“Sandman Signature Hotel, Gatwick”

Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Stafford, England
“Sandman Signature Hotel, Gatwick”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

An excellent hotel located about 3 miles away from the airport in a quiet leafy area. A very comfortable room, quite spacious, good bathroom facilities..The friendly receptionist gave us directions for a short walk before enjoying an a good meal in the restaurant. We requested an early morning call in time for our short journey to the airport.
We would definitely choose this hotel again and recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We had a nice 1 night stay here. Large, clean room, comfortable bed and a quiet night's sleep. Didn't have breakfast as it seemed overpriced, but the staff were friendly and the location was good, £16 taxi from the airport (night-time) and £10 back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Denmead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We checked in just after midnight on tues 6th May room 601 and after an exhausting days travel got into bed just before 1. Had specifically chosen this hotel as checkout was 12 so could have a 'lie in' before our flight due to arriving so late. Come 7am there was banging about, originally presumed we were by a storage cupboard and cleaners were sorting things. Then the drilling and banging started on and off for next hour. By then clearly we were getting no sleep so we packed up and headed to airport earlier for some peace. Spoke to duty manager who just said, oh yes we are renovating the whole floor above! Didn't seem to understand when I said you should really write on your website that this is the situation and the rooms close by to it should not be made available or at reduced cost with warning before booking. We certainly wouldn't have booked the hotel room if we had known this. Wouldn't recommend the hotel to friends or family and wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank samb1704
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I checked into this hotel on Tuesday evening room 222. I entered the room and there was a family next door who were loud and O could hear every word. I thought it would quieten down but no. The next thing is a loud whirring noise started from next door. I had had enough so I went to reception and asked to change my room. This they did for me and gave me a room on the sixth floor. I noted the woman on reception said she only had the "sixth floor available". I should have known as the sixth floor is the top floor and what is on the roof but Air-conditioning units.
These units started up at regular intervals through out the night. I felt awful the next day. I managed to get a good rate but I wish I had paid more in a better hotel.
The meals were reasonable and not too expensive for Gatwick.
Its just the noise in the rooms.

Room Tip: Do not go on 6th Floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ourkidd
UK
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel before early flight from gatwick. Easy to find. Think it must have been renamed recently as a couple of signs pointed towards a hotel with a different name. Welcomed by a friendly receptionist. Didn't try the food so can't comment on that. Instead fancied a walk so popped round the corner to a big superstore. Room was very quiet and very dark. Only negative was that the room was a little hot for me, the fan didn't seem to cool it down and there were no windows to open.

Stayed April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here either side of my holiday flying from Gatwick. The staff were lovely and really helpful. It's a quick 5-10 minute taxi journey to the airport and the driver helped with all the bags and suitcases.
The rooms were spotless and very spacious. Tea and coffee in the rooms and a colour telly with plenty channels.
The we ate in the restaurant and the bar, both had great staff and food and was a great selection at breakfast. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
GSM_Gatwick, Guest Services Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2014
Dear November-rain-88

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay both before and after your holiday. I am especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed our restaurant and bar, and also how helpful our staff were.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Ian Flanagan
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a good relaxing holiday at SS Gatwick. The rooms were spacious for our family. Kids enjoyed the swimming pool. The spa and the Jacuzzi were under refurbishment which was the only draw back. Ample parking space. overall a good place to relax on holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Antony F
SapnaRM, Guest Services Manager at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Anthony F

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sandman Signature London Gatwick

I’m pleased you had a chance to enjoy our newly opened swimming pool, and had a relaxing stay overall.

Please come and stay with us again when we have fully refurbished to enjoy other leisure facilities