Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
1,524 results
All reviewsflying from gatwickbit datedtaxi serviceovernight stayexcellent value for money
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We stayed one night (our third time in this chain of hotels) before flying to Kefalonia and ate that night in the restuarant. The staff there were brilliant, food excellent and all together a fantastic start to our hoilday. The front of house man (didn't get his name) was proffesional and had a wonderful sense of humour. A fantastic dining experience. The room we stayed in could do with a make over but it was very clean and comfortable, although noisey with doors banging and people (other guests) outside talking. Take out the bath and put in a shower is our advice! Saves water and is quicker and easier. Well done the Copthorne!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2010

Thank you for your review on our hotel following your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel, in particular our restaurant. It is also nice to know you were well looked after by our staff. Thank you once again, and hope to see you soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 6 October 2010

We stayed one night as we were flying from Gatwick. We booked a twin room which was very comfortable, spotlessly clean, and nice bathroom. We found the reception Staff extremely helpful and polite also the bar staff. We didn't eat in the restaurant but people we spoke to said it was very good. The transfer to the airport was very smooth and efficient. And yes we would book this lovely Hotel again. I can imagine how nice it would be during the summer,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue-ludlam

Thank you very much for your review on our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2010

I stayed in this hotel recently for an over night stay before flying from Gatwick the next morning. The exterior of the hotel was not great, and looks quite dated but the inside is more modern. My room was extremely clean, bright and modern which I must admit I wasnt expecting. The bed I had was huge, it seemed like two doubles pushed together, and the room service I had was good quality and tasty! I also parked my car there for the duration of my holiday and found no problems there either. Overall I would say that I found this hotel to be great value for money. - I would think twice about staying for a weekend or longer, but the night before my holiday was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2010

Thank you very much for posting a review on our hotel following your stay prior to your holiday. We were very glad to read that you enjoyed your room and also your room service meal. We hope you have had a wonderful holiday and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel prior to your next holiday.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

The hotel looks impressive on arrival and the reception was bright and airy, unfortunately, that is pretty much where the pro's end. The room was old and pretty worn out with lots of evidence of years of use with a great deal of poor maintenance. The carpet was threadbare in places, the windows did not close properly and were drafty (on a cold night, that could be a problem). The curtains refused to draw quietly, ALL doors close with a loud bang, the bathroom was looking old and tired with a running bath tap and loose toilet flush handle (difficult to use). The TV was out of the arc but there was a TV! No free Internet (£10 per night). After all that, it wasn't an unpleasant stay, you just felt that they could do so much more for there clients!

I would rate the hotel as 3 star at best but I couldn't fault it other than the tired room decor and room facilities. I would recommend the hotel but with the proviso of being aware of the downsides... it wasn't the worst I have stayed in but there are so many better ones for a similar price. The facilities are excellent when you are not in your room!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Thank you very much for posting a review on our hotel following your recent stay. Your comments and feedback are much appreciated and have been passed to the General Manager. We are aware that some of our rooms are in need of attention and wish to advise that various projects are planned for the future. We would like to thank you for your honest comments and to confirm these have been taken on board. We are also glad you enjoyed the facilities and sports and leisure activities which are available. Hoping to welcome you back again soon,
Kind regards

Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night and left our car there while we were on holiday. We found the staff to be very professional, friendly and helpful. The rooms were of a good standard and clean and comfortable. I used the pool and sauna which was a little small and dated but was ok. The buffet breakfast was wonderful with plenty of choice. It did get a little crowded by the time we had finished so it's best to get there early. We finished our morning relaxing in the foyer reading the papers. It was a lovely relaxing start to the holiday. We would definately book this again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

Thank you very much for writing a review on our hotel following your recent stay prior to your holiday. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and food/services provided. All guest comments are shared with our management and staff. We do hope you will return to us when you are next travelling from Gatwick.