I booked into this hotel as my family and I had an early morning wake up call (03:30) for a flight.
On going to our room we found it to be very warm, so I turned on the air con unit and discovered it only blew hot air out.
I called down to reception and informed them of the problem and I was offered a fan for the room (One was already in the room probably due to a previous complaint regarding the air con unit)
I declined the fan and explained that it would just move the hot air around the room.
We was then moved to another family room with a working air con unit and everything seemed good until my wife and I tried to sleep at 21:30............
There was a constant clanging of pipes that we could hear!
After some investigation it transpired we had been put next to the boiler room, I called reception to complain about the noise from the room and at first the receptionist pretended that this noise didn't exist, I offered for her to come and hear the noise for herself but she declined.
Then she said "It'll switch off at 22:30 as it's on a timer"
Finally remembering that we was in the room next to the noisy boiler with a 03:30 wake up call!
We was then offered our 2nd room change at 22:00 but by this time our children had luckily fallen asleep. The clanging went on until past 23:00 and my wife and I woke up the next day exhausted.
It was not the relaxing stress free start to our holiday that we had hoped for.
I would not recommend this hotel or ever use them again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the beautifully appointed 151 bedrooms at our hotel near Gatwick airport has air conditioning, an en-suite bathroom, flat screen LCD TV featuring in room entertainment and high speed Internet access.Savour a relaxing meal in the Brassiere Restaurant, which serves contemporary modern food in stylish surroundings or take it easy in our friendly Club Bar. Alternatively hit the gym in the on-site fitness centre to shake off any jetlag. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Ramada Hotel Crawley
- Ramada Hotel Plaza Gatwick
- Ramada Crawley
- Crawley Ramada
- Ramada Plaza Gatwick
- Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel Crawley, West Sussex