“Unexpected quality!”

Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This was a great unexpected find, it is close to Gatwick airport, and the rooms a very nice for the price, the bathroom is stellar, the service staff is very helpful. Then the surprise to find out the hotel sits on the grounds of Lady Wentworth's Arabian stud farm, know a Crabbet park was superb for a ex-equestrian that once raised Arabian horses.

Room Tip: take a right out of the hotel lot, and you can see the horse stables yet today, and further down is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
LauraEggletonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on our hotel; we were delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy and appreciate our unique setting.
Do come and see us again soon!

Best Wishes

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth

Reviewed 21 September 2012

room was ok. Clean and tidy
but staff not all that friendly as normally you expect...
They upgraded me to a large room but informed me that the Heating wont be working..
I think they are member of Lufthansa Miles and More program. (as per Lufthansa) but staff was not aware of it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2012

This (in terms of classification) is a very nice hotel with very friendly staff but lacks some minor points that would just finish it off as a supposed airport hotel. The hotel whilst not "on the doorstep" is within easy reach - albeit not cheap via taxi - of the airport via taxi, shuttle bus or train. Once here the restaurant and bar area are quite relaxing and the rooms are very nice. I am assured there is also a very nice leisure centre but I have never had time to sample this. The lack of air conditioning in the rooms meant me waking at 4am feeling rather uncomfortable and when I then went to make tea was a little peeved to find the spoons stuck to the tray due to a state of unwash. If you are an early starter then you can forget breakfast, and for me if you are an airport hotel then you should make some provision as most of the people who stay do so due to early starts. Maybe this hotel sees it as a profit maker?

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback. I was delighted you found the staff friendly and consider us to be a very nice hotel.
I was extremely disappointed to learn that our levels of cleanliness fell short on the tea and coffee tray and I can assure your comments will be passed to the head housekeeper for immediate action and spot checks will be carried out.
It came as a great shock to me to see that you did not think we had air conditioning- infact each and every space in our hotel including every guest bedroom is equipped with individually controlled heating and air conditioning systems.
It would be great for you to come and stay again for you to see for yourself!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel the night before flying from Gatwick and on the night I returned. Then first night was great the second not so good. I booked both the nights in advance and was promised a guaranteed upgrade to a suite as a platinum member. When the conformation email arrived there was no mention of the upgrade so I emailed back asking for written confirmation to avoid any problems at check in. This was immediately provided. Check in on the first occasion was fast and efficient with the guest relations manager who had sent the confirmations and remembered the conversation. The suite was a great room and very clean and comfortable. My only slight gripe would be the size of the bath which was very small. A nice touch was a free wi-fi voucher given to their platinum club members. The only downside to that is the wi-fi signal in both the rooms I had was very week and kept dropping out although it worked well in the public areas. Check in on the return journey was a miserable affair. The receptionist had no clue, couldn't get the card machine to connect to pre authorise the room cost and told me the room was a suite when it clearly wasn't. Very few Holiday Inns now request there platinum members to pre authorise credit cards for the room cost. To me this is a total waste of time and the priority check in benefit. Especially when card details are stored in the members profile, the room is guaranteed by card when booked and in this case the hotel had my car keys and car locked in the car park. The chances of me doing a runner and not paying seem pretty slim! Despite me pointing all this out and it not being my fault that the card machine would not connect she still wouldn't let me to the room until I paid cash up front! When we arrived at the room which was not the suite as promised I had to return to reception and take a copy of the email confirmation before we were allowed to move. This was all at 11pm after a long flight and certainly not the sort of welcome you want when tired.Other than that the hotel is good. The shuttle bus to the airport only operates every hour which is a little inconvenient if you just miss one!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Andy C,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Elite Member and for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the service you received at check in on your return night. We have sent you a private message with additional information.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here before a holiday flight as I suspect most people do. It is a couple of miles from the airport so you need to get a taxi or the shuttle bus. The room and all public areas were clean and well decorated. The bed was comfortable. The evening meal in the restaurant was good and the buffet style breakfast in the morning was fine. Checking in and out was easy. If I fly from Gatwick again I would be happy to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
LauraEggletonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor- we value your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stayed prior to our holiday. Hotel has just been refurbished so e.verywhere was very new and clean, the bar was lovely and the food excellent, we had lunch and dinner and it was very reasonable. The staff were brilliant, very polite and nothing to much trouble. We got an upgrade due to being a priority club member and the junior suite was very nice, lovely big tv and plenty of room in the bathroom, clean and tidy through out.
Excellent stop over before holiday so it is highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor, we value your comments. I was delighted to learn that we were able to offer you an upgrade to one of our fantastic junior suites, its great to see the upgrade was so well received.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 September 2012

we had booked this hotel for staying in overnight before our flight from Gatwick. On arrival staff were wonderful, even changing our room so we were closer to the rest of our party. service was top class. accommodation was great, having recently been refurbished. all in the party of nine had an excellent time. would recommend this to anyone. a fine start to the holiday. the parking arrangements were also very good and on return were excellent as one of the party had lost their card yet this was not a problem. everyone was completed within 20 minutes.

Room Tip: all rooms were smashing
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor, myself and the team were delighted to learn that yourself and the rest of your party had a great stay with us!
We're looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

Best Wishes

Laura Eggleton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth? Share your experiences!