“Exceeded expectations ”

Gatwick Manor
Ranked #67 of 271 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Whatever the reason for a visit, The Gatwick Manor is the perfect historic setting for enjoying delicious traditional pub food, including seasonal specials and leisurely Sunday lunches. We also share our grounds with a Premier Inn, if you are wanting to stay with them you will have to book through their website due to the differing companies. We also cater for weddings and party functions, however this is set aside from the Chef and Brewer business. If you are interested or need more information please dial the normal number and press option 1.
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Rustic setting, very friendly staff with good quality home cooked food at reasonable prices. Well worth a visit. Better than you will get near by

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We did not eat here as it was New Year’s Eve. However the food we saw looked very good. The bar staff where nice and friendly and the atmosphere was nice.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Party of about 30. We sat down just after 7 and orders were taken shortly after. After a while plates of food arrived every 10-20 mins for the next 2 hours! and were consumed. Mine, and one other's, hadn't arrived by 9.45 so I made my mind up to leave by 10pm if it still hadn't arrived. It arrived at two minutes to 10pm, no apology, excuse or reason for the massive delay. Everyone else had been fed. Even those on the "Burn's Night menu" had had their 3rd course out of four. The food (Brewers Chicken) was ordinary. Why it had taken over 2 and a half hours to arrive was beyond us all. We were all incredulous. One of our party complained to the Manager and refused to pay. I had been told of bad experiences at the Gatwick Manor now I've witnessed it for myself. I would never ever go there again and will be strongly advising others not to either.

1  Thank Paul_T275
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Gatwick Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Paul_T275

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Gatwick Manor in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My partner and I have been looking for a good local restaurant for some time and we decided to try the Gatwick Manor and I wish we hadn't. For starter I opted for the scallop dish, the scallops were so small there is barely a thing to write about and they obviously limit the amount you can have as one of mine was cut in half. They were slightly undercooked and served with potato cakes too symmetrical to be home made. My partner had late which was fine.

For main we both opted for steak, both medium rare. My fiancé asked for mashed potato instead of chips, what he got was an absolute insult to mashed potato. Poorly cooked potato, with huge lumps which clearly had no nutter or milk and washed even mashed properly, it was actually inedible. We mentioned this to the waiter and he apologised but we were hungry so did not send the plate back he just left it. When he was halfway into his steak it got more and more rare until it was almost blue. Again we complained and peered advised his whole meal would be taken off the bill. I appreciate it was the chef and not the waiter show as gracious enough to look embarrassed but needless to say we will not bed returning, it is not good value and nor is it even half decent food. What a shame.

1  Thank Kylie O
Reviewed 28 January 2014

A short walk from Gatwick Ibis. A building with character, Atmospheric interior. Good menu choice, including usual pub favourites. Although we had barely seconds to spare, we were able to order at early diner prices. Good value, good food, good choice of beers.