“Great Stay”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Norfolk
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed here as a family of 3 prior to flying to turkey. The hotel is lovely and clean. The rooms are fantastic and an ideal place to leave the car for a couple of weeks over your holiday. Food was good and upon our return we collected our car within minutes and off we went. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this fantastic feedback with us! I am very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us, including our fabulous food offerings.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
UK
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here while doing the London to Brighton challenge as its halfway between the two points. Located off a main road, difficult to find, could do with a bigger sign but only 5 mins from Three Bridges station with service straight to London and Brighton. Check in was efficient, I had booked two rooms and as a platinum member both were upgraded and given free wifi. Rooms very clean with lots of space. Complimentary water and nibbles as well as upgraded bathroom gels. Safe and Iron in room with robe and slippers. We had dinner in the bar area, lots of families and children running around but I suppose its to be expected on a bank holiday weekend at a airport hotel. Food service was efficient and of good quality. On returning to the hotel after the walk I changed and put my walking clothes in the top shelf of the wardrobe. We checked out, which was efficient and correct (£10 for parking) and made our way home. Half way home I realised I had left my clothes in that wardrobe. I rang the hotel and the receptionist went to the room and confirmed she had found the clothes and said not to worry they would package them up and send them, I was happy to pay for this and gave my card details. A week later still no parcel so I rang hotel to be informed it had been posted that day! and would be with me Monday. Nothing delivered on Monday so rang again to be informed it had been posted that day!! and would be with me Tue/Wed, they came and went, rang again to be informed that they had yet to send them out as they had no one to go to post office but a member of staff would drop them in on their way home!!! As a major hotel chain I would expect the post office or a courier to come to them. As yet I have still not received my clothes, the staff obviously can't get their story straight and telling guests obvious incorrect information on the phone makes me wonder what else they hide from fellow travellers. I really wanted to like this hotel as the staff I met were polite and efficient but something has gone terribly wrong with communication and I will be putting a claim in for compensation should nothing arrive by the end of this week.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Grindlehop
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us, as a valued Platinum member we really appreciate your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.
I am disappointed to hear that you have experienced a delay in receiving the delivery, however in the defence of our team I am aware that at earliest opportunity your items were sent via recorded delivery to the address provided and I should expect that you may have received by now. I note your comments regarding the use of a courier service, however we find it is very rare that our guests leave items behind and as a result there simply isn’t enough demand for such service.
On a lighter note I am pleased that you may have given us a 5* review if you had not left your luggage behind.
Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Perfect hotel for an early morning start at gatwick... We stayed the night before an early flight. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Excellent value for money we paid £80 for four of us which also included car parking near gatwick ( we did book almost a year ago). the staff were also very friendly. Would defiantly use this hotel again as it is an ideal stop of point for an early start at gatwick. Made an excellent start to are holiday.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rachel, thank you for sharing this fantastic review with us.
I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Always remember to book direct to receive the best rates available!
Wedmore, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Not only really good value with room overnight plus parking package but also first class menu in the restaurant. Food at dinner was excellent and well presented. The room modern, vey comfortable and spotlessly clean.

The only downside was breakfast - quality great BUT barely warm scrambled eggs, bacon and beans let an otherwise exceptional stay down. So simple to remedy.

The staff however were absolutely helpful and friendly and at the end of the day people make a stay memorable

Hire Car to airport just £11.50 far quicker and more comfortable than the bus at £9.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
JadeMattenOPS, Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for sharing this fabulous feedback with us. It is always a pleasure for the team here to see that their hard work is being noted by our valued guests and I will be sure to share your comments with them.
It is most unfortunate that you experienced concerns regarding our breakfasts temperature and I will be sure to pass your comments over to our Head Chef, that said I am very pleased that we exceeded expectations with regards to the rest of your stay with us.
We will look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bristol
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Paid £125 for room, dinner for 2 and 15 days' parking. Kids eat free.

Large, clean, quiet rooms.

Hotel is about 15 mins from the airport.

Shuttle bus is £4.50pp each way. However, a taxi costs £20 each way so may be cheaper (and quicker) to do that. Shuttle bus runs every hour.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Matt, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are happy to hear that you found one of our many packages perfect for you and your family.
As you mentioned we do operate a transfer bus to both North and South Terminal, costing £4.50 per adult and £2.50 for children (under 5 years old).
Our team here are always happy to assist with finding the perfect packages for our valued guests, so do remember to book direct for any future bookings you may have.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Rayleigh
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel in June and were pleased. We had our 4 year old daughter with us and she got to sleep on a sofa bed in our room and had a great nights sleep for once!
The hotel is fresh and modern - we stayed on the ground floor and found it very quiet.
Car park cost us £10.00 for the night which was fine as the rate we paid for bed and breakfast was very good.
Shower was great- bathroom very clean.
Bed was not as comfortable as i would have liked - it seemed to dip in the middle.
Bedroom was also very clean and spacious for the 3 of us.
Overall a good stay for a reasonable price and lots to do within driving distance.
Tasty breakfast too!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your great review with us. I am very pleased to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of our newly refurbished facilities and found our unique location ideal.
As you mentioned we are located within easy reach of many local attractions, including Crawley Town Centre and with direct links to the M23 Brighton is just a 20min drive from us.
I am sorry to learn that you had found a dip in one of our beds, however you may be pleased to know I have since passed this information over to the relevant departments to investigate.
Always remember to book direct to receive the best rates available and we will look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.
kent
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed at The Holiday Inn Gatwick Worth before flying out to Mexico the next day.

Check In went smoothly, had to give Car details etc, we did request our car was not moved in the 15 nights it was there.

Room was lovely, very clean and bigger than we expected. Hubby went to the Bar for a few Pints while i relaxed in the room and watched TV.
The Bathroom was very modern and had all we needed, Towels, Hair Dryer, Shower Gel and Shampoo.

Had a peaceful nights sleep and felt refreshed and ready for our long journey ahead that day.

We ordered breakfast the next morning and a little shocked at the price £32 for Egg, Bacon and Sausage etc....it took quite a while to arrive and we had just started to eat it when our Taxi arrived so had to leave it as we didn't like to keep our driver waiting.

We could have used the Shuttle Bus but we used Roadrunner Taxis as have used them before and they cost the same price as the Shuttle Bus but we went direct to Gatwick rather than stopping picking other guests up.

Upon arriving back from our Holiday we collected our Car Keys and picked up our Car and im happy to say it was exactly where we left it....

We would use Holiday Inn again an we are now looking for one near Heathrow but we wont be having the Breakfast....!!!

Room Tip: Ground Floor Rooms are good