small soap for two people, food and service excellent, lovely atmosphere in party room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tony F, Guest Relations Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Lesley B

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is through genuine feedback like this that helps us succeed in our mission to deliver an outstanding service to our guests.

I’m glad you enjoyed your party and found the service excellent