Hilton London Gatwick south terminal
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
8,211 results
All reviewsgarden restaurantthe executive loungesouth terminalnew wingdeluxe rooman early flightsports barcar parknext morningairport hotelcovered walkwayunder coverfamily roomcosta coffeestayed for one nightan overnight staygood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton before our family holiday to florida. The first this I saw was the poor doorman struggling with the double doors at the hotel entrance. His job is hard enough, never mind having to negotiate two heavy double doors as well, automatic doors need to be fitted. On the whole the hotel looks very dated and in kept. The facade was rusty and dirty, the lobby was filthy and it smelled really bad.

The room was ok dirty in places, especially the toilet. The thing that annoyed me the most is that the staff on reception didn't tell us that there was a tunnel connected to the terminal. So we were walking g around outside like idiots for 10 mins, this would have been helpful information at check in.

Stayed: June 2014
GuyHilton-GM, General Manager at Hilton London Gatwick south terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Benimac1000,

Thank you for your post and my apologies for any inconveninece caused you.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for the night before our flight ., lovely room we even had a smoking room which was a bonus the hotel has great facilities and just a short walk to departure lounge , we had this room on their winter wonderland special only £89 which was a bargain

Room Tip: This hotel does smoking rooms if you require one
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear andy w,

Great post and thank you so much!

We actually only have 22 smoking rooms! but I was pleased that we were able to accommodate you on this occasion.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here as my husband is disabled and we wanted to avoided having to negotiate the M25 on a Monday morning. Arrived on Sunday afternoon and checked in efficiently. Room was fabulous and very well appointed. It had the best accessible shower we have ever seen in a hotel and everything was in a logical place for once. The room was just around the corner from the check-in desk and very convenient. Could have had a power door-opener for independent disabled travellers but no problem with a carer present.

The concierge could not have been more helpful when we asked about twilight check in with Virgin and called Gatwick Special assistance to help with the short walk down the covered walkway and through the car park to the terminal. Check in was excellent (pushed to the front of the check in much to the anguish of Upper Class knobs behaving badly in the check-in queue!)

The hotel was quiet even though obviously quite full in terms of capacity and the rooms were well insulated from aircraft noise. The bed was amazingly comfortable and loved the toiletries in the bathroom. Wifi was NOT free so didn't bother to cough up for the extortionate rate they charged and used my 4G phone instead. Wifi should be provided free of charge in any self respecting hotel chain in my opinion as we pay enough per night as it is and the cost (as reviewed n the Daily Telegraph in May 2014) is no more than £700 per month for this size hotel!

Check out was smooth and efficient

Only quibble is the usual one of the cost of food and drinks in the hotel but this is the same in all Hiltons and all airport hotels and restaurants as we're a captive market.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FMF23
GuyHilton-GM, General Manager at Hilton London Gatwick south terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear FMF23,

Great post with straight forward comments and feedback for which I am extremely grateful.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Paid £183 for overnight stay plus car parking for holiday.
Am very disappointed with the so called upgraded room. Rooms are very tired and in desperate need of an update. Looks like the furniture is well past it sell by date. Am very disappointed as less is more..............no tea/coffee, no bathroom smellies, nothing! But it's more expensive!, hence less is more.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael1224

Dear Michael1224

Thank you for your post and I was sorry to read of your disappointment.

We have just completed renovating 420 rooms and are about to begin on some public areas.

I will of course discuss your feedback with my team to ensure that any enhancements that can be made are.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I did come to this hotel at 23.00 and got my room 1.30,they where over booked and 12 customers waiting to get in there room.I did buy this room from Priceline .com and they refused to refund me because My card have already be charged.After talking to the hotel They did offer me upgrade for my next visit.When you travel a lot it is very important that your room is ready when you come in after a long flight,just a little info on this hotel son don't check in late
Best regard
Hildur Björk Gudmundsdottir

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear HildurBjork,

Thank you for your post.

I was very sorry to read of the delay that you and some other guests experienced on Tuesday night.

This was the result of a group delaying their check out time: I was however extremely proud of my team who were on duty so late in the evening when this situation occurred as they were a tremendous help to my housekeeping team to ensure as little disruption as possible was caused to our guests.

I am pleased that a genuine attempt to recover your satisfaction has been made and we look forward to welcoming you back with us.

Guy Hilton