Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick
  • Pool
US$150
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$63
US$181
US$163
  • Room Service
US$89
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$113
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,524 results
All reviewsflying from gatwickbit datedtaxi serviceovernight stayexcellent value for money
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel on my way to Gatwick and on my return. The first night I had a huge room which was bitterly cold, the wooden furniture was all badly stained by wet glasses - a cloth over the table would have minimised the impact. A call to Reception produced a portable heater which improved the situation & the TV problem was also corrected. The view was of the fire escape and wall near which an assortment of items had been left probably for a long time. I had dinner which was very slow and my duck was tough the restaurant was not crowded. Breakfast was better but average for a Hotel of a four star rating. On my return very late at night I was offered help with my luggage to the lower ground room allocated which I welcomed and as the room door opened the heat hit us, clearly this Hotel badly needs a heating engineer to manage the situation. The room itself was lovely and I had a very comfortable night. My breakfast was fine and my car was parked in an easily accessible space BUT help with my luggage would have been welcome. I don't think I shall be visiting again as the lack of consistency of room standard would be a worrying factor. After all the customer should be able to expect an attractive room with the temperature level adjusted to weather conditions to make a good start to a holiday or business trip..

Room Tip: Ask for lower ground floor where the rooms are attractive, have a view of parked cars & shrubbery but also ask what the heating will be like.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sallee
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was very sorry to read your room and stay on the way out to your holiday was a disappointing experience, please accept our sincere apologies. All guest comments are reviewed and discussed with our management team. Of course, I was very glad to read about your return when you arrived late at night and everything went so well. It is very kind of you to have taken the time to post your review, thank you. I very much hope you will consider returning to us in the future, thank you once again.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. First off the service provided by the staff was nothing short of excellent and they were very welcoming throughout. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the suites looking over the golf course, the suite was quiet, peaceful and very spacious. It had an extra large balcony with a table and chairs so you could sit outside and enjoy the views. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food but we did use the sports bar and the bar located opposite reception. Service was again excellent.
The hotel is about 10 mins away from Gatwick airport there is a shuttle bus that runs frequently for a small fee
We left our car at the hotel for 1 week while we were on holiday and it was in the same place when we returned. Key collection on return was fast and easy.
i couldn't recommend this hotel more highly and cant wait to return again in July
Good work guys

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellogs
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and found parking and transfering to the airport was easy. Thank you very much for awarding your stay 5 stars, that is great news, our staff see all the reviews, so thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back next time.
Best wishes

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We got this hotel as a "Top Secret" airport parking from another website. The shuttle was too small for the number of passengers, I had a complete stranger sitting between my legs! My return flight was delayed so I missed the return shuttle, £16 taxi ride later.
The room is worn out, holes in the carpet, broken tiles in the bathroom, lights not working and very noisy heating/pipes.

The management will apologise but the bill doesn't reduce. This hotel IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas G

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. We are very sorry you felt so disappointed. If the shuttle bus is fully booked we can call a taxi, the speciall price we have negotiated is £11.50. We provide our guests with the phone number of our taxi company to collect them at the airport on their return and therefore the cost should be £11.50. We are very sorry, you may have taken a taxi from the airport which is more expensive. Please accept our apologies and thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated.
Best wishes

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Driving up to this hotel it looks quite grand. There looks to be extensive grounds and there's a golf course next to it.

The staff on the desk were pleasant enough but I became somewhat concerned of what the room would be like when I noticed how shabby the doors to each room looked when walking down the corridor.

The room was as I imagined. Dark, tired wooden furniture and carpet that had seen better days. There was a small patch of wallpaper on the ceiling by the window that was hanging down and the cupboards and dressing table had a lot of water marks stains on them.

The room was cold and we couldn't work out how to get any heating on. We couldn't find any spare blankets.

However, we were only staying for a few hours sleep before an early trip to the airport, and on the plus side, the bed was clean and comfortable (although I could have used an extra blanket). The bathroom was also clean although very tired looking.

A weeks parking was included in the price of this room and we didn't pay a great deal for it. When it comes down to it, you only get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Snaps22

Thank you very much for your recent review following your stay with us. We are very sorry you felt disappointed with your room, however, we were glad to note your bed was comfortable. We are aware many of our rooms are in need of updating and this matter is currently in hand by our company. We do hope you had a nice holiday and thank you once again for your feedback.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night only as a close stop over for the airport, as we were going on holiday early in the morning and didn't fancy a drive down from stoke in the early hours. Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Would use again as very convenient for our needs.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Jakeycakey

Thank you very much for your recent review following your stay with us. We were very glad to read you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient for the airport. We hope you will return again soon.
With kind regards