“Just OK hotel”

Ramada Crawley Gatwick
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Nothing special. It is an OK hotel with high price. Typical bad British hotel with cold services by the staff. Room was OK but the staff education is very low standards I think. Breakfast was again very ordinary so if you are really hungry then you can eat it but don't even try it!! For the money it is just NOT worth it!!

Room Tip: Just an OK hotel but too expensive!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked this hotel through P&O for 1 night before flying to Barbados for a cruise, and the room was clean and comfortable, only problem we had was that we couldn't turn heating off, so had to open window to cool room down !!. We ate at nearby Weatherspoons & had a lovely meal. We had to drive our car to the Gatwick 'Airparks' to leave our car early in the morning, and luckily the very helpfull guy on reception had written out his own directions to give to guests, otherwise we would have found it hard to find. We had thought parking was on site, but it wasn't, so allow enough time to do this. For what we paid including parking it was still good value for money.

Room Tip: Our room was at across a small car park in annexe, and at back, so found it very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is an email I sent both to the hotel and to some of the employee of the Ramada hotels. They have not replied to my email and I think that is bad for them! At least, if I had offered someone a very bad service I would want to know it and then I would try to do something about it! But here goes:

I had to go to Crawley and my sister made the reservation for the hotel. She booked us at the "George hotel" Ramada in High Street. She ordered a room with smoking and she thought that it would provide a short walk to some smoking area but that was not the thing, it was OK to smoke in the rooms and the smell was discasting! But that is not the reason for my complaint! Our tap in the sink was always leaking, the drapes were all dusty, the shower was leaking and there were an old spiderweb in one upper corner...

We did complain about the dripping and the spiderweb and they fixed that. But the night before we went home my sister dropped something on the floor and I tried to find it and looked under my bed. And that is why I am writing this...

When I looked under my bed, I saw some mens underwear, a comb and some carton from bear bottles and there were also some canvas (the thing that is supposed to be stapled underneath the bed) and the last thing I saw was an old vomit!!!

I went down to the reception to complain about this and the employer there told me that my sister had been in the room when someone had tried to clean it! I told him that this was some old vomit and also that these underpants didn´t belong to us so they should have cleaned this before we came there! He also told me that I hadn´t complained about this earlier and I told him that I am not used to be complaining all the time and that I didn´t see this until I had to look under my bed!

He offered us to have another room at that time but I told him that it was to late for that, (we were attending to a birthday party in 30 minutes) and we would only sleep there one more night.

I am sending you some photos I took under the bed and also the first small photo is the spiderweb, the second shows the "beautiful" wallpaper, the third shows some dirt in the window and the last of the four small ones, shows the room where the cleaning tools are stored!

Room Tip: Never, ever stay at this hotel!!!
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Asdisst
Reviewed 28 December 2013

i was booked into this hotel through work. When I arrived at the hotel I had to wait for 15 minuted for the attendant to show up so I could check in.
When I was taken to my room, it was in another block away from the lovely looking period featured rooms in all of its advertising.
the block was very dated. I was on the top floor and the stench of stale smoke was amazingly bad! There were even ashtrays in the room.
the room decor was fine but the smell was overwhelming and there were moths in the bedding. it made me feel sick the whole time i was in there.
I definatly did not request a smoking room!!!!
I made the msitake of taking my shoes and socks off and the carpet fell very dirty underfoot.
The bathroom was ok. The floor was dirty. The towels were nice and clean. The pressure of the shower was rather pathetic also. There was no hairdryer in the room as was stated on my booking. I tried to call reception but had no answer on my first night.
My second night after returning from a long day of work to find out my key card did not work so i had to go all the way over to reception and wait again!!! for 30 mins for the check in person to show up again. The last thing I wanted to do after the day i had had. Really disapointed with this hotel. I expected way more from a Ramada hotel....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank emilie lauren h
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We have eventually settled on this hotel for our overnights near Gatwick.

Although not the cheapest (the bar food is quite dear), it has good facilities, is in a good location and is always clean and tidy, with spacious rooms and a nice gym/pool etc.

The one time we have had an issue (very noisy air conditioner - a real problem if you are a light sleeper), the immediately moved us to an executive room.

For a stopover night it is a good choice.

One point to note is that the car park is paying, so add 310 to the price you see.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Check-in person was outside having a cigarette when we arrived!! Then checked in and we were asked if we would like a wake-up call. We did and advised the time. HOWEVER THEY FORGOT TO MAKE THE CALL AND WE ONLY JUST MADE OUR FLIGHT. Never to trust this "facility"!!!

The room was newish and in an annex at rear of hotel. It was good size room and a clean bathroom. However, the bathroom door hinge had pulled out of the door frame and the door was jammed. We did manage to get it to move by using force and lifting the door! The main problem though was the very noisy people in the room above. Loud shouting, swearing and rowdy behaviour until 4am was terrible. Other guests complained as well as us to the front desk but nothing was done.

On checking out, there was not a hint of an apology for the forgotten wake-up call and a rather timid statement that they might have to have a word with the noisy revellers.

Never again. A poor experience which reflects poorly on Ramada.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, make sure room is in the rear annexe and do not trust the wake-up call se...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brentstevens
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a Ramada deal which meant the room only cost me £20! Plus, as we booked breakfast when we checked in, that only cost us an extra £5 each!

Stayed in the Sussex Suite part of the hotel (in a smoking room!!). Room was clean, plenty big enough and the beds were really comfortable! The view wasn't great but then we didnt really spend much time in the hotel.

It is situated right on the High Street, which made it perfect for various bars and restaurants. Special thanks to Craig on Reception who was really helpful in telling us where various bars and restaurants were. He also suggested a fantastic chinese restaurant just up the road which we visited that night and had a lovely meal.

All in all, its a great little hotel, right in the heart of everything going on in Crawley. Would definitely re-visit (especially if the £20 a room offer came up again).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple