“Short snap shot 1 night stay”

Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Stockbridge, United Kingdom
“Short snap shot 1 night stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Booked the room over the telephone and found the response professional and helpful. Extremely polite and friendly staff in the hotel. Room was large and spotlessly clean. We didn't enjoy the meal in the evening and found it rather expensive for the quality of food served. However, breakfast was fine, well cooked and plenty of it. Would definitely stay again as a transit Hotel.

Room Tip: All room locations appeared to be fine
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Chris_Schoeman_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Des536,

It is very pleasing to read your comments in relation to our facilities and service and I am delighted that you would stay with us again in light of your recent experience. I am disappointed that we fell short of your expectations and our own normal high standards at dinner and am glad we redeemed ourselves somewhat at breakfast. I am pleased to say that we are due to launch a brand new Menu in the restaurant over the coming weeks and that we have focused heavily on the quality and variety of our offering. I hope that next time you stay with us you will chance to sample it and will be suitably impressed.

Chris Schoeman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is convenient for Gatwick, Three Bridges, Redhill and the Redhill Aerodrome.

Getting to the hotel using the post code on the sat nav directed me to under a bridge on the M23 so I'd search Turners Hill Road if going again. It's about half way down the road not far from the bridge.
I missed the turning first time around as it is partially concealed and not well signed.

The hotel has plenty of parking but it is chargeable so check the rate before you travel. I think this policy should be reviewed.

Reception staff were well informed, helpful and polite.

Rooms were large, clean and well laid out with cosy seating as well as a desk area, wardrobe and drawers. The bed was very comfy with a choice of pillows to suit everyone.
The rooms had an iron and ironing board which is very helpful especially for business customers. There was also a hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities. And the bathroom had a bath with shower fitting.
There was no safe or mini bar.

You get half an hours free wifi after which it's chargeable. Again, this seems very old fashioned and a bit stingy. I'd consider reviewing this policy to bring it in line with other modern hotel chains.

We were at the hotel for evening meals and breakfast. There was plenty of choice available. The food was Ok, not great. Some seemed overcooked especially the pork - I did give the waitress this feedback and she promised to pass it on.
The specials seemed a lot more tasty and better cooked. I played safe the second night with pasta and it was actually really nice.

The bar is very small for the number of guests and very busy. The staff do their best and manage to keep track of who's waiting. But I imagine it'd be a nightmare if an event was going on.

Overall a decent hotel.
I'd stay again if I was in the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Chris_Schoeman_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Emma V,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth Hotel. I am delighted that overall you were impressed with our service and facilities and would return in future in light of your recent experience.

Parking comes at a premium in and around Gatwick, but we do continually review our rates to ensure we remain competitive against other hotels in the area. We also offer ‘Saver Packages’ during check-in, which enable you to secure a better rate if for example, you wish to park your car and have breakfast with us. It is also worth mentioning that if you become an IHG Rewards Member, which is quick and free to sign up to, WiFi is complimentary at all our properties. We would encourage guests to sign up to our rewards scheme as this provides access to whole host of offers throughout the year.

I am disappointed that we fell short of your expectations and our own normal high standards in relation to some of the food you received whilst you stayed with us. We highly value such feedback and as we are currently in the process of reviewing our restaurant Menu, have utilised your comments as part of our review process. We are pleased to announce that our new Menu is set to launch towards the middle of this month.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We left our car here for a couple of weeks and stayed over after a 2am arrival. Staff very friendly, car parking and pick up hassle free. Metro taxi from Airport at £11.50 was on time and a very comfy drive and you get a call as it arrives at the pick up.

The room, overlooking the central courtyard, was perfect. Comfy bed, choice of pillows, quiet and dark enough to sleep on in the morning.

We didn't have breakfast as we were having a lie in. Would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear RainbirdEngland,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth Hotel. I am pleased that we helped round your holiday off well and that you were impressed with our service, facilities and efficient taxi service. I am delighted you would consider using us again in future and hope that next time you have chance to sample breakfast.

Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here prior to flying from Gatwick and used the car park facility whilst away. Can't fault them, staff great, service great, bar area nice. Room quite big and it had good wifi. The taxi service they use which costs you £11.50 each way (Metro) to airport are great, very polite and on time. This hotel was much better than other hotels we have stayed in from the same brand close by.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris_Schoeman_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear MEWA44,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth Hotel. I am delighted that you were impressed with our service and facilities. The taxi deal we have negotiated is indeed good value for money and unlike many of the shuttle bus services available elsewhere, provides guests with a direct link to the airport, rather than being taken around the houses.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

taverham
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

So for £125 I got overnight stay for the 3 of us breakfast full range of hot and cold everything inc and car stay 15 days room comfortable no issues picking car up perfect.choise to book metro taxi to airport £11:50 there cost £16:50 on way back had a bigger cab

Stayed May 2014
Dear taverhamrovers,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth Hotel. As you quite rightly state, we have some highly competitive Park and Fly Packages on offer and an excellent deal with a local taxi firm on transfers to and from the airport. Our taxi service, unlike many of the shuttle bus services available elsewhere, provides guests with a direct link to the airport rather than being taken around the houses.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Nanyuki Town, Kenya
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed as part of a course booked in the local area. The rooms are very nice but the service in the restaurant leaves a lot of room for improvement as it was very slow and the food was only average. The mash potato was lumpy and where it had been kept warm in a Bain-Marie some bits were chewy! There is a reasonable selection of starters, mains & puddings to choose from but the only things I'd recommend we're the pate for starter, Cajun chicken salad for the main followed by the hot chocolate sponge with custard.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear HockingC,

I am pleased that you were impressed with our recently refurbished facilities. However, I am disappointed that we fell short of your expectations and our own normal high standards, in relation to the food and service you received in the restaurant. We are currently reviewing our Restaurant Menu and hope to launch our new Menu early next month.

I have raised your comments with my team as part of this review process and very much hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and restore your faith in the quality and variety of our food offering.

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I used my rewards point for my last day in UK to stay closer to the airport, I could not have best selection, very kind staff and very good hotel for a travel... The restaurant could do better... The Britain Steak wasn't the best... So I think that if I need it again I will book it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Marco L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth Hotel. I am delighted that you were impressed with our staff and found the hotel conveniently located – 10 minutes from Gatwick Airport, whilst enjoying a peaceful rural location. I am disappointed that we fell short of your expectations and our own normal high standards, in relation to the food you received in the restaurant. We are currently reviewing our Restaurant Menu and hope to launch our new Menu early next month.

I have raised your comments with my team as part of this review process and very much hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and restore your faith in our food offering.