“Friendly staff”

Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel's strength is in it staff who are friendly, efficient, helpful and knowledgable. The rooms are spacious, the beds comfortable and quite. The bathrooms are uninspiring and need refurbishment and there are on,y 5 TV channels. All in all, I stay there often and like the atmosphere and the staff's friendliness.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SapnaRM, Guest Services Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Jane B

Thank you for choosing the Sandman Signature London Gatwick as your preferred hotel.

I am super pleased to hear you think so much of our team- we try and work really hard together to make everyone’s stay memorable.

I’m not sure if you aware, we will be replacing all the televisions and renovating all of the rooms- work has already started!

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again

Kind Regards
Sapna Mistry

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed on 13th feb as a family in a basic room but had to leave fpr flight at 3am so not too fussed altho the meet and greet when u return to uk is a miserable cold hour waiting in the cold,,i strongly reccomend you just get a £7 cab back to get your car when u land ,,cheeky man madr the car smell too and left his discarded costa cup on the back seat !!

Stayed: February 2014
SapnaRM, Guest Services Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear STUBEX

I'm really sorry to hear your experience with your meet and greet package wasn't as expected.

I have spoken to my contact at the parking company and have asked him to look into this
If you wish to discuss this further with myself, please email me on gsm_gatwick@sandmanhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed one night prior to early flight, with airport parking. Our original hotel had storm damage so we were booked into the Sandman instead. I rang the hotel before agreeing the switch to make sure it had a pool. Fortunately the pool had opened earlier in the week, bit cool but pristine. Room spotless. We ate in the bar, same menu as restaurant and room service, all fine. The old Ramada sign made finding the hotel on a roundabout at night a bit confusing, but assume this will change. We thought this excellent value but feel we were probably upgraded and therefore lucky.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SapnaRM, Guest Services Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Suzanne H

I am sorry to hear you plans had been changed last minute; however I am very pleased we were able to make your stay at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick pleasant.

We hope you chose to stay with us during your next visit to Gatwick :)

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Booked this hotel as we wanted to have access to London and our son had business with the CAA at Gatwick. Good value, booked two rooms for 3 nights. Both quite spacious, clean and comfortable. Extra towels and pillows left for our use. Restaurant expensive as you expect in these places (food good though). However, the hotel is well located, near the Three Bridges Station, we took the train from here to the Elephant and Castle then onto the tube straight into London. If you want a good value tasty meal come out of the hotel, turn left, follow the road for about 10minutes, passing Tesco Extra (which has a Costa Coffee inside) Lidl and Iceland, this will bring you to The Snooty Fox Pub, which is opposite the train station. Meals are about £6 - £10 each.
The hotel apparently is awaiting a program of renovation. I Must say that the hotel wasn't dated particularly and the rooms were quite modern. However, the spa and steam room is closed and the pool was freezing. I mentioned this several times but to no avail. On the night before we left I mentioned it again to Selicia, one of the reception staff and she passed it on to maintenance who dealt with the situation. On the day we left it was warm enough to walk into! So well done to the efficient Selicia! Thank you. If only the first member of staff I complained to had taken action!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
SapnaRM, Guest Services Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Adele-H65

Thank you choosing to stay at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick
I hope your son enjoyed his time with CAA, (I did my work experience there and it was a lot of fun!) I understand why you chose this location for your visit

I’m glad that your overall experience at the hotel was good and you found all your other services conveniently located near the hotel (Crawley really is an excellent place to live and I personally believe the hotel is in a great location)

Thank you for understanding we are in our early days of renovation, and I appreciate the feedback you passed on to Selicia; I’m pleased to hear she was able to sort out the swimming pool for you before you left. Any feedback is greatly appreciated at the hotel as we are always trying to improve ourselves.

We hope you come and stay with us again soon

Kind Regards
Sapna Mistry

Reviewed 18 February 2014

very good for pre-flight night ---very helpful staff particularly in reception ( although there is a danger that they could be overwhelmed a t busy times ) Rooms near the roundabout are noisy in the mornings.

Dear michael h

Thank you for staying at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

I’m happy to hear our staff were so helpful :)

Please come and visit us again soon

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Very impressed with the slickness of booking in at reception, room was very clean and comfortable, had a good nights sleep before our long flight, an excellent package deal with airport parking as well.

Dear STEPHEN W

Thank you staying at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

I’m really pleased to hear that your check in was efficient and your overall stay was comfortable :)

Please come and visit us again soon

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed on 22nd January as it seemed a good value option as a package with airport parking. Was initially pleased with the size and cleanliness of the room also we ate in the restuarant and were pleased with the meal. However, we were very disappointed in the morning. We needed to get up and out early for our flight but when we tried to freshen up and get ready there was no hot water. This meant leaving for a 20 hour journey without a shower which was an extremely unpleasant situation. Also we noticed during the night that the rooom had only been set up for one person (1 bottle of water/glass/towel) we were going to ask for additional towels in the morning but as it turned out this wasn't necessary due to the water situation. I hope that this is not a recurring issue as I would like to stay in the future but am worried that the same thing will happen.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H

Dear skibabe

Thank you for your honest review regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that your initial impressions of the hotel were positive.

However I am disappointed to learn that your overall stay wasn't up to our usual standards.
All feedback is important to us as it allows us to focus on fixing immediate problems (which we are doing all the time!)

Please come and visit us once we are fully renovated