Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
  • Pool
US$175
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
ibis
  • Restaurant
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,282 results
All reviewsstayed herecar parktaxi servicesat navtaxi firmleave the cartaxi companyexecutive roomdays parkingbooked this hotelholiday extrasnight staynext morningreception staffan early flighthotel restaurantlondon gatwick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from holiday and used for the second time the great overnight stay, frequent shuttle bus transfer to and from the airport. Very slick operation and good value via the holiday Inn membership option has once again proved great value and very efficient option for flights from Gatwick.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with our 1 and 3 yr old. Travel Cot was provided free of charge which was great. Our 3 yr slept in one of the huge comfy doubles. The room was really good size for the 4 of us, travel cot and loads of luggage. Easy to find. Great price as included parking. £11.50 taxi to Gatwick, only 15mins from hotel. Would definitely stay again

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Chris_Schoeman_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Ann M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found our family rooms so comfortable. I am also glad to hear that you made use of our negotiated local taxi service for a rate of £11.50 when pre-booked. This is quick and easy as the taxi take you directly to the airport opposed to going “round the houses” with a traditional bus transfer.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booked hotel stay with 15 nights parking which seemed a fairly good deal. We arrived and were quite happy with the reception desk and also the room, two double beds for family of three.
That night we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant which looked ok if a little quiet. We ordered Thai curry, fish pie and chicken with bacon and cheese, the service was good thanks to Alam, however the food was appalling. The fish pie was in a dish with a huge puff pastry on top, the fish pie was grey with unrecognisable lumps, this came with new potatoes(deep fried) and peas. The Thai curry was tasteless and watery, I had a Thai curry on the BA flight the following day and can say it was 100% better, even at 35000ft. The chicken was in a bath of oil, we made our feelings known and had the price of a pint of Stella taken off the bill.
The following morning I loaded some bags into the car and left my wife's handbag in the locked boot with £200 which we didn't need to take on holiday. On check out we were asked to leave our car keys with reception which made me a little uncomfortable with leaving bags in the car but as the taxi was about to take us to Gatwick there wasn't a lot I could do.
On our return from holiday I had found the car had been moved and furthermore the car had got a flat tyre, which is just what you want after a transatlantic flight and a 5 hour journey by road. I changed the wheel and set off home.
On checking later the £200 was missing, I had a bad feeling and possibly my own stupidity for leaving it in the car in the first place, however I had thought he car was going to be locked in the car park.
The most annoying issue was taking the wheel to the garage to have a puncture repaired and being told that the car must have been driven while the tyre was flat and that this had caused irreparable damage to the tyre........new tyre £130....thanks Holiday Inn Worth.
I phoned Holiday Inn Worth to discuss the matter but no one returned my call so I sent a complaint to their HO. The manager of HI Worth (alma), phoned me to discuss my complaint and assured me that he would investigate as there was good CCTV around the car parks, the two drivers however had been employed for a number of years and they had never had any complaints previously. A week later the manager contacted me back to say he couldn't see anything on CCTV and that was that.
Have not had issues with Holiday Inn previously however I guess it's down to the management of the individual hotels, will avoid HI Gatwick Worth next time. Alma, thank you for nothing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tawnyblue1

Dear Tawnyblue1,

I am saddened to find your review on Tripadvisor. My team have tried to deal with your comments, but this ended when you demanded that if the situation is not dealt with in your favour that you will write a review on Tripadvisor. As a Hotel we are unable nor do we want to compete with guests holding us ransom with review sites.

I can confirm that cars are not moved off site, but literally moved 15 meters to the longer term car park opposite our normal car park. This is visible for all customers to see, and I feel confident that the procedure is transparent and that we take care of all vehicles at all times. Both our drivers have been with our Hotel for over 8 years and I trust them implicitly and will support my team fully when they are accused of theft. I have no reason to doubt them.

In regards to your comments relating to the food I am disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations and our normal high standards. I fully take on board your comments and will review them with my team.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We were a large party looking for a hotel close to Gatwick airport hence the above choice.
This hotel ticked all the boxes for our large party.
Check in was fast and effective.
Rooms were spotless and very comfy.
Breakfast was good - quite simple but we had no complaints at all as everything was hot, well replenished and a nice selection.
Reception staff are a credit to the hotel and are so happy to help - well done.
All in all an excellent stop prior to jetting off on holiday.
Definitely recommended and we will be looking forward to staying there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Misspink2407

Dear Misspink2407,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and subsequently scored us 5 out of 5. We are always more than happy to cater for larger parties. I am indeed very proud of the service you have received, and it demonstrates the commitment my team have towards customer service. I will be sure to pass on your comments and recognise the individuals concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My partner and I stayed in an Executive room for one night prior to an early departure from Gatwick. It was easy and convenient to find from the motorway and there were plenty of parking places.
The reception area is light and impressive with at least two staff dealing with guest checking in. Our check in was helpful, swift and courteous. The room had a very large comfortable double bed with a range of pillows to choose from. Lovely powerful shower, complimentary tea and coffee, slippers and robes as well as wi-fi in the room.
We had a quick pre holiday drink in the bar which had a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and the staff chatted to guests at the bar.
We had a very good un disturbed nights sleep and felt fresh in the morning for our onward travel.
It took five minutes to drive to Gatwick. Parking cost £10 for the night.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2rome

Dear 2rome,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth Hotel. I am delighted we helped get your holiday off to a good start and that you were impressed with the service and facilities on offer. We are indeed very conveniently located – 10 minutes from Gatwick Airport, whilst enjoying a peaceful location and our Park and Fly Packages do offer excellent value for money.

We are pleased you would not hesitate to recommend us and we very much hope to welcome you back in future.

Kind regards,