“Great 4* hotel with exceptional staff”

Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“Great 4* hotel with exceptional staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

I use a number of hotels in and around Gatwick while on business, and have stayed here a number of times.

Every time I have been 'wow'd' by the standard of the hotel and the high level of warmth and genuine customer service showed by all the staff.

The hotel is a little away from the airport, but no more then a 10 / 15 min drive, and with a shuttle for people who wish to get to the airport, but by being a little distance away you tend to get better deals and it is very quite when sleeping.

The restaurant and food is great, always seems fresh, and the room service breakfast has always been top notch.

There is a Nuffield gym next door for the more energetic, and jogging trails around the hotel.

The high standards this hotel sets outshine a number of 5*+ hotels I use in London! Will use again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AdzzzPhotography
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Thank you for such a fabulous review – I am delighted to read that you are a regular guest and have been able to take advantage of many of our facilities.
As you mentioned we do offer great fresh food within both our Lytton’s bar and brasserie, be sure to take advantage of our two main meals for just £16 on your next visit! We will look forward to welcoming you back.
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stopped here November 2012 using their Park/Stay/Dinner option, which seemed quite reasonable. As mentioned by others on this site, the room was extremely comfortable (with choice of pillows - nice touch!), and VERY clean! The whole hotel appeared to be well looked after, and we were most impressed by "front of house" both when we arrived and on leaving.

The bar and restaurant staff were also exceptional, and I don't use that word many times in my reviews! Our car was still in the same place we left it when we got back. My only negative criticism would be that the dinner was not particularly interesting with only a small choice, but hey - it was included in the deal, so we weren't expecting a lot - hence they still get my 5 stars!!

I am reminded to do this review as I have just booked a return visit in April this year - so look out for my subsequent review!!

Room Tip: We were in 157 - very comfortable but a bit of a walk from Reception - would prefer one nearer perha...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank N R
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your fabulous feedback with us via Trip Advisor!
I am pleased to read that you found our newly refurbished hotel of good quality. Perhaps you could send me an email with details of your next visit to ensure that you are allocated closer to reception, operations@higatwickworth.co.uk
I was truly delighted to see your great comments relating to members of our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in April.
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have been traveeling and staying in different hotels in UK for last ten years and I think this is one of the best hotel I have stayed in Europe.
Excellent size rooms, very clean & friendly staff.

DR RAJAY NARAIN
Cardiologist
London

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rajay N
Dear Dr Narain, thank you for such a great review – I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Always remember to book direct to receive the best price and we will look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting family in the area. Previously stayed at a number of other hotels in the area.
The standard of the rooms was far superior to any other hotel stated at in the area. As was the cleanliness, which was excellent.
Far more important was the staff. Every, and I mean every member of staff we had dealings with were incredibly professional, helpful, polite and took pride in what they did. Nothing was too much for them.

A big thank you to all of the staff there.

We shall certainly stay there in future.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ribbets13
LauraEggletonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you so much for posting such a great review on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback. I was delighted to learn of your satisfaction.
Its great to see you rate the staff so highly; second to my guests I believe the staff are the hotels greatest asset and I am pleased that the service they all offer was so well received by you.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind Regards

Laura Eggleton
Hythe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Pre booked a few weeks in advance for an early flight. Difficult to find by car in the dark we went round and round in circles! Very clean, new bathroom,warm, with good buffet breakfast (paid extra). Evening dinner was pleasant and well cooked, courteous and friendly staff. We did not realise we could leave the car in their long stay car park for a week at preferential rates instead of using the South Terminal long stay car park. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice C
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, we value your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed our food offering and were suitably impressed with the cleanliness of our new hotel.
We do offer plenty of parking packages onsite at the hotel- do always remember to book direct to get our best rates.

We look forward to seeing you soon

Kind Regards

Laura Eggleton
Weymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Good room, food, lounge. Beds very hard. Is a bit of a drive to the airport by bus so shame it is not a bit closer but the hotels of this quality which are nearer are nearly twice the price.
Can leave your car and they will not move it so no staff joy riding in your car unlike other places!. Good bus service too.
May use again but not sure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul B
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for your review – I am pleased to read that you found our newly refurbished 4* AA accredited property of good quality.
We are always pleased to accommodate our valued guests and are happy to leave cars in the main car park ready for collection.
Please remember to book direct to receive the best rates available and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Essex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth in December 2012 with my husband and young son.
You can tell that the Holiday Inn has recently been refurbished.

We found the rooms to be very clean, contemporary in design and the staff very friendly and professional. We phoned reception for some herbal teas instead of the caffeinated options already in the room, and were brought up a great selection within minutes.

This was not the case when we stayed at the London Gatwick Hilton a few weeks previously!

The £10 breakfast was great value for money. There was a selection of hot and cold food, from yoghurts, cold meats + cheeses, toast, cereals, pastries and cooked.
The waitressing staff offered us a hot drink upon arrival. I was able to read a newspaper as I ate!

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank S P
Thank you for such a great review – I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!